Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:38pm
If anything America is late with this.IMO. I know people from what seems like every other culture where staying home till u were married or had enough for a house was the norm.
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

^^except bigger bedrooms; and their own wing.

Never understood with all the money the Ewings had, why they had those tiny bedrooms. lol

yes, most definitely. we need separate kitchens too. LOL

right. IN my sister's plan me, her and other sis (each 2 years apart in age) would live in one large estate with our husbands and kids. We could go for days w/out seeing each other if we wanted or have a meal together if we wanted. OUr choice. It sounds lovely to us; don't know how husbands will feel about it though lol.

Edited by PurplePhase - Feb 06 2014 at 9:45pm
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:52pm
i wish i could live for relatively 'free' too
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Originally posted by dazed& dazed& wrote:

Meh. My parents havent supported me financially since I got my first job when I was 18. I live at home now but that would not have been the case if I wasn't in school. But I pay for EVERY other aspect of my life- only free thing is rent and utility bills. They always instilled in me the importance of saving your money and having a job lined up before I graduate, and I do ( though I know this isnt the case for the majorit of college grads because the economy is *&%^$#@Eed). I see nothing wrong with making your kid leave at 18 if they aren't doing anything with themselves. I wouldn't let my grown ass kid chill in the house all day everyday either. I wouldn't mind my kid staying home with me while they look for a job, but once they get one then it's time for them to start their own life under their own roof. I have no resentment towards my parents for making me be financially responsible for myself when I turned 18. I actually appreciate the fact that my parents weren't as giving when it came to money. Because of that, I am more financially responsible than almost everyone I know, especially those my age. That responsibility never hindered my from enjoying my youth and I'be never had to stress about money because they taught me the importance of saving at a young age, plus I'be always loved just having money even if I'm not saving it for anything in particular. I plan to do the same thing to my kids if I have them. I know too many people who have been coddled their whole life's and now their grown as sh*t, not doing anything because they've never been pushed.

Only? Girl that's a lot!! Rent and utility bills can make up between 1/3 and 1/2 of someone's income.

Exactly.

That's a blessing that you're able to save and stack money tho.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:14am
I'm 27 and I still live at home, well I'm due to move out in April to rent for a year. 
Living at home has helped me save up for a deposit to buy a house next year. If I had moved out in my early 20's I would've been struggling and no where near being able afford to buy a house.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:16am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I had a friend whose mom told her at 15 , im kicking you out at 18 and would keep on reminding her. Thank god her dad let her move in.

Olthe one time i told my mom im moving out she stared me down till my bags were unpacked and my clothes were put back
I would've dreaded my 18th Birthday
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by nemesis1 nemesis1 wrote:

Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I had a friend whose mom told her at 15 , im kicking you out at 18 and would keep on reminding her. Thank god her dad let her move in.

Olthe one time i told my mom im moving out she stared me down till my bags were unpacked and my clothes were put back

Yeah my mother wouldn't shut the hell up when I told her I was moving.  So I didn'tErmm

lol LOL

Seriously, you would have thought the axe murderer CAME with the joint.

But I must say now that I'm older and have been living on my own for a number of years... paying bills by yourself sucks ass  Cry  But living alone has lots of advantages.  I think I would kill whatever roomate I could potentially have at this point
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567