Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Mothers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:45pm
I could understand it if you have zero control over your child and you know that when they find out they are going to torture you buy calling you by your first name all the time. It would be best not to tell them if they are going to bully you.
Sponsored Links

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:47pm

never..heard..of..this.

What exactly is the concern?

Knowing your parent's names and calling them by their names is entirely two different things.

Just because the child knows it doesn't mean they will use it when speaking to the parent.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:49pm
Immediately. As soon as they're able to start remembering things of that nature. It's in the same category as home address and home phone number, hell now-a-days, cell phone.

Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yeah some people don't even know their mother or father's real name because they never knew them

Lol this is funny...
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Dapheny Dapheny wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yeah some people don't even know their mother or father's real name because they never knew them

Lol this is funny...
what country is ur family from?  Does the rest of family members agree with ur mom?
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:59pm
Thanks for the answers I think some of you are right when you say that she doesnt want my sis calling her by her first name......
She finally learned her name today though.....my mom was shocked lol
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

never..heard..of..this.

What exactly is the concern?

Knowing your parent's names and calling them by their names is entirely two different things.

Just because the child knows it doesn't mean they will use it when speaking to the parent.

I guess she meant her using it.....
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 10:33pm
My mom was born in bahamas but raised in haiti for a little while. When my cousin calls her m om by her name grandma says to not call adults by their names... I call my aunt by her name and she didn't really like that...she prefers "aunt"
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 10:36pm
When I first started talking, I called my parents by their first names. I was the first born.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:34am
I even knew my neighbors' first and last name by the time I was 2. 
But I also started talking by 7 months. 
I'm always surprised to see children 2+ and still baby talking. I didn't have much baby talk at all. 
I was having real conversations, knew how to spell my name and address, parents' names before I attended school at 3 yrs and 9 months old. 
One time my driver forgot to pick me up, and I was at school very late. The sun was setting and I knew he must have forgotten so I went to the principal's office and asked her to look up someone in the directory for me. LOL
It was my neighbor. Knew her first and last name, and her address. Principal rang her up, she went over to my auntie and let her know that I was stuck at school. Auntie came 30 mins later and took me home. by the time I got home, my sister told me mom left to go get me after she saw the sun setting and I've not come home. Driver was fired. Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic