Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mothers who bring their children..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I can curse like a sailor but have no desire to do that around kids

now I can see how it could be annoying if someone brought a kid to an adult only outing, meaning we all knew it was no kids and they brought their kid anyway

this too.

Like i've stated. I cuss ...I luv to cuss *shrugs* but I do have some decurum.  (yes decurum)

Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:40am

oh and as long as it doesn't get heated

nothing wrong with talking about taxes and politics around kids lol
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:43am
LOL.  that is a subject guaranteed to get most kids to leave the room....so y'all can talk about teabagging. Big smile
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:46am

lol
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:57am
When I was growing up I was not allowed to be around the elders when they had company because the conversation was not meant for my ears and kids repeat things its just not what I do.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 6:00am
I don't know anyone who brings their children to adult functions...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

When I was growing up I was not allowed to be around the elders when they had company because the conversation was not meant for my ears and kids repeat things its just not what I do.

I can't front...when my mom had me.  She took me to bars, juke joint's n'sh*t.  I remember being small enough that I couldn't see the top of the table...only under it.   Some older dude with a short afro, a beard and a cigarette that would dangle ever so dangerously off his lips that bobbed up and down when he spoke.  Kinda like that Chapelle character.  Antyways...he gave me the beer in the silver can with the blue bull on it.  I thought it was soda.  I remember sitting on folks laps while they were playing domino's or some sort of card game.   I honestly thought it was fun tho I have recollection of what they spoke on.  I actually enjoyed being there.  I was the only child there so I didn't have anyone to play with.

The same when my gramma had card parties.  They played the blues, laughed loudly and spoiled me rotten.  Luved it. They did kick me out tho if they got rowdy.

those memories are in my top 5.

Edited by newdiva1 - Dec 09 2013 at 8:31am
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

The OP asked about adult functions...not a family going out to dinner.

A dinner party that was specified adult only and will probably end after your child's bedtime? Not an appropriate time to bring your child.

An outing where a group of adults are going zip lining at an adult course or doing a strenuous hike? Not a time to bring your kid.

Ladies' mimosa brunch? No.

Only bad parents put their wants (ie hanging with friends) before their children's needs (age/development appropriate activities).

You are obviously young and making many assumptions about parenting.  A parent having a child engage in certain activities does always mean they are putting their wants above the child's.  We often take my daughter to nice restaurants( Many of which will not seat before 8)  Does she miss her bedtime?  Yes.  But she gets a fine dining experience and as a result is an adventurous eater who  can comfortably order food in two languages and has pretty good table manners . 

Don't assume that someone's brought the kid just because the can't get a babysitter.

Funny, you don't seem to comprehend what I wrote. I listed specific examples of adult functions that are inappropriate for kids. It's rude and disrespectful to the host and other guests to come to the event with your child just because you want to. And it's nice of me to assume they brought the kid bc they didn't have a babysitter, otherwise I'd have to assume they were just being a dick and ignoring the requests of the host and the needs of their child because they're selfish.

Bribby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 11:40am
Was it explicitly said no children?
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 11:52am
I'm not really sure why folks are bringing up conversations that should/shouldn't take place at an ADULT function. It shouldn't be hard to understand that it is in poor taste to bring children to an adult gathering.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>