Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedMSM and Weight Loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
oatsnhoney View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2006 at 4:12pm
I don't feel as if I have lost a thang! 
Sponsored Links

talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2006 at 4:23pm

after a week I have been really hungry, no weight loss.  but, I work out and lift weights and ate a lot on Turkey day and beyond.  Trying to get back on track. 

too soon to tell on any growth.  HIGJAK ALERT....  I have been using it topically with my MTG and saw many skin products with MSM in the healthfood store (really pricey).  I will probably do a honey/MSM scrub mask...seems like the benefits of it are endless.

Edited by talkalotgirl - Dec 17 2006 at 4:24pm
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2006 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by talkalotgirl talkalotgirl wrote:

after a week I have been really hungry, no weight loss.  but, I work out and lift weights and ate a lot on Turkey day and beyond.  Trying to get back on track. 

too soon to tell on any growth.  HIGJAK ALERT....  I have been using it topically with my MTG and saw many skin products with MSM in the healthfood store (really pricey).  I will probably do a honey/MSM scrub mask...seems like the benefits of it are endless.

Woo at least I'm not alone. LOL
tdenmil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2006 at 6:32pm
I took it for the first time yesterday.  I took 2000mg in the morning and 2000 in the evening.  I also take Maxi-Hair supplement with 600mg MSM in it.  I went to bed about 10:30 and woke up starving at 5:45am.  By the time I got to work I felt really energized! I was hungry all day.  I eat, them I am hungry 30 minutes later. 

I got on the scale and it said I lost 3 lbs.  I dunno if it is because I have been to the bathroom like 10 times today or what. 

I am guessing this is normal from what I read so I am feeling pretty encouraged by my first day.
RealBlackBarbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2006 at 7:04pm
Yeah, I haven't lost a pound because I eat so much. Snack, breakfast, snack, lunch, desert, snack, dinner, desert, snack, snack.

Originally posted by Myriad Myriad wrote:

Woo at least I'm not alone. LOL
guffaw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2006 at 10:22am
As far as the taste is concerned I find it taste best in cranberry juice since you already expect it to be bitter. Also I don't add it to a whole glass of juice I just do a shot...its a lot easier to tolerate a temporary shot than a WHOLE glass of bitter juice...so try taking a shot and then washing it down with water or more juice. I dont experience an after taste of anything  BTW I take 3000mg per shot.
kjeneen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2006 at 10:22am

How much of the MSM powder do you add to your MTG???  I have heard of women using MSM topically, but didn't know how well it mixed with MTG.
Charmtreese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2006 at 12:18pm
I started taking MSM yesterday.  I use the powder and just added it to my UTH shake (I use OJ to make the shake), I notice a slight change in the taste (a little bitter) but It was tolerable.  I'm starting off with 3600mg (1teaspoon) plus 500mg that is already in my UNH Tablets for a total of 4100mg.  I will increase the MSM powder to 7200mg (2 teaspoons) in February! I'll keep ya'll posted with any side effects! LOL
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2006 at 9:35pm
Well at least my increase appetite is no more. I couldn't stand the hunger. LOL
kjeneen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2006 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Charmtreese Charmtreese wrote:

I started taking MSM yesterday.  I use the powder and just added it to my UTH shake (I use OJ to make the shake), I notice a slight change in the taste (a little bitter) but It was tolerable.  I'm starting off with 3600mg (1teaspoon) plus 500mg that is already in my UNH Tablets for a total of 4100mg.  I will increase the MSM powder to 7200mg (2 teaspoons) in February! I'll keep ya'll posted with any side effects! LOL

This is what I've found:

Safety of MSM

MSM is considered very safe. Toxicity is extremely rare: the lethal dose of MSM
in mice was found to be more than 20 grams per kilogram of body weight. No
toxic effects were shown in humans given up to one gram per kilogram of body
weight per day for 30 days. Few long-term studies have been done, but one
unpublished study found no side effects or measurable toxicity in volunteers
using MSM during a six month period.

Recommended Dosage

There is no standard recommendation, but some guidelines suggest between 500mg,
and five grams a day for maintenance purposes. Based on studies, the suggested
therapeutic dosage of MSM ranges from 2 grams to 10 grams a day.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic