BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Multiple careers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple careers?
    Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:49am
What do you think of people with alot of different careers or side hustles? Do you think they come across as know it all who are doing too much or as savy business people?

Will you hire a makeup artist/hairstylist/cake decorator/eventplanner/esthetician for the same event? Or would you feel more comfortable with a person who specializes in only one area?

Edited by sbrownie84 - Feb 04 2013 at 10:01am
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:03am
I see them as smart and good at planning their time. 
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:04am
*sigh* no matter what i do i always make time for photography. i just love it....

anyways why would i side eye someone doing their thing? thats silly i would probably just get my own hustle instead of worrying about anyone elses.

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:07am
[
[/QUOTE]

cool......that's why I asked. I really needed an honest opinion. I'm not though. I m happy that she is ambitious and determined and confident enough to take on so many tasks.  

I just find her to be a bit 'all about me', but you have to be that way when you are promoting yourself so I understand. :)

Edited by sbrownie84 - Feb 04 2013 at 9:11am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

poof got my answer. :)

lol

you had a lot going on in this post and the question kinda didn't go with your subsequent post

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 04 2013 at 9:13am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:15am
sounds to me like someone with a career and a good fall-back-on plan

more people should follow suit
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:16am
why poof when you have been quoted?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:18am
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:18am
NO i don't.... if more people had businesses aside from their full-time gigs they won't be so scared(and affected) by corporate layoffs. 

Aside from the "branding and interior decorating" part, her business looks fine to me. If she can offer a photo-shoot and do the photography, makeup and set design in one package then why not? Its called cross-selling and upselling for service based businesses. It happens with product based businesses all the time. Who's walked into Starbucks and ONLY bought coffee. No they might get a muffin or even some mints.

the only people I side eye when it comes to business is people who say they do real estate. its seems to be the default answer to the question: what do you do for a living. Unless you do it full time.... my side eye activates
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:30am
Are we still worrying about other people's opinions in 2013 ?  I know so many people who have a side gig and to me that is admirable.  I wished I found something I love and that is flexible in scheduling.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>