Perfect Hair Collection

Mountain Dew as brain fuel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mountain Dew as brain fuel
    Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:42pm
who knew?

School Agrees to Stop Pumping Kids Full Of Mountain Dew Before Tests

Jay Hathaway

A Florida elementary school has agreed to stop its longstanding policy of giving kids Mountain Dew as brain fuel before the state's most important standardized test.

For the past 10 years, Creel Elementary, in Melbourne, Fla., has given kids trail mix and "about 3 tablespoons" of the caffeine-rich bright green soda before they take the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test, Florida Today reports.

FCAT results factor into teacher evaluations and school funding decisions, and the school decided to start doing the Dew after the principal read about its effects in an educational journal a decade ago.

Florida state law bans schools from selling soda.

"We've advised Creel Elementary to only provide water as a beverage," said a Brevard Schools spokesperson.

Principal Kathryn Eward said that the soda was part of an overall regimen of FCAT preparation, including advising students to get good night's sleep, wear comfortable clothes and eat a healthy breakfast. Students at Creel also get less homework during the week of the test.

For what it's worth—probably not much, considering how many factors go into test performance—a quick check of FCAT results from the past few years shows Creel tracking close to the district mean.

http://gawker.com/school-agrees-to-stop-pumping-kids-full-of-mountain-dew-1567173577

Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:46pm
Id be pissed.....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:56pm
She read about the effects of Mountain Dew in an educational journal? I'd love to see this article. to see what it concluded.

They use to tell us to bring snacks and drinks in our bags. I guess that is old school.LOL

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

She read about the effects of Mountain Dew in an educational journal? I'd love to see this article. to see what it concluded.

They use to tell us to bring snacks and drinks in our bags. I guess that is old school.LOL

My high school had vending machines and the first 2 rows (all machines) were nothing but flaming hots......we won a contest and the radio station threw us a concert.....they talk about are vending machines so bad on the radio the next dayLOLLOLLOL
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:00pm
wtf a Brotha gonna do with 3 table spoons ?
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:01pm
^Schools know what they are doing! They are preparing us for the real world.LOL

If they had coffee in the vending machines in HS guuuurl.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:02pm
Oh Florida
shellbee823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shellbee823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:16pm
I see nothing wrong with this....
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by shellbee823 shellbee823 wrote:

I see nothing wrong with this....
you dont?

Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 5:03pm
I used to manage a dentist's office and there is a term in dentistry that everybody uses..."Mountain Dew Mouth". It's just as bad as Meth Mouth. After having seen so many young people needing to get dentures behind that mess, I won't so much as take a sip. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic