Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Mum won't let child out in case she tans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mum won't let child out in case she tans.
    Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:45pm
Aint that a b!tch. 

Please mommy, can I go outside? Toddlers & Tiaras mother shuts daughter indoors to prevent her skin from tanning

pageant mother on Toddlers & Tiaras left viewers aghast last night, as she shut her daughter indoors to prevent her skin from tanning.

Three-year-old Selena Cruz was seen with her face pressed against the window as her brothers played basketball outside.

'I really want to play outside. Like my brothers,' she complained. But her mother said that she must stay indoors so her 'natural, golden skin tone' would not darken.

Scroll down for video

Shut indoors: Toddlers & Tiaras star Selena Cruz was seen with her face pressed against the window as her brothers played basketball outside

Shut indoors: Toddlers & Tiaras star Selena Cruz was seen with her face pressed against the window as her brothers played basketball outside

An edited clip of last night's episode shown on The Huffington Post attracted dozens of angry comments.

One viewer wrote: 'Good grief put some sunscreen on the kid and let her play. This is child abuse.' 

Childs play: Selenas brothers were seen outside in the garden

Child's play: Selena's brothers were seen outside in the garden

Fed up: The three-year-old explains to viewers that she wants to play outside

Fed up: The three-year-old explains to viewers that she wants to play outside

While another added: 'Let the child outside or she won't have healthy bones and skin. She needs to play with others.'

However Selena's mother simply explains on the TLC show: 'She has to stay inside, so she follows the proper protocol.'

Last night's installment featured a pageant contest held in Columbia, South Carolina. last June.

Strict: Selenas mother told viewers that her daughter has to stay inside, so she follows the proper protocol

Strict: Selena's mother told viewers that her daughter 'has to stay inside, so she follows the proper protocol'

Selena appeared to be getting a little tired of the constant preening and posing.

'Bein’ a diva’s exhausting. I don’t know how Beyonce does it,' she exclaimed after she took to the stage.

Other youngsters to feature in the episode were Mackenzie, six, and Faithlyn, nine. 

Catch Toddlers & Tiaras, every Wednesday at 9 pm ET on TLC

Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:48pm
    why are so many of these pageant kids fat?
    kkscottdale View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:49pm
    she looks just like dora.. face shape and all. Cute baby though.

Mom is messed up for that though.
    Gkisses View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:53pm
    Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Theyre American? and most of their parents are as well .?

Just guessing never seen the show beyond 30sec clips
    zsazsa View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:53pm

Americans are just a fat nation. 
    Tbaby View Drop Down
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:54pm
    I thought she was latina, til I scrolled down and saw Mom...

I push my kids outdoors every chance I can get, lol
    dijah.love View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:54pm
    She's such a chubby little cutie pie.

Her mother is sick.

Reminds me loosely of this anecdote I read in Our Kind Of People by Lawrence O. Graham. Mom wouldn't let the little girl play outside -- told her it was unladylike. Later, she found out it was because she was black and her father was trying to pass as white. Any teeny bit of sun and she would very easily compromise the family's status.

Her mother was sick, too.

I am not sure of the lady above's reasoning, but there is nothing that changes how shameful this act is. Give her some SPF and let the child be a child! What kind of parent suggests that their kid is skating on a thin line of acceptable and not if they stay in the sun?
    grandhustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote grandhustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 6:56pm
    Of course it's here in columbia
    AwesomeAries View Drop Down
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 7:01pm
    I was just going to start a thread about the coveting of light skin in the south.
    Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 7:01pm

Well she ain't outside playing soooo
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
    Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>