Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ms. Jackson is Suing Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

She said that things had been great and that he became abusive and controlling towards her after he returned home from prison. I read that when he was in prison, he served his sentence in solitary confinement. After seeing a PBS documentary on how people respond to solitary confinement in jail, I can totally believe that he came out of prison as a totally different, more disturbed person. That documentary left me scared straight like nothing I have ever seen.

I never knew he was in solitary, but helll yeah that makes sense. I saw a doc on Netflix about that, and it makes a lot of sense. Scary sh*t.. but very interesting.

I met a man who is also a verryyy skilled fighter, and he was in prison for like 20 years, a lot of it was in ad-seg, and there is NO erasing what it's done to him.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 9:17pm
it's easy to twist the situation after the fact

not hard to believe that he'd be reluctant to pay more heavy child support

but I don't know the specifics of this situation ... first I'm hearing of it
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 9:19pm
I laughed when posters swore nelly claimed ashanti

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 9:19pm
Wait wasn't he in jail for beating up his ex? 
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 9:23pm

Boxer Mayweather enters jail for domestic violence term

June 01, 2012|Cynthia Johnston | 

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. was booked into a Las Vegas jail on Friday to serve a 90-day sentence for domestic violence against an ex-girlfriend, a term that was previously postponed so the welterweight fighter could compete in a bout.

Mayweather, a flamboyant athlete regarded as the best defensive boxer of his generation, was issued standard dark blue prison garb and slippers and will be kept apart from the jail's general population of more than 3,000 other inmates, Las Vegas police said.

The unbeaten Mayweather had the start of his jail term delayed in January so he could fight in a May 5 super welterweight bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, where he came through 12 bruising rounds to prevail over Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto.

After that contest, improving his professional record to 43-0, Mayweather discussed a possible fight with Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines, his rival for the mythical title of the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

Fans have been clamoring for a Mayweather-Pacquiao matchup despite such stumbling blocks as Mayweather's insistence that Pacquiao agree to blood testing and disagreement over how the revenue from the fight should be divided.

Mayweather's jail sentence stems from a guilty plea in December to a charge of felony battery and pleas of no contest to two counts of harassment linked to a 2010 attack on his ex-girlfriend, Josie Harris, and verbal threats against two of his children with her.

Mayweather was sentenced to six months for that outburst, but half the jail term was suspended.

The decision to delay his serving of the sentence, which was opposed by prosecutors, had been expected to benefit hotels and other businesses in Las Vegas. A major prize fight can generate $10 million to $15 million in non-gambling revenue.

During his time in the Clark County Detention Center, Mayweather will be confined to a cell consisting of a bed, toilet, sink and small desk, with a window to allow direct sunlight into the room, police said in a statement.

He will be allowed two books or magazines in his cell, and up to five religious books, and will be fed three meals a day, starting with breakfast at 4 a.m.

As a protective custody inmate, Mayweather will be kept in his cell while other inmates are on free-time, and will come out for free time for an hour a day while other inmates are on lockdown. During that time, he will have access to a recreation room, police said.

(Reporting by Cynthia Johnston; Editing by Steve Gorman and Lisa Shumaker)

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-01/sports/sns-rt-us-usa-mayweather-jailbre851021-20120601_1_mayweather-pacquiao-boxer-mayweather-josie-harris

Edited by bindy - Sep 06 2014 at 9:26pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 9:25pm
Okay so we can stop blaming solitairy......brotha was abusive before that.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 9:32pm
LOL I'm just saying it makes sense if he was different/even more violent when he got out... not that he was a saint before and a psychopath after
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 10:06pm
I just hate hearing women so quick to "question" other women when it comes to domestic violence....or assume it's about money. 

My dad was abusive to my mom and donated thousands of dollars to the domestic abuse center she went to on purpose. When she called the police I distinctly remember him talking with the officer and them laughing as if it was all a misunderstanding. When she called her mother she told her to stay for the house and for the kids. When she tried to leave with us he would find her. He always seemed to "find" us. He could make things disappear and he's not even a millionaire. We lived in a very large house, went on vacations often, had nice cars, etc and on the surface to stupid women who assume everything is about money  my mom "had a house" so she should not have any complaints. They didn't know, believe, or care that he was chocking her out, mentally and emotionally abusing her, etc.

A man with money and power is a terrible, horrible combo in situations like this. They can make things happen just because of their wealth and who they are connected to...and the simple fact that people are more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the image they intentionally portray. 

Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 10:18pm
Girl I am tearing up reading this.
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I just hate hearing women so quick to "question" other women when it comes to domestic violence....or assume it's about money. 

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">My dad was abusive to my mom and donated thousands of dollars to the domestic abuse center she went to on purpose. When she called the police I distinctly remember him talking with the officer and them laughing as if it was all a misunderstanding. When she called her mother she told her to stay for the house and for the kids. When she tried to leave with us he would find her. He always seemed to "find" us. He could make things disappear and he's not even a millionaire. We lived in a very large house, went on vacations often, had nice cars, etc and on the surface to stupid women who assume everything is about money  my mom "had a house" so she should not have any complaints. They didn't know, believe, or care that he was chocking her out, mentally and emotionally abusing her, etc.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
A man with money and power is a terrible, horrible combo in situations like this. They can make things happen just because of their wealth and who they are connected to...and the simple fact that people are more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the image they intentionally portray. 

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 10:30pm
^^^ Don't feel that way Hug. I didn't want to make is a mushy sad moment but I just wish people (especially women) had compassion for one another when it comes to things like this. 

People don't realize that a lot of women DO try to tell others about what's going on, but how would you feel if the man who is abusing you tells you "I'm not abusing you, you're making me do this , no one will believe what you say" and then you tell someone and they question you and assume you are lying and just want his money. You'd very quickly get to the point where you feel like telling someone is useless. Abuse apologists are part of the problem. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic