Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mothers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mothers
    Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:10pm
At what age do you think it's appropriate for your child to know your name?
I ask because my mom won't allow me to tell my two year old sister her name yet. Have you ever heard of this?
Thoughts please.
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:12pm
Do you mean to call her by her first name or to just know her name??

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:12pm
When they start talking. Just let her know she has to call her mommy. Never heard of this. She'll end up going to daycare not knowing her mama's name. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:12pm
i like your topics but you should make your titles more descriptive so more people will enter. 

and i've never heard of that.  i think you're supposed to tell your toddlers your full name, anyone else in the family they need to know and address in case anything happens to them.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:13pm
Hey little girl what's your mommy's name? Little girl responds mommy is her name.Disapprove
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:13pm
as soon as the can walk and talk. if you child gets lost in a store, they need to know your name. 
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:13pm
i think as soon as your child can talk they should know your first name.

have you ever had to deal w/ a lost child-- and you ask them their mothers name to try and help you find their parent.. and all they can tell you is Mommy?
not very helpful at all.
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:14pm
My daughter hears my husband say my name and she's 4 so she picked it up a few months ago. A few times she's called  me by my first name or called me auntie cause my nephew hangs out at our place a lot. It stings a bit, but I just simple don't answer her until she calls me mommy. She has only slipped up twice since then lol!
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

i think as soon as your child can talk they should know your first name.

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:15pm
As soon as their old enough to remember their address and phone number...If ur child is missing her saying momma aint gonna help.  I knew my moms real name young as hell but calling her by her name and knowing it is two different things.  I dont understand why knowing it would be forbidden. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>