Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Muhammad Ali's son shut off, in poverty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:42am
Sad story. I also think that some type of mental illness/bipolar is involved and was worsened by the abandonment which was made worse since his dad is an international figure and he carries his name.

Im so puzzled b/c his sisters, the twins (same mother) went to top schools, received degrees, are in there careers, one is married to a rich white man...why the hell cant they help their brother out to keep him from being destitute? Im curious about the story behind the story.  When he was shipped off to live with his grandparents while the mom was pursuing actingGeek, I now wonder if they all got split up and he got the short end of the stick while the other siblings got shipped off to more progressive caretakers....who knows, but this is sad that he isnt allowed to see his dad.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jan 28 2014 at 9:43am
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:48am
I empathize with him. I knew his story
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 10:39am
ppl that can't take proper care of themselves should not have kids that will suffer along with them
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 10:45am
Yeah, but Ali didn't know he would get parkinsons. We all get old and would be like crap when we are old, so everyone should not have kids and keep the species alive.
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Yeah, but Ali didn't know he would get parkinsons. We all get old and would be like crap when we are old, so everyone should not have kids and keep the species alive.
I wasn't talking about him
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 10:57am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

If He was a she y'all would be chastising Mohammed Ali bringing his past history of sketchy controlling behaviour with women and recklessness and calling him the typical American black male

But because he is a he .. Well, the lack of sympathy is hardly surprising

Speaking for myself, I would echo the same sentiments that others have stated if he was a she.  Bad things happens to everyone but what you do in response to it is up to the individual.  If he didn't know how to use the internet, he would be looking for FREE programs that shows you how to use the internet.  Hell I know for a fact that the Chicago Public Library have seminars that teach individual how to use the internet and I think one of three main branches host seminars on how to create a resume.  All you need is a library card.  Someone at the shelter or other NPOs could have hooked him up.  I know there are libraries in the Englewood area.  It ain't nothing but a bus ride away.  In fact, there is a program with the CCC in which he can enroll to get his AS or AA or a cert and I would work the hell out of the career centers that are dispersed around the city.  He can even look into the JVS and they will help him.  If he wasn't so busy blaming others, he would have been in a better situation.  But you know what, there are people who squander their opportunities regardless of who they are.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 10:58am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

LSA said that he has a learning disability. I've only seen Lailah and Hana, is there an updated pic of the 50millon others?

What kind of learning disability? 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 11:02am
I know I have my father issues but if I allowed my life to go to sh*t i'm quite sure I would be tole to deal with it. Deal with it enough to get my sh*t together. You a grown woman etc etc etc.  When u get to a certain age blaming your parents...or lack of parent...it don't look right. I know it's scornful but he has been cut off for some time now. Why is this only coming out now? Why didn't this story pop off when Ali was not so far gone? Was he doing aight before so it wasn't an issue? If he's slow then that sucks for him even more and I feel some type of bad for him but...*shrugs* I don't think he's slow tho. I think he is just ...uneducated like for real. no shade.  His quote about sh*t neighborhood etc....it didn't read to me as "he special" just like he gave up on school. 

Edited by newdiva1 - Jan 28 2014 at 11:02am
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 11:02am
I dont think that he isnt rcving a special pass b/c he is male. I think that most people have seen the 'bad seed' syndrome and think that he has underlying issues. Think Mariah's sister that tried to exploit her, Oprah's sster that tried...A lot of people get left behind by well off parents, siblings, etc including countless bhm members that have told ther stories and though in pain, they went on to get a job and take care of themselves by and by. it sounds like he 'demons' as they say are holding him back from greatness therefore the bad seed syndrome.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234