Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

must apartments advertise they rent section 8?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I wouldn't wanna live near a bunch of section 8 tenants...

In a lot of cases paying 50 dollars for rent makes people less appreciative of what they have.... and more likely to cause problems...

I disagree. It's just a mentality and that's why a group of rich folk are called the "new rich" and "new Money"

Old people are on section 8 and other programs all the damn time and their facilities are always nicer. Even the grounds are always nicer. 
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 11:43am
I am sure there income brackets are not very different. People will shade the poor and only be making $5 more an hour.

Unless they just don't have a job.  

Edited by nitabug - Jul 02 2014 at 11:44am
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

How will I be able to tell? I guess the obvious, visit the complex during work hours and see if there are people just chillin

especially this time of year.... 

or check the neighborhood.... if there's a really good chinese spot nearby, its usually the hood. 
LOL
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

oh okay

I was thinking about the woman that makes 70k/80k or more versus what their neighbor might make

in those instances, they can typically tell if neighborhood is upscale or not without asking. 
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

Originally posted by BitterSweet85 BitterSweet85 wrote:

So section 8 = aint sh*t person/people

one singular solitary section 8 person = fine
groups of them living in on area = aint sh*t

yall playing in this thread

either you are currently on section 8 (if so, no shade-im not talking about you, I mean THOSE people) or you have never been around them and lived around them so you're being all fancy and liberal right now
LOL  I'm not on section 8, sometimes I wish I was so that the gov't could help me pay my high as rent when I lived in the city.  But I moved out of the city for these reasons.  I got tired of listening to helicopters, police sirens and gun shots.  Now I listen to the crickets, tree frogs and those damn early birds who start chirping at like 4am.  LOLMy rent is still the same but I have a whole lot of amenities to show for it.Wink
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:44pm
In NY there is a difference between working with Section 8 and being on PA (public assistance) most landlords except slum lords no long will house people like that because the security they pay is ate up after they leave because of damages so NOW they ask for two months rent, a broker fee, credit check so if you don't do your due diligence as landlord you can have a tenant from Hell subsidy or not.

The landlords that don't ask for a deposit don't care.

I used to feel the same way about the PJs until I found out you can make up to 50k and live there and not be able to get up to your unit...smh.

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 1:19pm
I hate when the news show all the folk in line waiting for a sec8 voucher. You woulda thought they were releasing some new J's.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I hate when the news show all the folk in line waiting for a sec8 voucher. You woulda thought they were releasing some new J's.

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I wouldn't wanna live near a bunch of section 8 tenants...

In a lot of cases paying 50 dollars for rent makes people less appreciative of what they have.... and more likely to cause problems...

I disagree. It's just a mentality and that's why a group of rich folk are called the "new rich" and "new Money"

Old people are on section 8 and other programs all the damn time and their facilities are always nicer. Even the grounds are always nicer. 

Yea that's why I just said a lot of cases...I know everybody is not like this...
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 5:15pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic