Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My 6 week body makeover UPDATE PG 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617

Author
MsAlaneous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsAlaneous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:50pm
I've never heard of that. I will have to look into it. Sounds like just what I need.
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:23pm
ok, thank you ceme
I am body type B and ready to start this diet
Hoping to lose some major weight and excited to see the results
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:18pm
The link doesn't show where to get the body type info.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:34pm
I found a link online and it says I'm a B. It seems that most posters here are Bs.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 7:13pm
Does anyone have the meal plan for type B?
ceme View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ceme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 8:00pm

This taken straight from the actual book I bought (6 Day body makeover - Michael Thurmond)
PROTEINS:
Egg whites
chicken breast skin removed
turkey breast skin removed
turkey breast, gound
Cod
Flounder
Grouper
Haddock
Halibut
Monkfish
Orange roughy
Perch
Pollock
Red Snapper
Shark
Sole
Tilapia
Trout
Tuna fresh or no sodium added
whitefish

CARBS
Starch carbs:
Brown rice
long grain rice
white rice or wild rice (I was a bit surprised to see this because I thought white was "outlawed' lol
Fruit (carbs)
Blackberries
Blue berries
Boysenberries
Grapefruit
Raspberries
Strawberries
Veggies:
alfafa sprouts
asparagus
brocolli
brussel sprouts
cabbage
cauliflower
celery
cucumber
eggplant
garlic
green beans
mushrooms
okra
onions
pea PODS
peppers all varieties
scallions
summer squash, all varieties
zucchini
Greens:
Pretty much anything, but here is the actual ilst:
Arugula
Beet Greens
Collard greens
Dandelion greens.... um...ew...
endive
kale
lettuce all varieties
mustard greens
parsley
spinach
swiss chard
turnip greens
watercress

Edited by ceme - Dec 02 2012 at 8:01pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:57am
Thanks Ceme!!
malikahbanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malikahbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:39am
I found another quiz for the ladies that dont want to pay!!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

You are going to have to scan back to the front of the thread to translate these words into the letters lol

If it helps I am endo-meso "C"

Info for the C ladies!!

The Endomorph/Mesomorph - This is a person who obviously carries characteristics of both endomorph and mesomorph. Such a person is perfect for bodybuilding because he or she probably possesses the structure and carriage of the Mesomorph and the tendency to retain muscle like the endomorph. Building and retaining muscle is not the problem. But because they are part Mesomorph, they need to follow a program that will constantly hone a harder and leaner physique. Endo/mesos are big-time water-holders - particularly if they lean toward the side of the endomorph. 

Training: Their training should consist of a lot of fairly heavy high-rep work. They need to do plenty of detail and finishing exercise while they are concentrating on the basics - for example, concluding a leg workout with lunges or cable extensions, or doing a great many heavy sets in order to actually somewhat overtrain. I can't say that overtraining is not possible for this type because it is. But overtraining won't occur nearly as soon as it does for an ectomorph, who needs to watch that at all times. The key to this kind of training is variety. Change exercises, use lots of supersets and giant sets, or vary the number of sets. 

Diet: Diet is probably the most important consideration for a combination endomorph and mesomorph. Endomorphs in general - whether combo or straight endo - almost always have a tendency to be carbohydrate sensitive and must monitor their intake at all times. Because you are a water-holder, you hold onto your glycogen stores for dear life, so a "cycle diet" is the best kind. One day may be low in carbohydrates (naturally diuretic) and higher in protein, and the next day may be moderate in carbs and moderate in protein. This type usually responds well to fats in the diet to replace carbs used as energy, and on two days of zero carbs with a higher fat diet can get to their glycogen stores much more quickly. The point is that the endo/meso doesn't burn glycogen out of the muscle for a very longtime, and it would take anywhere from three to six days to deplete it all depending upon bodyweight. They can fill up in a day two. Remember, when glycogen is burned too "efficiently" (doesn't burn fast), it is hard to get the fat- loss process going. By "cycling" the diet, you can control fat-burning and muscle loss much more easily. Don't be afraid - if you are this type - to get your carbs down low. You have plenty of them stored away. Remember, you are a water-holder, and carbs can carry three times their weight in water. You'd be a good candidate for a desert island with no food for five days whereas an ectomorph would probably curl up and die! 

Cardiovascular: This is another important area to focus your efforts of change on. An endo/meso can look very soft and not appear lean when too many sessions of cardio are done too often and for too long. You are best with the hard ride that lasts maybe 25 to 30 minutes, or two shorter sessions daily if you are running low on time. You are really better off dieting harder and doing less aerobics in order to get lean. Call me crazy, but it's true. And you thought that you were a two-long-sessions-per-day person! Also, you are much better suited to doing your resistance training in an aerobic manner. Don't worry - you won't lose muscle by doing this. An ectomorph would lose two to three pounds a day, but you won't. If you can work toward this goal, you can greatly cut down on those hour sessions on the bike that you have been doing. If that has been your practice, you must already know that at times you look as if you haven't ever ridden a bike in your life! 
FirstLady_CoCo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FirstLady_CoCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 10:27pm
I'll be blogging about my journey with this starting . . . well a couple mins ago but I officially start tomorrow. Wish me luck & here's my link
http://pathtoglamour.blogspot.com/
minnesotamom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnesotamom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:51am
Please send me a private email, I have the 6 week body makeover quiz in hard copy.  You can print it out and total up your score to determine your body type.  I did this diet over 5 years ago and lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks.  I have struggled with my weight for years, so this is the 'go to diet' for me when I have gained a few extra pounds.  Its always works and I am willing to share my success with other woman who struggle with their weight.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic