Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

must apartments advertise they rent section 8?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:43pm
sh*t, if i could get my sh*t together on a level where i'm comfortable enough, i'd go and pass out fasfa apps to everybody in the hood LOL i'd be like, "free money, shawdy! spend it wisely" 

wish i had smh

random. 
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:43pm
the comment about folks runnin' up in Ricky house brought this to mind.

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:46pm
do people get jobs after these programs?

If people were going through the program and getting good jobs the word would get out... you'd think

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:48pm
i don't know ricky. i'll see if i can find some references online
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

these threads are always funny. of course not errybody is a lowlife. this ain't about being bougie or better than. I live in the hood. the stories my current landlord has tole me....smh.   He swears up and down he'll never again section 8 rent again.

I can't tell you how many BLACK landlords I've known that refuse to rent to BLACK section 8 renters b/c of past experiences.

damn.  well he's denying errybody equally.  His last renters were latino and they fucced his sh*t up...even more so when he was trying to get them out.  He said he had to come out of pocket thousands for renovations and to bring it back up to code.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:59pm
can't even think of the names of the programs i know about to even research the success rate online. either way, i doubt any of these resources have the ability to graduate someone from poverty to wallstreet but they are stepping stones. 

many people don't even have the gumption to drop the crutch regardless though. the mentality has to change. that's the problem

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:01pm
i be preaching to myself half the time too. tomorrow i'll be more motivated to make some moves because of all the sh*t i'm talkingLOL

random
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

can't even think of the names of the programs i know about to even research the success rate online. either way, i doubt any of these resources have the ability to graduate someone from poverty to wallstreet but they are stepping stones. 

many people don't even have the gumption to drop the crutch regardless though. the mentality has to change. that's the problem

I know I'm incredibly optimistic and perhaps too empathetic

But the govt is probably more reliable than a low paying job and from what I reading here it's hard to get on these programs 

That might make people hold on longer than seems reasonable, like you said quantum leaps are rare

So it's not just a matter of being unmotivated, lazy, non ambitious etc

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:33pm
poor people are nothing more than a reflection of the majority of humans "us" (the majority of people on this planet are poor) just like we get comfy at our jobs making xyz amount of money, with xyz benefits (building someone else's dream instead of dedicating all our energy to building our own businesses), many poor folks are comfortable with government handouts. 

Edited by noneyons - Jul 01 2014 at 11:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style