Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mother turned away when asking for help, sons die
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Mother turned away when asking for help, sons die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 5:34pm
Your house floods and you move to higher level.
It looks like the houses are elevated already anyway.
You don't try to drive to Brooklyn (she'd have to go over a bridge or through a tunnel I believe) in flooded streets.
Sponsored Links

solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 5:57pm
i dont understand why ppl choose to ride it out especially after Katrina
if her job told her to stay then she wouldve been at the hospital already..at least thats how it is here. you go in before the storm hits land then youre released after its moved on so i doubt she stayed bcs of her job.
i think her and the husband are separated or maybe he was stuck at work during the storm..
that guy will feel like sh*t if he has a heart but honestly i cant say he did anything others wouldnt do..
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:02pm
she panicked, she needed help

the man didnt know any backstory 

that was no excuse to leave people to their deaths ... 
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

This is a sad situation, and I'm not sure I could handle it.

I think it's funny though that people are not willing to prejudge the woman for putting her children in harms way, but people are willing to judge the man's actions during such a tragic time. They both obviously made split second decisions at a time when their fears were most heightened. I don't think people should be willing to judge the choice he made so much harsher than hers, when they both put those babies in that situation, and she was the only one with a duty to protect them. I'm not saying I blame her, but I don't see how someone can blame him either.

I agree 100%. I think like in the story on page 2, she went to get help after the kids were swept away. It was raining like crazy and he could have honestly thought she was a man and didn't see the kids at all. Then she was freaking out and threw something at his door and he damn well wasn't gonna open it and help then.

It's a sad situation, God rest their souls.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

I don't understand the criticism because if your house is getting flooded, are you really going to stay there?!

No, so what else do you do? You leave.

She stayed at home( and other people did too in that city apparently, so why are they not criticizing them too) probably due to work obligations( nurses can't just evacuate) and the house got flooded so she had to leave.

The only thing I wanna know is where was her husband?

the shoulda would coulda game is pointless IMO, but if you wanna know what I would have done.

1. my kids would have not been in SI an area that was warned to evacuate way before the hurricane. me having to work or not. i would have had them w/ the family in bk from days ago.

2. i would have gone to another level of my home.. higher that is.

3. if i had no choice but to leave my house-- i would have sought help from my neighbors ppl who possibly knew of me and my kids... or at least saw us once before.

4. i wouldn't have gotten in my car in the middle of a hurricane and tried to make it from one borough to the next. the hurricane's been over for 4 days- and making it from borough to borough is damn near impossible-- i can't imagine thinking i could make that trip in the middle of the streets being flooded-- crazy windshield factors w/ trees flying around.

i dont think anyone is saying-- that they dont feel sorry for her... she lost her babies.
ppl are just saying-- other options should have been explored.
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:07pm
I dont need a back story, to open my door to 2 kids and a woman, to bring them to safety. I'd be far too worried about getting them out of harms way. I'll catch the back story while you're walking in and drying the fucc off, and pray hard that its not a set up.

Edited by Qualified - Nov 02 2012 at 7:37pm
breezin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:20pm
That is soooo sad.  I do not understand why people don't leave when they hear over and over that it's gonna be bad.  I just don't get that! 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:36pm
All I know is this asshole will NOT be haunted by his selfishness for the rest of his life, judging from that interview. That is wishful thinking. At worst, he might feel a bit embarassed that his face made the news, but that's about it. I don't believe for a minute that he thought that was a man at the door, he's lying through his teeth. And I have a feeling that if he had a 5'3 white woman crying white woman tears at his door, he would have not been so unwilling to let her in.

That being said, the woman did exercise poor judgement. I don't know if she was raised in Jamaica, but if she was, you'd think she would know not to try and drive through a hurricane. But when it's all said and done, she found herself along with her babies in a life and death situation and all he had to do was open the damn door! Instead he leans against it to make sure they stay outside and die out there. I hope he finds himself in a similar situation one day and that he's left out there to rot.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:39pm
hindsight is 20/20

and it isn't fair
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:44pm
here everyone gets super nice during hurricane times. the last "major" hurricane we had people were offering others water and stuff. maybe its because we know one another.

that sucks really. couldn't she try to get like on the bed or something?
everything about this situation really sucks. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
  Share Topic