Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
wj0147 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moroccan oil on natural hair
    Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 12:58pm

Hey everyone heres my review of the Moroccan oil on Natural hair. First of all, let me tell you it is not cheap! If I didnít work in a salon I would have never gotten it. The only reason why I tried it is because I have a 50% discountTongue

I got the original Moroccan oil and the Intense Hydrating Mask. I tried the treatment first and WOWStern%20Smile...It made my hair sooo soft as soon as it touched it. It was crazy!! I only left it in for 10 minutes and my hair was immensely moisturized. When I applied the oil after I rinsed it out, I didnít notice anything out of the ordinary so I was a bit disappointed. The next day, I did tiny little box braids (with my natural hair, kind of like KinkyKurlyQueen on YouTube). For the next 5 days I applied a bit (1 drop is enough!!!) of the Moroccan oil on the ends day and night.

After a week there was a HUGE difference with my hair. My hair is soo soft now. Today, I added a bit of the Eco Styler Gel to define my curls and my hair feels incredibly moisturized, it doesnt feel like theres gel on my hair at all! My hair is defined AND soft (not crunchy)Shocked.

I find it better than the Biosilk. I got the smaller bottle of the oil so once I finish it I will probably get the bigger one and try to do a hot oil treatment with it.

HTH

Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 1:15pm
Thanks for the review !! This is on my list of future purchases.
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 1:17pm
i was looking at it on amazon...i was really interested and not much feedback on youtube on the product
Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 3:35pm
i want to buy it
this goes on my wish list

OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by wj0147 wj0147 wrote:

Hey everyone heres my review of the Moroccan oil on Natural hair. First of all, let me tell you it is not cheap! If I didnít work in a salon I would have never gotten it. The only reason why I tried it is because I have a 50% discountTongue

I got the original Moroccan oil and the Intense Hydrating Mask. I tried the treatment first and WOWStern%20Smile...It made my hair sooo soft as soon as it touched it. It was crazy!! I only left it in for 10 minutes and my hair was immensely moisturized. When I applied the oil after I rinsed it out, I didnít notice anything out of the ordinary so I was a bit disappointed. The next day, I did tiny little box braids (with my natural hair, kind of like KinkyKurlyQueen on YouTube). For the next 5 days I applied a bit (1 drop is enough!!!) of the Moroccan oil on the ends day and night.

After a week there was a HUGE difference with my hair. My hair is soo soft now. Today, I added a bit of the Eco Styler Gel to define my curls and my hair feels incredibly moisturized, it doesnt feel like theres gel on my hair at all! My hair is defined AND soft (not crunchy)Shocked.

I find it better than the Biosilk. I got the smaller bottle of the oil so once I finish it I will probably get the bigger one and try to do a hot oil treatment with it.

HTH

I was worried about getting "morrocan oil" because I've read that there are cones in some of the brands. I got pure argan oil, which is what morrocan oil is comprised of. 100mL for $30, you're right it's not cheap!

Which brand did you get and are there cones in yours?

wj0147 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 7:59pm
No problem rumebra!
OMJ, I got the original one. It looks like this.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by wj0147 wj0147 wrote:

No problem rumebra!
OMJ, I got the original one. It looks like this.

Thanks! So far I've sealed my dd's ends with it. I plan to use it on my skin as well as infusing it with some amla!   I need to experiment with it more.

Edited by OnMyJourney - Sep 21 2009 at 8:12pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 8:11pm
wj0147,
Do you still use shampoos/low poos? Folica lists the ingredients and says that there are cones in it. It's likely not a big deal at all for you if you don't avoid cones and/or still use shampoos some, I just wanted to share for anyone (like myself) who is avoiding cones. That's why I decided to go with the pure argan oil, which is all Morrocan oil (not the brand) really is.  If you don't avoid cones, just ignore this. LOL

Ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

wj0147 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

wj0147,
Do you still use shampoos/low poos? Folica lists the ingredients and says that there are cones in it. It's likely not a big deal at all for you if you don't avoid cones and/or still use shampoos some, I just wanted to share for anyone (like myself) who is avoiding cones. That's why I decided to go with the pure argan oil, which is all Morrocan oil (not the brand) really is.  If you don't avoid cones, just ignore this. LOL

Ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

I dont shampoo as much as before but I try not to use too much products with silicones. I wouldnt say I avoid it. The Curl creme has mineral oil in it though. That Im not going to try lol
Thanks OMJ Smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 8:54pm
You're welcome! I read REALLY great things about that brand despite the silicones, so if you like it keep using it!! Just remember to use a shampoo ( low poo even like Giovanni), maybe once a month and that should remove the buildup for you.  

I'm trying to avoid them at all costs, so I got the 100% organic natural virgin cold pressed argan oil, minus all the other ingredients in that particular brand, because I swear my dd's hair is allergic to cones! You should see how her hair reacts if you put a cone "near" her head! Shocked Dry, frizzy city!

Edited by OnMyJourney - Sep 21 2009 at 8:54pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic