Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>


Bootiful Cream



Author
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 03 2006
Location: venus
Status: Offline
Points: 99217
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:49pm
sometimes i get sentimental and i want a family compound. like we are all on the same property with separate living quarters. i think i'd love it.. lol
probably cheaper to buy a plot of land to build it than buiyng individual houses too.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 26 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 14309
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:56pm
I know a lot of people in their late twenties with good jobs, living at home. Makes perfect sense to me. If that's an option, your parents are cool and let you be grown, AND you are doing something meaningful with your life, then great.

I do think its a good idea to pay rent though. It will likely be well below market anyway, you'll have plenty left to save. May as well help out some, show a little love back. Shoot that good cable/DVR with those good home cooked meals ain't free!
Back to Top
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 26 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 14309
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by dazed& dazed& wrote:

Meh. My parents havent supported me financially since I got my first job when I was 18. I live at home now but that would not have been the case if I wasn't in school. But I pay for EVERY other aspect of my life- only free thing is rent and utility bills. They always instilled in me the importance of saving your money and having a job lined up before I graduate, and I do ( though I know this isnt the case for the majorit of college grads because the economy is *&%^$#@Eed). I see nothing wrong with making your kid leave at 18 if they aren't doing anything with themselves. I wouldn't let my grown ass kid chill in the house all day everyday either. I wouldn't mind my kid staying home with me while they look for a job, but once they get one then it's time for them to start their own life under their own roof. I have no resentment towards my parents for making me be financially responsible for myself when I turned 18. I actually appreciate the fact that my parents weren't as giving when it came to money. Because of that, I am more financially responsible than almost everyone I know, especially those my age. That responsibility never hindered my from enjoying my youth and I'be never had to stress about money because they taught me the importance of saving at a young age, plus I'be always loved just having money even if I'm not saving it for anything in particular. I plan to do the same thing to my kids if I have them. I know too many people who have been coddled their whole life's and now their grown as sh*t, not doing anything because they've never been pushed.


Only? Girl that's a lot!! Rent and utility bills can make up between 1/3 and 1/2 of someone's income.


Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 194295
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

sometimes i get sentimental and i want a family compound. like we are all on the same property with separate living quarters. i think i'd love it.. lol
probably cheaper to buy a plot of land to build it than buiyng individual houses too.


my sis used to say she wanted the whole fam (spouses, kids) to live together like the Ewings on Dallas lol
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 194295
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:30pm
^^except bigger bedrooms; and their own wing.

Never understood with all the money the Ewings had, why they had those tiny bedrooms. lol
Back to Top
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 03 2006
Location: venus
Status: Offline
Points: 99217
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

^^except bigger bedrooms; and their own wing.

Never understood with all the money the Ewings had, why they had those tiny bedrooms. lol

yes, most definitely. we need separate kitchens too. LOL
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 208419
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:38pm
If anything America is late with this.IMO. I know people from what seems like every other culture where staying home till u were married or had enough for a house was the norm.
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 194295
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

^^except bigger bedrooms; and their own wing.

Never understood with all the money the Ewings had, why they had those tiny bedrooms. lol

yes, most definitely. we need separate kitchens too. LOL


right. IN my sister's plan me, her and other sis (each 2 years apart in age) would live in one large estate with our husbands and kids. We could go for days w/out seeing each other if we wanted or have a meal together if we wanted. OUr choice. It sounds lovely to us; don't know how husbands will feel about it though lol.


Edited by PurplePhase - Feb 06 2014 at 9:45pm
Back to Top
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 20 2011
Location: The Dirty North
Status: Offline
Points: 22380
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:52pm
i wish i could live for relatively 'free' too
Back to Top
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 11 2011
Location: US-Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 105447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Originally posted by dazed& dazed& wrote:

Meh. My parents havent supported me financially since I got my first job when I was 18. I live at home now but that would not have been the case if I wasn't in school. But I pay for EVERY other aspect of my life- only free thing is rent and utility bills. They always instilled in me the importance of saving your money and having a job lined up before I graduate, and I do ( though I know this isnt the case for the majorit of college grads because the economy is *&%^$#@Eed). I see nothing wrong with making your kid leave at 18 if they aren't doing anything with themselves. I wouldn't let my grown ass kid chill in the house all day everyday either. I wouldn't mind my kid staying home with me while they look for a job, but once they get one then it's time for them to start their own life under their own roof. I have no resentment towards my parents for making me be financially responsible for myself when I turned 18. I actually appreciate the fact that my parents weren't as giving when it came to money. Because of that, I am more financially responsible than almost everyone I know, especially those my age. That responsibility never hindered my from enjoying my youth and I'be never had to stress about money because they taught me the importance of saving at a young age, plus I'be always loved just having money even if I'm not saving it for anything in particular. I plan to do the same thing to my kids if I have them. I know too many people who have been coddled their whole life's and now their grown as sh*t, not doing anything because they've never been pushed.


Only? Girl that's a lot!! Rent and utility bills can make up between 1/3 and 1/2 of someone's income.




Exactly.

That's a blessing that you're able to save and stack money tho.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down