Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Mothers, be kinder to yourselves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 4.43  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 10:02am
My daughter was the last straw for me going natural..LOL

I didn't want to relax her hair, so I thought "hmmm, I should lead by example."
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:00pm
Yea, some mothers can cause damag.

Calamine lotion huh makes sense it dries matte and protect the skin at the same time.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:04pm
Great Article
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:06pm
She puts lime under her eyes, though? Wouldn't that sting like hell?
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 12:07pm
My mom was terrible as her mom and so on and so forth. She did a number on my sisters but I was fortunate to have a father that constantly told me that I was the most beautiful girl in the world. My dad's words affected me much more than my mom's which is a good thing.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 1:14pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 1:29pm
My mother was such a selfish hate filled person and I learned from her.
Through Christ I've found a new person within myself.
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 3:21pm
My mom did the best she knew how, I guess. I tell my daughter how beautiful she is and I tell my mom how beautiful she is too. I would love to help my mom's self esteem go up.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 4:52pm
I was fortunate enough to have a mother that didn't express any color issues to me even though I was darker than her I always felt beautiful.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 5:16pm
My mom always looked young, but she liked to wear wigs a lot which I hated. i think my older sister taught me more about loving myself than my mom. She always told me how pretty my hair was and did my hair for me. I watched my sister do her own makeup and she would let me play with her stuff sometimes and I would copy her. It was back in the day when she would outline her lips with eyeliner and put a fake mole on with eyeliner.

I don't think my mom loved herself. It was more in her actions. She did a lot to destroy herself and she never let someone completely love her because she was too busy starting a fight. She was married about 4 times and she wrecked every marriage. She did teach me compassion, too much compassion. My dad says I get that from her where i would give someone the clothes off of my back and even if it interrupts my own life. I guess that's inner beauty.

I will always tell my daughter how beautiful she is. I love her hair, skin, her face...she's gonna be so gorgeous when she is older.

Edited by indiecat - Apr 15 2014 at 5:21pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12