Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedMy 1st sew-in weave, bald spot after 7 days!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
JamieJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 1st sew-in weave, bald spot after 7 days!!!
    Posted: Mar 26 2011 at 9:19pm
I AM BEYOND PISSED RIGHT NOW!!  I was SOOOOO excited to be getting ,my very first sew-in!  I have contemplated doing it for a year, and decided I needed a new look and a new lease on life!  I THOROUGHLY researched the sew-in procedure, and the person who would be doing my hair.  She came HIGHLY recommended, and the pictures of her work were impeccable!! So I drove an hour to my appointment last week and couldn't wait for my new look.  She was on time, very nice and her hair looked great as well!  I got the install and was VERY PLEASED, but noticed later in the day that I had a headache and the right side of my head hurt because of the tight braids.  Since I was going out of town the next day, and would be gone for 4 weeks, I thought getting the sew-in was a good idea because there are not many ethic beauty supply stores where I'm vacationing, and I wouldn't have to worry much about my hair. 
Well, after 7 days of having this mess in my head, I've discovered that I have a long bald spot on the right side of my head, and the spot is COMPLETELY SMOOTH!!!!!

I took a picture of my scalp, and sent it to the stylist, and she did not respond!  Earlier in the week I emailed her and told her I has having sparp pains on the right side of th sew-in, and the stylist said it was normal because my hair is not used to being braided and weaved.  I stressed to her in my email that I DID NOT WANT ANY BALD SPOTS, and if there was anything she could suggest I do so that my hair would not fall out.  She told me everything would be fine, and CLEARLY it's not!! 

If anyone has experienced this, please tell me what I can buy of use to get the hair to grow back.  The braids are looser now, but now I'm paranoid that more hair will come out andv that the hair loss is permanent.  Should I go back to the person who did the sew-in and show her what she did or just go to my regular beautician?  Should I get the weave taken out completely or just work with it?

HELP!!!!!!!!!Cry
Sponsored Links

supermodelsonya View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2011 at 9:25pm
1. Take the weave down.
2. Contact a dermatologist.
3. Contact an attorney.

I posted pictures here about seven months ago when a family member lost hair due to the same thing. Hers was very bad and she had an infection.

She is currently in litigation with the shop that did the install. To be honest, she is facing permanent hair loss but not everyone's case is the same. That is where the dermatologist will be able to help you.

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2011 at 9:27pm
sorry to hear that this happened to you.

how did you see the bald spot if the weave is still in?

take out the weave immediately.  do not keep it in.  why risk more damage?

i would go back to the stylist and show her what she did to me.  stylists need to own their blunders.  and you should get your money back.

in the meantime, remove the weave and assess the situation to see if there is more damage.  is the spot completely bare of hair?
Bre. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2011 at 9:51pm
Take the weave out save all the emails you have with her and call your lawyer!!!
Ree Ree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2011 at 9:54pm
[QUOTE=supermodelsonya] 1. Take the weave down.2. Contact a dermatologist.3. Contact an attorney.
JamieJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2011 at 10:49pm
The problem is that I'm out of town on business, in the middle of nowhere for 3 more weeks, and cannot get back to the stylist who did my hair, and there are NO ethnic stylists in the area! Literally none!!  This REALLY sucks because I REALLY don't know what to do...
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 12:21am
take the weave down!  save your hair!

you can't get a wig anywhere around where you are?  wear your hair in a ponytail/bun? put a headband at the front?

and when you take the weave down, take plenty of pics.
Alex Urameshi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 2:49am
girl take out the weave and make sure to baby that area.
Stephenk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 9:58am
you need to document everything...so you could AT LEAST get your money back...I would most def. take the weave down tho...ASAP. Then you could start nursing your hair back to health after taking it down...

but if you still have the weave in...makesure you still moisturize...wash...condition...and deep condition your hair...just like you would if you had your natural hair out...After taking your weave out...I would get a protein treatment...
rolin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 10:04am
A smooth bald spot sounds like an allergic reaction. That happened to me once I had glued in tracks- I lost all my hair where she had used the white glue. The hair fossil basically fell out so I had smooth bald lines all around my head. It sucked!!!

I really have a hard time believing it is due to a too tight weave- sounds more like you may be allergic to the synthetic hair in the braids? Please take it out right away! 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic