Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Moving to Ghana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 3:38pm
ajax you have a very European attitude, we're (well not "we" as in me cos I have immigrant parents and was raised with that cultural etiquette) cold as hell, you should consider it...LOL
Sponsored Links

TheAwakenGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAwakenGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Where all have you lived?

Japan and texas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAwakenGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

ajax you have a very European attitude, we're (well not "we" as in me cos I have immigrant parents and was raised with that cultural etiquette) cold as hell, you should consider it...LOL

What do you mean European?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 5:31pm
Have you at least visited Ghana?

I wouldn't just up and move there for the heck of it. I spent several weeks traveling around Ghana and though I enjoyed the exposure to the people/culture ... geesh at about week two I was ready to leave. I am not putting down Ghana is case anyone is from there but nooo, I couldn't live there - and I think AAs really romantize life in Mother Africa. I have visited many countries and the life is hard all around.

Why?

- did I feel welcomed and warmed by there by the people ... not really, people are too busy struggling
- it is a very, very traditional culture .. everything is about family and honor - sorry but that would suffocate an individualist like myself. It really is 'frozen in time' in this manner. Like many African countries, they have traditions that have been passed down since .... forever.
- the poverty is massive,massive in West Africa - the only place worse is India
- the culture. As a 'Westerner' you will surely stick out like a sore thumb.
- you don't have and family/status there so as a man .. what family would want their daughter to marry you?
- yes, everyone wants to be your friend so that they can come home with you .. so sometimes it's hard to tell why this person or that person wants to get to know you because you feel like they want something.
- rice, beans, veggies and some meat with spices is the order of the day ... which gets old after a while
- they don't really have a 'Western' lifestyle  in terms of Grocery stores etc. They exists ... but are quite different in terms of the foods they stock
- for example .. there were hordes of men out by the creek everyday washing a ton of clothes in Accra - and the water was filthy
- but the worse is the poverty. Everyone walks around like it's nothing, I guess because they are used it but even if you have money you have to see how other people live ... which is very hard
- the areas I loved the best were out in the countryside like Kumasi where people basically lived on the land
- and how would you support yourself? I would think simular to moving to Europe, you must have your 'papers' in order to gain residency. That is a pain in any country.

Anyway, it was a great experience but as mentioned earlier, it is very hard for most Americans even live in Europe ... but to up sticks and move to Ghana ummm my hat's off to you as I know I could never adapt to the lifestyle.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jul 29 2013 at 5:53pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAwakenGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 5:48pm
Japan is a place I can live in comfortably.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by TheAwakenGod TheAwakenGod wrote:

Japan is a place I can live in comfortably.

Yes, but to me Japan is much more western than Ghana. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 5:58pm
Some of what Printer said is true and some of it is not the best description. If your a ride or die type of guy that can hustle and nothing irritates you then you'll be sure to survive. Its really not all that bad but for the simple fact that your just going there with no business plan, no family, no wealth in government.... you might as well stay here and eat your burgers and fries.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Some of what Printer said is true and some of it is not the best description. If your a ride or die type of guy that can hustle and nothing irritates you then you'll be sure to survive. Its really not all that bad but for the simple fact that your just going there with no business plan, no family, no wealth in government.... you might as well stay here and eat your burgers and fries.

IA...Some things are accurate...but some things are wayyy off...especially in terms of the ppl...but I wont get into all that. But if you have no business there, why are you going?  And you can forget that credit sh*tLOL...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAwakenGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 6:16pm
I don't eat burger and fries though. I'll just move back to Japan, seems reasonable if  I can't really fit in the motherland.

I just simply want to live in all black nation and see how that is.

Edited by TheAwakenGod - Jul 29 2013 at 6:16pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 6:22pm
I have a Naija friend the married a Japanese woman and packed up and left. He got alot of slack when he 1st got there because I think its Japanese culture to move in with the family and as a African man he was like no no! He loves it but said its ridiculously expensive to live. They are all about entrepreneurial spirits and loan money to anyone and everyone at the banks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>