Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

must apartments advertise they rent section 8?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:36pm
A lot of able bodied working people need section 8 too though.

Plus they have to pay 30% of their income towards the rent.. so they're not really living large
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:41pm
absolutely. i agree. but just like the example i gave of sister, many able bodied folks on section 8 don't see any incentive to further their education (for example) so that they're no longer working part time minimum wage jobs and no longer need the crutch. i know damn sure i wouldn't. 

if a fire is lit under some asses, folks will do what they gotta do stop being dependent on the goverment.

Edited by noneyons - Jul 01 2014 at 9:42pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:43pm
my sis was employed with the same company part time for years because if she worked full time, she'd lose her benefits. nothing wrong with that in theory but she should have been taking online classes at least while she was working part time. 

Edited by noneyons - Jul 01 2014 at 9:44pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

absolutely. i agree. but just like the example i gave of sister, many able bodied folks on section 8 don't see any incentive to further their education (for example) so that they're no longer working part time minimum wage jobs and no longer need the crutch. i know damn sure i wouldn't. 

if a fire is lit under some asses, folks will do what they gotta do stop being dependent on the goverment.

or not.

This isn't usually the case, they just stay poor. Sometimes the fire is education, sometimes illegal activity

Edited by nitabug - Jul 01 2014 at 9:45pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:47pm
i feel you, nita. 

but if section 8 was limited to say 5 years, i can almost guarantee most people would spend the last couple of years of their stay working on anything that would keep them from living under a bridge. 
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:49pm
they could pull the rug out from under folks at any given time. if there were a time limit, at least people would be duly noted and prepared. 

Edited by noneyons - Jul 01 2014 at 9:51pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Black RR has a hubby, it's true.

u seen him? if so I'll take ur word for it. you seem trustworthy

Oh sorry. I didn't see this. Yes i have.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:08pm
my sis got big dreams and sh*t now that she no longer has section 8. before, not so much.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:12pm
actually i think its a c.o.n-spiracy
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

my sis got big dreams and sh*t now that she no longer has section 8. before, not so much.
but this isn't true for many. They got rid of EUC and most would think...good, now people will try harder to get a job. Hasn't worked.

Pulling the safety net from everyone shouldn't be done so a few can be motivated.

Edited by nitabug - Jul 01 2014 at 10:13pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>