Topic ClosedMy 5 yr old nieces hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Blk/Ind Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 5 yr old nieces hair
    Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 8:26am
My 5 yr old niece has really short hair. She has no edges in the front, her hair  in the front is longer than her hair in the back, and her other aunt gave her a relaxer when she was 2 years old. I was furiousAngry! My mom and I try to do all we can but since she doesn't live with us its kind of hard. We try to wash and condition her hair once a week and we get her hair braided with synthetic hair every 2 weeks. Her hair is not breaking but its not growing either. I think all we can do is have it cut low and start over again. Is there anything else we can do or any products we should buy to help her hair?
Sponsored Links

foxyblack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 10:20pm
keep her hair mositurized I use any kind of braid spray with water and glycerin as the first ingredients and seal with castor oil this helps with the dryness and access what kind of condition her hair is in is it snapping, frizzy dry?
Blk/Ind Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2009 at 7:34am
Her hair is fine and soft...very easy to manage which is why i don't understand why they felt the need to give her a relaxer. Her hair isn't snapping or breaking {yet} because I know she has split ends and her hair is growing super slowly. Her parents know nothing about hair care. They still grease her scalp, wash it every 2 weeks, and tie her hair up with a cotton scarf...but i can't tell anyone how to raise the child. I think we should just cut it even but my mom thinks we should cut it all off and start over. Idk...we're going to take her to a beautician though. Thanks for your advice.
Laurensmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 7:14am

I don't have a lot of suggestions but I buy my little girl really cute headbands and I glue on big flowers and she has all kinds of bows to clip in.  Everyone loves them and I think they make her feel pretty.  You could buy her some of those and just pull it back until you can get some health back to it. 

mrz_m View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 9:29am
whatever you do, please do not cut that baby's hair all off! it could be traumatizing... at least it was for me. my mom cut all of the "perm" off my hair when i was abt 7 and i'm still not over it. just keep it braided and conditioned. it'll come back to life.
missmeka1979 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2010 at 9:44pm
Just keep it braided and conditioned. I love Scurl for my daughters braids.
Kellee17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2010 at 7:05am
Synthetic hair will also break hair.  Also the weight of the braids might not be helping either.  I know it might look better but, her hair has to heal from the relaxer.  DC with olive oil is good.  Castor oil is good for the promotion of hair growth.  Make sure the grease you are using does not contain petroulem or mineral oil.  HUGE NO NO!! Shampoos with silicone NO NO.  Drying to the hair.  It will take time.  Just cornrow the hair to protect the  moisture from the elements will help it grow better.  Check out the natural hair threads on homemade receipies for alternatives.
shamiul001122 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 12:27pm
thats fantastic you are happy with your kids hair.my kid is 6 years old . i gave him clear cellophane treatments last month. it worked well. anyway my kid's hair got a little bit problem also since his birth. i made a lots of option on treatment for that.now my child's hair is really looking good. i think within few days its will be okk

gladhair
EBNBHair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 1:51pm
My twins lost about 75% of their hair on the sides and back due to a really bad case of eczema/ cradle cap.  They were diagnosed with it late last year.  The doctor prescribed a shampoo that helps to reduce the scaling, but causes the hair to be extremely dry.  So to combat that I use a mixture of mango butter, lanolin, olive oil and castor oil to moisturize their hair and scalps.  Things are working out well for them.  Their hair is growing back and the eczema is under control.  I also reduced their sugar intake which can cause eczema flare ups.

I thank God that I know how to make boutique bows and headbands and am not afraid of or view their short natural hair is unattractive.  Its absolutely beautiful to me.

I reinforce their natural beauty and so does my husband.  They enjoy having their hair done and they always run to daddy shouting "daddy see my hair...pretty."  He scoops them up and says "yes mama...beautiful."
Soonergirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 4:24am
Originally posted by EBNBHair EBNBHair wrote:

My twins lost about 75% of their hair on the sides and back due to a really bad case of eczema/ cradle cap.  They were diagnosed with it late last year.  The doctor prescribed a shampoo that helps to reduce the scaling, but causes the hair to be extremely dry.  So to combat that I use a mixture of mango butter, lanolin, olive oil and castor oil to moisturize their hair and scalps.  Things are working out well for them.  Their hair is growing back and the eczema is under control.  I also reduced their sugar intake which can cause eczema flare ups.

I thank God that I know how to make boutique bows and headbands and am not afraid of or view their short natural hair is unattractive.  Its absolutely beautiful to me.

I reinforce their natural beauty and so does my husband.  They enjoy having their hair done and they always run to daddy shouting "daddy see my hair...pretty."  He scoops them up and says "yes mama...beautiful."

Wow this made me smile!! Mom you are awesome and what a great role model your daughters have. Kudos to you and hubby!!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic