It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Cookiez189 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 6 month Self Curing Candida journey
    Posted: Sep 19 2010 at 2:29pm
Hello ladies!

As some of u know, I'm trying to convince some of the pharmaceuical companies to come up with something better than Antibiotics to "cure" yeast infections and Bacterial vaginosis. But until then, I'm not gonna sit around and wait. I wanted to try something. All the research online talks about a healthy diet and OTC supplements, etc. I recently went on Dr. Oz's website and saw this:

So with that idea in mind, I thought okay, I'll try this for six months and see how it goes. I've tried the healthy eating thing before but always gave up after a month. So I'm trying again =) (Good thing I love vegetables)

I also realize that u cant use one thing as a cure-all, sometimes you need more than one thing and a combination of those things can aid in a cure.

So I'm switching to a diet that includes everything except sweets, red meat, and and carbohydrates that is not whole grain or multigrain.

I will also be taking these supplements:

Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral
I switched to the regular centrum, I couldnt find the one's above at my local walgreens.
Why: To provide assistance with internal health

Garlic
Why: Garlic is a natural antiseptic

Echinacea:
Why: Echinacea is said the be used to boost immunity and the bodies natural defenses

Probiotics made specifically for vaginal health:
Why: I love these, I've used them before, they are specifically made for vaginal health and they contain ALL of the vaginal probiotics, instead of just acidophillus. I'll start these on month two or three because these pills arent cheap.
 ETA: I'm going to do these first before I do the other ones:

Metrogel:
-The Antibiotic
I wont use this in the beginning, I'll use this maybe starting on month four. Because of the fact that it usually takes our bodies three months to adapt to supplements (so ive heard) I'll wait till then.

The best part was walgreens has a buy one get one this week =)

So I'll update you guys every month on how my progress is on this board. I start tomorrow Smile

Edited by Cookiez189 - Nov 08 2010 at 11:00am
Sponsored Links

tantoine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 7:11pm
I'm sorry. I'm really confused. How will you know if this cures BV or yeast infections? Do you have a test group? I don't think it's a good idea to sit around with BV or a yeast infection. I had BV recently and it was horrible. It felt like my vagina was trying to eject itself from my body. It was very painful. I would not want to be in that type of pain for 6 months. Can you better explain this to me?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 7:14am
^^ I'll pm you
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 7:18am
BV is terrible and the pharmaceutical companies know that the antibiotics are temporary but they make money off of a temporary fix because it will mean that you have to keep going back for more and considering the way most american diets are it WILL come back for sure and you'll go right back to the dr office for the same treatment over and over again

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 9:12am
^^ Thats my point exactly!! I think we should all start sending emails and letters to the pharmaceutical companies, I did already, I emailed the FDA and they told me to reach out to the pharmaceutical companies.  If we annoy them about it, then maybe they'll come up with something different.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 8:19pm
[This is what is working for me so far and everyone is different, I'm just sharing my experience with you all... and puttin my business all on the internet, but hey, I could be helping somebody too. This is not meant to offend anyone in any way, shape, or form.]

IM BACK!
I know im four days early but I wanted to post an update and a product that I just ordered... well I'll start w that first.

As some of you know, I have been desperately reaching out to pharmaceutical companies and these people who make the probiotics tryna get them to come up with some better products for our issue, and I think I got through to one of them. Not a pharmaceutical company tho, but a company that makes one of my favorite probiotics. Like I stated above, I will be starting the probiotics during month 2. So I went to the website and I noticed that they have a new product available called 7 Day Rapid Yeast Relief http://www.renewlife.com/rapid-yeast-relief.html. At this point I'm a guinea pig to anything that says it will help get rid of my BV, so I just ordered it and I will try it when it comes Big smile <---excited! And then afterward I plan on switching to the regular probiotics that they make.

Ok so now for my update:
Lemme tell you, eating healthy is HARD, especially when its not something that you are use too. I slipped and ate three pieces of cake one day n OMG itching, burning, dischage... I was not a happy girl. However ever since I started eating healthy, I've seen a MAJOR change. Because of the fact that I never have time to cook for myself and nobody in this house is forced to eat the way I do, I live in the frozen food section. Kashi and Spa Cuisines have saved me from starvation! Whole Grains, vegetables, very low on sugar, etc. also Lean Pockets, turkey burgers, etc etc lol. But none of the foods I have eaten have irritated me at all. I do miss McDonalds tho...

As far as the supplements go, I stopped taking the Echinacea and the Garlic because I believe that one of those two didn't agree with my body and gave me headaches (I think it was the Echinacea), so now I jus take the multivitamin.

I noticed within 2 weeks of my body adjusting to this lifestyle change, I have no strong odors, the discharge is still there but has decreased significantly, and I barely feel any itching, burning, or dryness.

So month two starts when I get that box in the mail Smile

Edited by Cookiez189 - Oct 15 2010 at 8:21pm
missdezy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 3:58pm
^sounds promising so far! And I have read on many sites that eating clean/healthy makes a diff. in vaginal health.....I have yet to try it though lol (being a college student living on campus with no car makes this dern near impossible) Good luck op on the coming months
beautydeep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 4:08pm
what soap do you ladies use?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 4:46pm
I use the antibacterial (gold) soap, either store brand or dove.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by missdezy missdezy wrote:

^sounds promising so far! And I have read on many sites that eating clean/healthy makes a diff. in vaginal health.....I have yet to try it though lol (being a college student living on campus with no car makes this dern near impossible) Good luck op on the coming months
Thankyou Embarrassed 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic