FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

moving across the country...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I found a company that "shipped" my car for 1050. He arrived early and was great with communication...even let me put a ton of my stuff in the trunk.

I shipped a couple boxes of things UPS including clothes, shoes, books, trinkets, small decorative items I didn't want to part with.

Checked like 5-6 bags when I flew and wala magic.

I bought all my kitchen and furniture stuff from scratch pretty much. Wasn't worth paying for it to go across the country for me.

thanks for this. tons of good ideas.

do you remember the company that "shipped" your car?

express auto carriers, llc...i moved from ca to ga.  i think they're based in ga though.  it was a headache to find the right company for the right price...there are some sketchy ones out there.  i had to do a lot of review checking because I was getting calls from all types of people sounding real mom and pop.  have you ever tried to shop car insurance and then all of a sudden u get a million calls from diff auto insurers?  it was like that.

a lot of the websites that claim to ship cars are middle men...they're going to put your car, ship date, etc on a database and the actual trucking company will accept or decline how much you want to pay...if they accept the job you'll get contacted by them...i'd try to deal with the trucking company directly.

Thank you! ill check them out. I did a google search and it will cost $450 in gas to drive +food +hotel so i'm thinking $650 total to drive. Much cheaper than $1200 to ship my car. And I'll have enough space in my car to bring all my stuff with me.
Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

I moved from Cali to Maryland.

Shipped the car and got a one- way ticket here. ( when you ship the car they will only allow you to leave items in the trunk)

Found someone on craigslist that was moving to the east coast was able to put some of  my stuff on his uhaul and paid him a few hundred dollars.

Sold the other stuff.

It really depends on your budget and how much of your stuff you plan to bring with you. When I was looking into options I found driving with a uhual attachment would cost more.There are a few companies in which you can rent space on the truck tractor trailer and it will be shipped with other peoples stuff.

You can also ship stuff via amtrack- the shipping price is/was based on every 100 pounds of stuff.

ill be looking into this! thank you!
nappyhead23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nappyhead23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 7:02am
This thread is helpful. Im moving from Boston to Houston soon. I qm thinkonf about drivibg to save money. I dont mean to hijack the thread but has anyone ever moved somewhere without knowing anyone? How did you feel? Im kind of nervous lol
GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 7:55am
When I moved from down south to NJ; with the help of my father we only drove up w/ my "essentials". Once I moved into my apartment, I went ahead and bought furniture... A lot less hassle this way... Plus furniture stores will move it in for you :}

Edited by GoldieLocks - May 01 2013 at 7:55am
YoursTruly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoursTruly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 10:44am
When I moved to Texas from up north I had my furniture shipped (ground shipping of course) through Mayflower for about $1600. Then my mom and I drove my car loaded with everything else.  At the time, I had just bought new living room, kitchen, and bedroom furniture that I absolutely did not want to part with...LOL So I just had it shipped.

We got there only a day before the drivers did with all of my furninture so it wasn't too bad at all.
YoursTruly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoursTruly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by nappyhead23 nappyhead23 wrote:

This thread is helpful. Im moving from Boston to Houston soon. I qm thinkonf about drivibg to save money. I dont mean to hijack the thread but has anyone ever moved somewhere without knowing anyone? How did you feel? Im kind of nervous lol

Yup, I moved to Texas without knowing a soul...(well, my dad's cousin who I'd never met lived here but she was a stranger too so that still didn't count....I couldn't have picked her out of a line up LOL).

Anyhow, I made friends by just getting out there and going to festivals, meetup.com groups, the gym, etc....Just find random stuff that interests you and you'll meet people. I was sooo nervous, but excited about the new adventure....You'll be just fine. Big smile
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:44am
Moved from NYC to Cali... used 7 pieces of Luggage, a bookbag and carry on +my mommas as storage xD...It was easier than i thought because I had help from both ways.
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:45am
oh and I flew...I think it was like 25 bucks for 4 bags and 50 bucks after that for each  bag
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

I've been considering it. Sell most of my furniture, ship the rest, fly to my destination with my cat.

(if you don't mind me asking...) where to?

i think this is what I may do. 

i hate trying to sell things though.

Hi there, sorry for the late response!

I was considering a move from CA to Louisiana OR the DC area with a 1 BR apt full of stuff.  I had some furniture that I felt was going to be too expensive to move, so I've sold most of it.  If you do decide to sell, try to allow yourself some time so that you're not rushing at the last minute.  I wanted to sell my bed, but I ended up taking a loss on it (it was custom made) because I waited too long to try to sell it.

The method I've been considering for shipping the rest of my stuff when/if I move across country is using renting a couple of those cubes through Atlas Smart Move.  

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions :).

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

I moved from Cali to Maryland.

Shipped the car and got a one- way ticket here. ( when you ship the car they will only allow you to leave items in the trunk)

Found someone on craigslist that was moving to the east coast was able to put some of  my stuff on his uhaul and paid him a few hundred dollars.

Sold the other stuff.

It really depends on your budget and how much of your stuff you plan to bring with you. When I was looking into options I found driving with a uhual attachment would cost more.There are a few companies in which you can rent space on the truck tractor trailer and it will be shipped with other peoples stuff.

You can also ship stuff via amtrack- the shipping price is/was based on every 100 pounds of stuff.

I have also looked into this - the only thing about Amtrak is that you can't ship electronic stuff, so you'll need to ship it by other means.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic