BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Moving to LA. Good Idea?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Gannon Gannon wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

What kind of skills do you have OP ? That will determine where you live. I don't think LA is good for anyone just starting out in Cali.

I disagree. You're better off just starting out in L.A then anywhere else. 

Seriously ? When is the last time you been to LA ?
Sponsored Links

Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:26pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Cali isn't the same as it used to be. Only so many places worth going to IMO. the town, Richmond, Oakland, and L.A. I guess if you're going to Oakland it's ok. If you're set on the L.A scene why not look into Vegas as a compromise.

what are you smoking? like seriously.

What'd I say?

But yeah really the only issue with L.A is not having a car. No matter where you are in Cali, you will notice a difference being from Chicago in the "on foot" culture though. It just doesn't feel like a state you want to be in relying on public transit even in the good cities for it.

From what you're saying, I'd honesty think you'd be better off in L.A County or check out Las Vegas. Nice opportunities in LV (quiet as kept) and L.A is not too far away so it's a nice compromise as I mentioned before. The Bay isn't one of those "find yourself" places. You'll either love it or hate it-- there is no middle.

no you won't...because San Francisco is a pedestrian city. you're actually better off without a car in a lot of instances. people don't really realize this unless they're familiar with sf...there's a bus, train, streetcar, etc to take you literally everywhere in the city, you don't even have to bother with bus schedules b/c of their frequency. there's a reason why SF is a transplant city. Most people here aren't even from SF.

Who said anything about the city? We're supposed to be helping her. 

LOL, it's all love Wonder. 

@Rumbera Recently. 

Edited by Gannon - Dec 27 2012 at 5:31pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:34pm
that's my point...How can you tell her Richmond when Richmond is a damn wastelandDead.  You said you need a car everywhere in Cali which is inaccurate if you live in San Francisco or Oakland.  I wouldn't expect her to be able to afford to live in SF but if she works in SF she will make the right amt of money to live in Oakland.  Commuting would be simple.  She said she's interested in Oakland or Sacramento now.
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:51pm
Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:58pm

that's my point...How can you tell her Richmond when Richmond is a damn wastelandDead.  You said you need a car everywhere in Cali which is inaccurate if you live in San Francisco or Oakland.  I wouldn't expect her to be able to afford to live in SF but if she works in SF she will make the right amt of money to live in Oakland.  Commuting would be simple.  She said she's interested in Oakland or Sacramento now.

I'd choose Richmond over almost any city in Cali. 

I've been on foot patrol all over Cali and didn't like it anywhere. The city is decent for it like you said but who's suggesting she live there? Lol, it seems like that's out of the question now anyway. Oakland on foot? Lol wow. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Maybe you and her being women factors into that. 

As far as being between Oakland and Sac it depends what you're trying to establish as far as living. I agree with Wonder that Sac is definitely naked compared to the town, but depending on the situation Sac can be a decent option.

Edited by Gannon - Dec 27 2012 at 6:02pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:02pm
not suggesting she live in SF but if she lives in Oakland she can go to school and work in SF which would make her life easier.  there's a ton of decent priced apts in north oakand and along lake merrit which are all close to BART and the AC transit lines that run into embarcadero. 

i am curious about why you like Richmond?  Richmond is probably my least favorite city in the bay area lol  
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

not necessarily true.. if you are pretty op many guys black, white and hispanic will hollerWink

mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Jr1127 Jr1127 wrote:

Question are you in school? Do you have a degree? If not I hope that you have a plan B cause LA is to expensive to lived. For the dating scene in LA especially for dark skin women good luck with that one. I'm to sum it up LA may not be you best choice find another city. 

lol
Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:22pm

not suggesting she live in SF but if she lives in Oakland she can go to school and work in SF which would make her life easier.  there's a ton of decent priced apts in north oakand and along lake merrit which are all close to BART and the AC transit lines that run into embarcadero. 

i am curious about why you like Richmond?  Richmond is probably my least favorite city in the bay area lol  

Decent experiences.

Edited by Gannon - Dec 27 2012 at 6:35pm
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by TayTay TayTay wrote:

Originally posted by Daleebra Daleebra wrote:

Hey, im 25 and a student in Chicago, IL. Im getting kind of bored with this industrial city and looking to relocate to where there's actually good weather. Anyone stay in LA and can give me some advice? How is the black community out there? Especially dark-skin black women, would love to hear what you have to say.

I won't have a car starting out and i'm looking into getting into a community college and working. How is the job situation? Are there more affordable neighborhoods in proximity to LA? 

Looking for any advice, I have to decide before the first of the year! Smile

Love.

Abort mission. LOL
Take  her advice. I moved from NYC to LA.....i just got my permit. Being out here without a car is not the way to go.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic