Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mother Kills Teenage Children Then Kills Herself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Mother Kills Teenage Children Then Kills Herself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

I just don't understand why she didn't just take herself out. Why take the kids with you?

RIP

probably to make the father suffer...unfortunately
Sponsored Links

LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:31pm
Heartbreaking. What a sorry excuse of a father. I understand you may be mad at your exwife, but to not buy your kids toilet paper and food? SMH...and BHM is always touting marriage...smh.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:32pm
More info on this story from another website:

Kaufman, who has known Mr Berman for 40 years, added: 'The truth will come out after the funerals and the portrayal of Mr Berman in some of the media will be found to be false. The things that people are saying about him are not true.'

Court papers obtained by MailOnline reveal that Mrs Berman had claimed her husband had left her virtually destitute during their divorce, which was finalized in December.

She had claimed she was forced to sell her father's watch and other possessions just to buy groceries.

The court papers claimed Mr Berman would buy household goods, such as toilet paper, which he would use and then lock away to stop his wife and children from using.

The papers said 'In fact, he has refused to pay for toilet paper, buy food and supplies for himself and keeps them where the wife and children cannot access them.'

Mrs Berman also claimed that while her husband lived in the marital home he bought household items for himself but he would lock them away to stop others from using them.

Last year, Mrs Berman had petitioned a judge to remove her husband from the home because of 'emotional abuse'.

The family had previously lived at another home in the historic and exclusive El Cid neighborhood which sold for $1.2million in 2010.

Friends said the couple were hit hard when the housing bubble burst in Florida and their incomes had plummeted.

In a financial affadavit Mr Berman listed his monthly expenses as $4,700 a month but an income of $2,888.

As part of the divorce Mrs Berman, who was a licensed realtor, had sought temporary payments from her husband to pay day to day bills as well as keep up payments on a lease car. And he agreed.

Her lawyer Maya Cain had told the divorce court at Palm Beach County Court that Mrs Berman did not have any means of finance and was struggling to survive while bringing up her two teens who attended the prestigious Dreyfoos School of Arts.

She claimed Mr Berman was making money on commission as a realtor while his wife needed money to 'live and work.'

"When the divorce was finalized in December Mr Berman agreed to allow his ex to have the marital home.

The five bedroom home was in the process of being sold for $590,000 - but court records show there were two mortgages on the home totaling almost $700,000.

Court documents filed last year as part of the divorce graphically spelled out the dire financial circumstances of Mrs Berman.

They revealed she had monthly spending of $4,500 but with no income. She listed her total debts as $641,000.

Some friends of Mrs Berman had claimed it was the pressure of having no money that could have driven her over the edge to take her children's lives.

A cousin, who did not want to be identified, said Mrs Berman had talked before about taking her life.

'She had convinced herself that she was not going to be in a position to manage to take care of the family, that there were going to be tough times, and she really wasn't strong enough to deal with the difficulties in life.

'There was no intent to revenge.She believed what she was doing was the right thing because she thought there really was no future, which is crazy.'

Richard Berman (second right) with his son Alexander and daughter Jacqueline along with two other adults. In a financial affadavit Mr Berman listed his monthly expenses as $4,700 a month but an income of $2,888

Despite the financial loss and depression other neighbors said Mrs Berman appeared to have turned a corner following the divorce and was preparing to move to a condo with her children.

Neighbor Ali Amir said: 'She said she was ready to go into a new world.'

But another neighbor said he suspected something was wrong with Mrs Berman when he saw her over the weekend.

'I looked into her eyes and she just had this weird look," said 69-year-old Marian Sklodowski.

'She had tried to sell me her house for a knockdown price because she wanted the money quick. I knew her very well, and I had never seen this look on her face.

'She was just off. There was nothing there behind the eyes. I told my wife, but she said I should not get involved.

'I just wish I had said something now because we have this awful tragedy.'

Mrs Sklodowski said she was also friends with Mr Berman.

'They were a nice couple. Everyone knew the were going through a divorce, but he was always there for the children. He was a good father.'

As part of the divorce the couple were too share custody of the teens. Mr Berman had agreed to pay $600 a month in child support and to continue to pay for their health care.

Mr Kaufman, speaking on behalf of Mr Berman, said he had a 'fantastic relationship' with the two children.

Edited by ModelessDiva - Jan 15 2014 at 9:33pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:48pm
The pig wouldn't even buy food or toilet paper for his children???
Hid his food so they couldn't find it??

He should be shamed out of society.
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:56pm
They all have that same nose...sad story
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:00pm
I don't listen to one sided stories. RIP to all those who lost their lives. Why didn't she just move out of her lush house? And EFF those divorce lawyers, they aren't worth ish. The mother knew that she could have sought help, but being a mother at times makes you feel like you are super woman. That you have to do everything your self. That father was trife but the woman and issues too.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:01pm
she def had plenty issues.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:09pm

She wasn't innocent. There were side-eyes on her behalf as well.

Feeling the need to kill you and your children definitely means you have issues.

She was wrong and so was the father.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:48pm
Well now he is not obligated to pay anymore alimony or child support........he can now live freely as a playboy.......
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 11:27pm
She was selfish and a b!tch. Those kids had a future. Those kids probably WANTED to live and she killed them because she didn't want to let her ex be with the kids.
The dad was paying child support, he was paying the lease on her car, he was helping, but the b!tch was probably used to more and was mad that she couldn't have more.
I feel sorry for the father for finding his children dead.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic