Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

<- Moved: Fitness/Diet/Inspiration '13 for TTT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 455456457458459 529>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 30 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 9:57pm
Good luck Femme! I've been hanging in there...talked myself right into a workout. Yay me....Turbo Fire 45
Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 8:22pm
Just did 5 rounds of the workout below...It was short, intense workout - 5 rounds was about 30 min
http://www.fitsugar.com/Intense-20-Minute-Workout-From-Bob-Harper-23286438

Run 200-meter sprint
Burpees 10
Run 200-meter sprint
Jumping lunges 60 seconds
Run 200-meter sprint
Push-ups 60 seconds
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 12:43am
One does not sit after a hamstring centred leg workout

Wouldn't mind trying that femme

Edited by afrokock - Aug 06 2013 at 12:45am
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:22am
This is a repost but I think it's the right section for it
I just stumbled upon this article and it truly shocked me. It's about an out of shape dude taking before and after photos in less than an hour by manipulating lighting and other factors. It makes him look like he's ripped! I'm providing the link because I know the pics won't show but the results were fascinating to me. There's no instant recipe for success. It's about years of consistent hard work when it comes to exercise.

Seduced by the Illusion: The Truth About Transformation Photos

There is no doubt that we live in a world of manipulation, false promises and exaggerated claims. This is especially true in the fitness industry. I've been a personal trainer for more than 11 years, and clients and friends are always telling me about the next amazing diet or exercise program. Like Insanity or P90X hold the secrets to fat loss.

The reasons these programs become so popular is because they are presented and marketed very well. These marketing campaigns use testimonials and before-and-after transformation photos. Before I claim it's all bullsh*t, I want to make it clear that there are definitely some very impressive, genuine physical transformations out there. What I do take issue with are the transformations that are manipulated with Photoshop, professional lighting, postures to degrade or enhance their look, pro tans, sucking in or pushing out a bloated belly or flexing muscles vs. not flexing to obtain an optimal look.

In my opinion, these photos are selling false or exaggerated promises of what 90 days, etc., of their program can achieve. Long-lasting results take years of consistency, hard work and dedication. Results that happen quickly are often temporary, and this is another factor that needs to be taken into account when looking at these transformations. Did the individual cut calories to starvation levels or cut out entire food groups to reach a very low body fat percentage for the photo shoot, only to rebound a few days or weeks later? This must be considered when setting your goals and expectations based on someone's program.

I decided to take my own transformation photos to see what was possible with just a few easy tweaks. About six months ago I was around 185 pounds and about 16 percent body fat. I was feeling particularly bloated on the day, so I asked my girlfriend to take a before shot. I then shaved my head, face and chest and prepared for the after shot, which was about an hour after I took the before shot. I did a few push ups and chin ups, tweaked my bedroom lighting, sucked in, tightened my abs and BOOM! We got our after shot.

2013-07-24-ADixonTransform1.jpg

As you can see, I'm no bodybuilder, but I had enough muscle on me to catch some shadows from the all-important overhead lighting.

Just a few weeks ago I took another series of photos in an attempt to be a little more deceptive. I wanted to show a series of progressions that look like a few months of hard work and dieting. I'm about 200 pounds and 19 percent body fat in this photo series. This took under an hour to produce.

2013-07-24-ADixonTransform2.jpg

What's my point? Don't try to look like anyone you see in a transformation photo. Be inspired, but don't be disappointed if you don't see yourself the way you see those models. Being tricked into eating low-calorie diets and doing endless cardio is a recipe for fat gain, especially in the long term.

Forget about the quick transformations and focus on a life of healthy eating, well-managed stress levels, quality sleep and plenty of movement. Spend time with people who have similar goals and values and take time to appreciate yourself the way you are right now. Don't beat yourself up if you eat a cookie, just enjoy that cookie and everything else life has to offer.

We all spend too much time sucking in our guts, trying to look the way we think society thinks we should. Don't waste any more energy trying to compete with everyone else.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:26am
Olympian Sanya Richards-Ross On Motivation, Determination And The Perfect Breakfast

She's on the August cover of Women's Running magazine -- her first solo magazine cover -- and her new reality TV show, "Glam and Gold," premieres on WeTV.

We caught up with the gold medalist and American record holder (in the women's 400 meter, with a time of 48.70 seconds) to talk motivation, determination and, of course, breakfast.

What was it like shooting your first cover?
It was amazing. Women's Running is amazing. Plus, I'm a woman that runs, so it was awesome to be on there and help inspire other women to the do the same. Running has brought me so much joy and happiness and of course success. Of course, I've had my failures and obstacles too, but those have helped shape my character. This is my first solo cover, so that's a big deal. It was an amazing opportunity.

In the Women's Running interview you discuss some of those obstacles, as well as the fact that you're always training. How do you keep going without burning out?
I set intermediary goals. I always have long-term goals, like starting to train for the Olympics, but I log training and enjoy getting closer and closer to my ultimate goal. I like to say I have a bad memory -- I quickly forget my successes and start to set new goals very quickly. I learned not to hold on to the good or the bad too long to keep pursuing the next goal.

Speaking of the Olympics, what are you hoping for in Rio?
London was amazing, it was my first time winning an individual gold, I got to accomplish a dream I had since I was 9 years old. I say it was running into my destiny. I really want to defend that title. I hope to get healthier -- I've been kind of sidelined by toe surgery -- but I have three more years to get ready and train really hard.

Did you have any favorite cross-training activities that you did while you've been recovering?
I ended up doing a lot of biking. It's okay... but I realized when I had to do other workouts that running is what I enjoy the most. I would just wish I could be on the track! I did a lot of pool work. And I did a lot of running on an AlterG treadmill.

What helped you stay motivated through that?
I've had my share of obstacles -- we all have. In 2007 I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and I wasn't sure I'd be able to continue running. In 2010 I pulled my quad. I have great faith and I believe everything happens for a reason. I stay very encouraged because I feel like my best is still yet to come. The benefit of obstacles is they give you additional motivation. I'm looking forward to giving it 110 percent in my training.

How does diet and nutrition factor into your training? We're crazy about breakfast here!
I am crazy about breakfast, too! I never miss breakfast. If I do I am the most grumpy person in the world. I have peppermint green tea, egg whites or something full eggs, then I have some fruit and either a bagel or pancakes for some carbs. If I don't have eggs I'll have oatmeal. For lunch, I'll have a grilled chicken salad or tuna sandwich on wheat bread. Especially when I'm training I'll supplement my meals with a protein shake. Then dinner is grilled salmon, a baked potato and vegetables. I'm a really boring eater. I don't try a lot of things. It's easy for me to stick to a healthy diet because I'm so picky.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 06 2013 at 4:28am
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 11:49am
Trying to get back on the wagon.... sigh
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 3:18pm
I've been exercising for 3 days straight. Going for a 4th session tonight
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 3:26pm
I can be hard when you have so far to go....Cry I am doing Taebo and some TurboFire. It's like Taebo but with music. I do need to get some weights soon. Any input? I welcome all tips.
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 9:57pm
Haven't logged in a minute. Had to slow down on my jogging b/c of torn meniscus. Been focusing more on strength training and I'm loving the results so far! Wish I would have incorporated it at the beginning of my weightloss journey. Now I strength train 3-4 days a week, one day with a personal trainer. It's amazing how they can push you beyond your limits.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 6:05am
Yay i finally got a somewhat steady schedule again so next week i plan on doing pole classes and then I'm gonna try a crossfit class to see which i like better
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 455456457458459 529>