BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Paula Deen B.S. surfacing...SMH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:56am
Wait she really made Sambo Burgers? 
I thought that was just a joke on twitter. 

Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 4:04am
Like tim wise said please don't let her ignorance be excused by her age and where she's from... I really believe she's gonna use thst as her defense to like "I've been tryna go aling with this whole equality thang, but my mind keeps silpin me" or.something

If ppl don't want to be called a coon don't do coon things... That being said on THIS site it is over used.

We need a new word for a sort of coon
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 4:25am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

ok, now i'm glad Holly Robinson Peete was fired from The Talk.  we don't need her spreading this coonery.  i didn't realize she was a white apologist...if a black person would've said it then what????
*adds to vocab....

Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 4:31am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Like tim wise said please don't let her ignorance be excused by her age and where she's from... I really believe she's gonna use thst as her defense to like "I've been tryna go aling with this whole equality thang, but my mind keeps silpin me" or.something

If ppl don't want to be called a coon don't do coon things... That being said on THIS site it is over used.

We need a new word for a sort of coon
*holds a cooning council deliberation meeting*LOL

Half coon, full coon, total eclipse *only brits may understand this from the jaffa cake commercial*LOL

We can call them 'stephens, or Snowballs' , in reference to django unchained
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 6:21am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Thats what i heard on E! Last night. She said if it was a black peeson suing we would have to take the claims with a grain of salt but since it was a white person we know it's real

Just googled yup she is as far as i saw

smh @ black people having no clout in racist claimsStern Smile

but if this is a discrimination case, you need to be black to win.. A white person suing another white person based on discrimination isn't going to work.. so this case has got to be based on something else.. i'm not following it so... 

but i did hear on the news that her fans are pissed at food network. 
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 7:55am
Its based on dexual harassment.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

RickyR & ladybird just saved someone from spending gas money to go to the library. Y'all have been thanked.

Not everyone believes in this appropriation.  It has nothing to do with reading a book, so don't try to insult Ashley's intellect because she does not believe in a certain philosophy.

That said it pains me when I hear black people call themselves the n-word and I am also offended by the frequent use of coon on the forum.  These are words  that were used on my ancestors as they had their humanity stripped from them.  As far as I am concerned using it is disrespectful to  not only the black user but also to our forefathers. 

As for Paula Deen-  She is as racist as I would expect a white Southern woman of her age to be.  It seems she is also not too clever since she was so open with it.  Most of them would have at least kept it at home.
You don't have to believe in re-appropriation because it will still be true whether you believe in it or not.

I suggested reading because the reasoning behind there being a double standard in saying the n-word by whites and blacks is easily explained in books. Once a person reads about it, they should be able to understand why there is a difference and more outrage/offense at a white person calling a black person n*gger versus hearing a black man on the street address a friend 'what's up my n* '.

Ricky, I was gone at the story about the little girl and the blisters. like wtf?!Angry

yep.

yes, not everyone believes in reappropriation of the word. i believe i said that in my post. for those that do, the def. covers it the action. 

i wasn't trying to insult her intelligence. i think if she thought that, she would have posted it and we would have went from there.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 10:07am
So coon and ni--gger are on the same level?

Because I call all these athletes prancing around with these white women coons like I call the sky blue. 
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 12:28pm
Coon coon coon..we are still having this debate here? I remember that one thread when I called that woman a coon and a few folks went off (tried it) and no f*cks were given. Coon coon coooooon. LOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 12:59pm
This ole lard ass bytch... I don't know what a bolo bat is but I feel like getting one and hitting her upside the head with it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
  Share Topic