Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Moving to LA. Good Idea?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:54pm
  Cali isn't the same as it used to be. Only so many places worth going to IMO. the town, Richmond, and L.A. I guess if you're going to Oakland it's ok. If you're set on the L.A scene why not look into Vegas as a compromise?  

Edited by Gannon - Dec 27 2012 at 4:40pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Gannon Gannon wrote:

Cali isn't the same as it used to be. Only so many places worth going to IMO. the town, Richmond, Oakland, and L.A. I guess if you're going to Oakland it's ok. If you're set on the L.A scene why not look into Vegas as a compromise. 

what are you smoking?  like seriously.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:16pm
What kind of skills do you have OP ? That will determine where you live. I don't think LA is good for anyone just starting out in Cali.

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by JayeBaby JayeBaby wrote:

What about Orange County? It's a bit of a commute from LA but it's so much cleaner/prettier. I grew up there,didn't drive, and found OCTA to be a pretty efficient way to travel. OC has a reputation for being expensive but it really is comparable to LA. Actually, rent wise, I think it's better. I have friends who rent decent apts for around $1300 in desirable neighborhoods of OC. Most of our LA friends are paying at least $1900 if they are in a decent area. I have dark skin and have never found dating to be difficult out here. Lots of men, pretty beaches, great weather. Living in Orange County is pretty great all around.

gurlah, that is a mortgage out east Confused
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

What about Orange County? It's a bit of a commute from LA but it's so much cleaner/prettier. I grew up there,didn't drive, and found OCTA to be a pretty efficient way to travel. OC has a reputation for being expensive but it really is comparable to LA. Actually, rent wise, I think it's better. I have friends who rent decent apts for around $1300 in desirable neighborhoods of OC. Most of our LA friends are paying at least $1900 if they are in a decent area. I have dark skin and have never found dating to be difficult out here. Lots of men, pretty beaches, great weather. Living in Orange County is pretty great all around.

Gurl. That's a studio or a one bedroom in a dated building in south beach smfh
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

That can get you a small 2 bedroom in the valley. My friends that live closer to campus pay around $1500 for huge ass 2 and 3 bedrooms.

It can be a mortgage payment as well if you're buying a cheaper house.
Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Cali isn't the same as it used to be. Only so many places worth going to IMO. the town, Richmond, Oakland, and L.A. I guess if you're going to Oakland it's ok. If you're set on the L.A scene why not look into Vegas as a compromise. 

What'd I say?

But yeah really the only issue with L.A is not having a car. No matter where you are in Cali, you will notice a difference being from Chicago in the "on foot" culture though. It just doesn't feel like a state you want to be in relying on public transit even in the good cities for it. 

From what you're saying, I'd honesty think you'd be better off in L.A County or check out Las Vegas. Nice opportunities in LV (quiet as kept) and L.A is not too far away so it's a nice compromise as I mentioned before. The Bay isn't one of those "find yourself" places. You'll either love it or hate it-- there is no middle. 

Gannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

What kind of skills do you have OP ? That will determine where you live. I don't think LA is good for anyone just starting out in Cali.

I disagree. You're better off just starting out in L.A then anywhere else. 

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:06pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

What'd I say?

But yeah really the only issue with L.A is not having a car. No matter where you are in Cali, you will notice a difference being from Chicago in the "on foot" culture though. It just doesn't feel like a state you want to be in relying on public transit even in the good cities for it. 

From what you're saying, I'd honesty think you'd be better off in L.A County or check out Las Vegas. Nice opportunities in LV (quiet as kept) and L.A is not too far away so it's a nice compromise as I mentioned before. The Bay isn't one of those "find yourself" places. You'll either love it or hate it-- there is no middle. 

no you won't...because San Francisco is a pedestrian city.  you're actually better off without a car in a lot of instances.  people don't really realize this unless they're familiar with sf...there's a bus, train, streetcar, etc to take you literally everywhere in the city, you don't even have to bother with bus schedules b/c of their frequency.  there's a reason why SF is a transplant city.  Most people here aren't even from SF.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I disagree. You're better off just starting out in L.A then anywhere else. 

Seriously ? When is the last time you been to LA ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic