BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

<- Moved: Fitness/Diet/Inspiration '13 for TTT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 518519520521522 529>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 30 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

I have a question.

I had a body analysis done last month.

It said I was made up of 125.01 pounds of muscle which is a little too much according to the graph. The rest of me is fat. I have now lost more fat than muscle but I have lost muscle also. My doctor told me not to focus so much on weight training but more on cardio.

So my question is, because I have a lot of muscle should I just focus on cardio? Or would it benefit me to still use weights? I want to lose fat and tone but how can I do that without using weights?

As I look at my info, I am over well over 100% in lean development in both arms and 93% in left leg and 94% in right leg

what am I to do with all of this? I know I need to lose fat obviously but I want to look more toned.. so is the key here just straight cardio and the rest will come?
you still need to work your muscles

because they still need to get worked to stay in shape

so what you could do, if its that much of a worry (and i dont think it should be, but he's the doc) is you can either increase reps, drop the weight, and decrease rest times.

alternatively you can do a full body routine twice a week, with cardio 4/5 days a week

however, as ive noticed (anecdotal of course) most people when they lose fat wish they stayed with the weights.. because weights generally prevent you from looking like a smaller you with out the 'tone'

but thats just me

one last thing, muscle uses up more calories than fat and increases your resting metabolism

the more muscle you have the quicker you lose weight

more muscle >> more fat is generally acceptable

Edited by afrokock - Dec 21 2013 at 12:29pm
Sponsored Links

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 2:59pm
I am learning a lot about my old eating habits since I decided to start a healthy life style. I thought I was doing something choosing clear Soda to drink I found out sprite has 64 grams of sugar that is stupid insane.I gave up soda about 6 weeks ago feeling good only drink water,green tea, and occasionally coffee now. I am so glad have started to try more fruits and vegetables. I just made a bomb salad mushrooms,cucumbers,tomatoes,spinach,egg, and chicken it was awesome.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 4:10pm
havent had a full can of coke etc in about 6 weeks,

before that it was about end of september

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 4:44pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 7:46pm
i usually ignore white women's struggle but damn:

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 7:15am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

I have a question.

I had a body analysis done last month.

It said I was made up of 125.01 pounds of muscle which is a little too much according to the graph. The rest of me is fat. I have now lost more fat than muscle but I have lost muscle also. My doctor told me not to focus so much on weight training but more on cardio.

So my question is, because I have a lot of muscle should I just focus on cardio? Or would it benefit me to still use weights? I want to lose fat and tone but how can I do that without using weights?

As I look at my info, I am over well over 100% in lean development in both arms and 93% in left leg and 94% in right leg

what am I to do with all of this? I know I need to lose fat obviously but I want to look more toned.. so is the key here just straight cardio and the rest will come?
you still need to work your muscles

because they still need to get worked to stay in shape

so what you could do, if its that much of a worry (and i dont think it should be, but he's the doc) is you can either increase reps, drop the weight, and decrease rest times.

alternatively you can do a full body routine twice a week, with cardio 4/5 days a week

however, as ive noticed (anecdotal of course) most people when they lose fat wish they stayed with the weights.. because weights generally prevent you from looking like a smaller you with out the 'tone'

but thats just me

one last thing, muscle uses up more calories than fat and increases your resting metabolism

the more muscle you have the quicker you lose weight

more muscle >> more fat is generally acceptable

Thanks!! I think I will stick with them but lower the weight a little bit and increase the reps.. I don't think it would hurt me and you're right. I still have to use them or I will lose some of it.
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 7:57am
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

Y'all my squat regimen is crazy.... My butt sits a lil higher now and I went from 48 inches to 49.5 inches in like 2 months.... 

I'm starting Atkins induction tomorrow (againLOL) to lose 14 lbs. by February 

share Embarrassed
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 8:32am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 8:49am
i cant remember who as asking about adding hip width

now whilst you cant grow hips, (purely dependant on pelvic girdle) you can create the illusion by working the outer quad sweep by doing dead lifts, front squats with a pronated stance as well as leg presses with a pronated stance

this engages the outer quad more
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 9:09am
afro is pronated closer together feet?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 518519520521522 529>