Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MTG- Shapleys original mane tail groom for HORSE?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedMTG- Shapleys original mane tail groom for HORSE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
crazy810 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: MTG- Shapleys original mane tail groom for HORSE?
    Posted: Aug 13 2010 at 9:28am
I was just researching some hair growth advise from some BHM ladies. The say that MTG- Shapley's original mane tail groom is great for hair growth yet it smell bad. So I went to their website http://www.shapleys.com/products_view.aspx?articleid=17

I found out that it is used on horses!?! WTH? I want my hair to grow but is this stuff safe?
Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2010 at 10:37am
MTG is for horses. Not sure how safe it is. Its a mix of sulfur powder and cade oil. It smells like straight poison. Dead

The company has a product (supposed to be MTG for humans and supposedly smells "better") The product is called SULU.  Stern%20Smile  (keep in mind this is not a Black/ African American owned company)

SULU smells just like MTG, and is marked up in price for a small quantity. You can purchase a 32 oz bottle of MTG for $16.00- $20.00 depending on where you go (I purchased my 32 oz bottle for $15.90 + taxes at a local horse store) and the SULU is 8oz for  $12.00---- Confused
Dead
There are several threads on MTG -- Just say the word and I will do a quick search for you in a second and post it below-- since I have nothing but time on my hands these days LOL

** I (and many other women on the hair boards) think you are better off purchasing some sulfur powder (runs under $7.00 for a bottle that will last you a loooong time) and adding your own (safe) oils.

I can't stand seeing African American/ Black women getting ripped off!!! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER LADIES.

Prize View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 8:55am
I use MTG and the smell doesn't bother me. Many ladies mix it with Mega Tek (which smells like pina colada) to minimize the smell. MTG smells like sulfur to me.

It does promote hair growth! It has about 4 ingredients in it. I've been using it for about one month and I haven't suffered from any side effects and  I am still breathing LOL It's safe in my book!

I do plan on making my own sulfur mix in the future as yaya does so I can compare and contrast the difference.
dturns72 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 11:51am
^^ c/s
crazy810 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2010 at 12:08pm
Yes I just don't see how ppl could put that in their hair. They say it makes it grow but is this theory all in our minds?
Gods Child View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 10:42pm
I use Mega tek which is also for horses (lol).I also use Cowboy Magic and Survivor Detangler (also for horses). Speaking only for myself,  it is NOT theory but I can show you the proof that my hair is much thicker then it was and I have received excellent results!

Ever heard of Mane & Tail? Go into your local BSS and you will find a whole slew of products sold there.

I feel completely safe using the product
demilee27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 12:18am
i used the sulu max gro and it dosent smell bad too me. it did nothing for my hair growth so I bought me some MT and sulfur powder. I am getting some growth from that mix.
TheSweetLife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 5:32pm
I've been using MTG and it smells like bacon to me. If you read the labels of the products that were produced originally for horses, you will find that they are safe for human use. Between the search function here, google and youtube you'll definitely find some great information.

I blend my MTG with Aloe Vera Juice in a spray bottle and mist it onto my roots. I also mix the MTG with the MT, MN and JBCO.

If you are afraid to use the product I'd suggest you purchase something that suites your comfort zone.
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2010 at 12:21am
I really want to try M-T-G. I might ditch Mega-Tek for it.
MISS RICHMOND View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 5:46pm
Used MTG the smell never bothered me and i got great growth i used it mixed with some evo
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic