Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mother Kicked Out of Subsidized Housing Because of
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Mother Kicked Out of Subsidized Housing Because of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mother Kicked Out of Subsidized Housing Because of
    Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:24am
Not my words, taken from another forum. Do you agree with below? Story is further below

Chicago Mother Kicked Out of Subsidized Housing Because of Son's Rap Video
Obvious gang activity, drug use and possession being depicted in the video, not to mention the gun displayed and references to gun violence. (Remember Newton?) Would anyone want this sort of behavior going on next door to them? The building owners and managers have a duty and responsibility for the safety and security of the other tenants in the building and neighborhood. Condoning this behavior just enables it. I think Ms. Funchess should be alarmed that her son is part of this gang (as well as the jacked up hair).
Gang activity is reason enough to expel these people from their free housing. 

How stupid can you be? You are given lifetime free housing at the expense of honest hard-working taxpayers. All you have to do is follow a few simple rules, and you can even pass on your free housing to your kids when they're grown up. There is a reason these people remain mired in poverty generation after generation, despite everything the government does to try to lift them out of poverty.

i see nothing wrong with what the building management did. 

If anything, she should be evicted for the ridiculous hair. 

And I'll take a bet that the limosine liberal lawyer representing her would not want her to be her neighbor either.

Apartment management wants to evict woman because son is in rap video

BY MARY MITCHELL marym@suntimes.com December 26, 2012 2:00PM

Talitha Funchess at her South Side apartment Wednesday, December 26, 2012. | John H. White~Sun-Time

Updated: December 27, 2012 2:18AM

Talitha Funchess, 43, is being evicted from her subsidized apartment in the South Loop because her 20-year-old son appeared in a rap video.

Actually, he appeared in a very bad rap video.

Funchess has lived in the 2100 block of South Michigan building since 2009.

Last month she received a “Notice of Termination of Tenancy” from Metroplex Inc., notifying her that the lease was being terminated because her son, Kenneth Coffie, “appeared in a posted video using profanity, degrading language and flashing gang signs on the project grounds, in violation of Paragraphs 8 and 9” of the lease.

According to Paragraph 8 of Funchess’ lease: “Neither Tenant or any of Tenant’s guests shall perform or permit any practice that may damage the reputation of or otherwise be injurious to the Building or neighborhood, or be disturbing to other tenants, or be illegal.”

Paragraph 9 of the lease defines “unlawful” behavior as, including but not limited to the “possession, use or sale of illegal drugs, and disturbances or acts of violence.”

Edited by zsazsa - Dec 27 2012 at 11:25am
Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:27am
Its in the lease agreement.

Unfortunate situation, but I'm sure she'll find another place to live.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:29am
I think t's harsh. Evict the son not the woman. 

Here is the story and picture of the woman. 

http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchell/17161421-452/apartment-management-wants-to-evict-woman-because-son-is-in-rap-video.html
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:29am
i think the issue is that the rap video was  filmed on the grounds of the building without building managements consent...not the rap video itself.
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:29am
welp, i don't feel sorry for her one bit. she chose to risk her place of residence by coddling her dumb ass son.

Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:29am
Quote There is a reason these people remain mired in poverty generation after generation, despite everything the government does to try to lift them out of poverty.

no, but they really can't be mad tho.

Edited by Eden. - Dec 27 2012 at 11:29am
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:29am
Wow, those comments are harsh.

Idk if they deserved to be evicted but I wouldn't want that guy in my neighborhood either.

Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:31am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:32am
i was stuck on "free housing"...oh well LOL
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i think the issue is that the rap video was  filmed on the grounds of the building without building managements consent...not the rap video itself.

all this is true she violated the lease she don't get a pass, no matter what anybody else thinks its a legal binding contact, the end.. they are probably sick of this mentality on their property.. and then you did it without their permission, its their house you have to follow their rules. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic