Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Moving To Houston what should I expect?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:16am
will you guys come and help me build my cob home?
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:18am
more about cob!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frkps9jmCVM
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:12am
Very true.  We drove through Atlanta last month on our way to NC and my goodness!  It was like fast moving lava.  On the way back we were stuck for a couple hours trying to get through the city.  It was just the traffic, no accident no nothing. No bueno!  My kids loved it though Confused
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Atlanta traffic in rush hour is hell. I'm sure Houston is the same.Cry
smartgirl88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartgirl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:09am
My family and I moved to Texas around 2006. I went to the alief school system (high school) and we lived in a very nice house in a gated community, it was five bedrooms and a huge backyard. at the time my parents were renting and for all of that they paid about 1800 a month. We moved from New York so it definitely took some time getting used to the difference in people. In general Houston runs at a slower pace, the people are somewhat friendly and of course its hot as hell (Humidity is a bitch) I also started college in Houston (University of Houston) the tuition is cheaper! and a good quality education.

As far as the party scene I really don't know because I only went out a handful of times while I lived there. Overall its a nice family oriented place, I hear that Austin is way better for singles. We lived in Houston for about three years and I think you'll like it. The food is awesome and so is the weather.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote smartgirl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:28am
btw... a handful of people rode horses to school on a daily bases
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:32am
I was considering Houston last year, the col was great, I was just looking for the right neighbourhood for me...but I cant take the heat

people say everything and everywhere is air conditioned but nah. im not nice when Im hot
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:34am
Yup humidity. Crazy weather changes. Rainy to sunny to rainy to cold.
MM heard the Southside is NOT where you want to be.
Or downtown, very busy.

Honestly surrounding towns are the best bet but you'll have to travel and account for traffic.

Lots of Mexicans, but a little more white people than further south Texas.

Mexican food and good soul food as well. Timmy Chans? is good I've heard...

Very good night life, idk what age you are but Toc Bar is for the very youngins if you get invited lol

I'm just going off of what I've heard and seen been a few times..

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:46am
humidity/rain

&

pretentiousness

LOL

I was born in the H. We left when I was very young & moved to a Dallas suburb.
I go every summer to visit family/friends.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartgirl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:53am
yes i agree with bribby...lots of mexicans....

i remember being cold as fukk when i got up for school like 6-7am then it started heating up around 10am...i actually used to see ppl wearing coats
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smartgirl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:02pm
youll also be shocked by the wards....these places are uninhabitable! I saw a baby dangling his feet outta a busted window..it was very disheartening to see places like this less than 2 blocks from a major metropolitan area. I hope things have changed since the last time i was there (2009)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic