BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

- Moved: Fitness/Diet/Inspiration 13 for TTT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 385386387388389 515>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 30 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 4:45am
I think I should make a post on protein shake use for beginners

You need the protein to prevent catabolism ie loss of lean body mass aka muscle

You don't want to lose muscle you want to lose fat and since its muscle that keeps you working and going you need to feed it so it stays at peak performance

Furthermore, a fully replenished muscle mass has a higher basal metabolic rate than one in catabolic state, meaning it keeps your metabolism high at rest.

So yes, you better drink that protein girl!
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 7:42am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I think I should make a post on protein shake use for beginners

You need the protein to prevent catabolism ie loss of lean body mass aka muscle

You don't want to lose muscle you want to lose fat and since its muscle that keeps you working and going you need to feed it so it stays at peak performance

Furthermore, a fully replenished muscle mass has a higher basal metabolic rate than one in catabolic state, meaning it keeps your metabolism high at rest.

So yes, you better drink that protein girl!
You should do that.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:12am
 Yea...What Afro saiid
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:35am
I drink a weight gainer shake
but I guess I should add in more protein
along with my vitamins I am adding in
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:58am
Over_all View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Over_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by AffirmativeBunny AffirmativeBunny wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

when i first decided to transition from power walking to running i kept stopping because i thought my body was telling me to stop.  months later while i was running and about to give up i asked myself what part of my body is really telling me to stop? im not in any physical pain, uncomfortable yes but not in any pain. it wasnt my legs, they kept moving regardless of whether i walked or ran. they really didnt care what i did.  it wasnt my lungs, sure breathing was harder but i could still breathe, my lungs werent going to collapse.  my heart was pumping and it wouldnt jump out of chest or explode. so basically nothing im doing is going to kill me.  i then realized it was my mind telling me stop.  it was my mind telling me i had enough, that im over doing it, that i'll hurt myself and that all this is unnecessary.  this the first time that i became aware that my mind tells me lies and tell them to me all the time.  so everyday i get up and struggle with this lie. every single time i hit the pavement there is a point were my mind tells me to just stop, youve had enough but the good thing about past experiences is that i know that i can finish. somedays im a champ and know that im telling myself lies but then there are days i give in to them but even on those days i secretly know that i tried and i'll try again tomorrow.

ClapClapClap Everything you said is so true Tatee!

I've been doing running intervals on the treadmill. First week I'd power walk for 1.30mins then run for 30secs then back to power walking. I'd do that 5 times and it wasn't easy coz I wasn't a runner.
Well now I'm on week four and I'm now power walking 1.30mins then running for 2mins and then back to power walking. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I'm overweight and have never been a runner all my life so seeing my progress just makes me so happy CrySmile. I was tired and my heart rate was so high but I told myself I wasn't going to stop until the whole circuit was done and I did it! I'm so proud of myself Big smile
I can only imagine how good I'll be when I get to week 12. I'm gonna be a runner! Big smile
This is the truth when I first started working out I would run full blast for 5 secs every 2 to 3 mins now I'm up to 15 secs everyother minute.. Even during my weights I always include cardio people always ask me questions about how I'm able to do soo much but it's only because I started and worked myself up while pushing my limit.. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:03am
wrong thread

Edited by AwesomeAries - Jun 05 2013 at 9:11am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:06am
not sure if safe Stern Smile
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:16am
Afro! PLEASSEE make that thread!

Tatee- I am going to start running.. your post was super uplifting!
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:39am
Protein shakes are useful for a lot of people. That whole low carb kick is going to leave a lot of people in the long term disappointed. Not all carbs are alike. There are good and bad ones. Just as there are different types of protein drinks. What might be right for one isn't right for another. It really depends on your situation and your goals.

For me it is losing fat and gaining muscle but I am also lactose intolerant. That means I stick to soy protein shakes that do not have sugar.

Afro, that is a good idea for a thread. Especally with the popularity of this thread and many others (lurks!) wanting to get in shape for the summer.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/
Lots of sample packs of different protein shakes and flavors. I got tired of chocolate and vanilla.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 385386387388389 515>
  Share Topic