Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 25 2011
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 65112
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Yeah, I want to live alone so bad. I need some freedom ya'll. I'm freakin 21 and my parents are still telling me what to wear. Can't leave the house wearing a crop top unless I want to get beat upside the head with a wooden spoon.... can't even sip wine coolers w/out daddy mean muggin me

All I can think about is your overalls.
AngryAngryAngryFUCCCCCCCC YOU SANG!!!!!!

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 213050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:28pm
i did kinda feel like i was 'slumming' it when i had my apartment… 
i didnt have a job.. my money wasnt like before with a rent addition. also cus one of my parents got sick so less income from all them extra bills. 
back then i wasnt about the working life.. 


Edited by coconess - Feb 06 2014 at 6:36pm
Back to Top
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 26 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 18825
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:48pm
Aint no having sex in my mom's house.... 
Back to Top
dazed& View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 2092
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dazed& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:54pm
Meh. My parents havent supported me financially since I got my first job when I was 18. I live at home now but that would not have been the case if I wasn't in school. But I pay for EVERY other aspect of my life- only free thing is rent and utility bills. They always instilled in me the importance of saving your money and having a job lined up before I graduate, and I do ( though I know this isnt the case for the majorit of college grads because the economy is *&%^$#@Eed). I see nothing wrong with making your kid leave at 18 if they aren't doing anything with themselves. I wouldn't let my grown ass kid chill in the house all day everyday either. I wouldn't mind my kid staying home with me while they look for a job, but once they get one then it's time for them to start their own life under their own roof. I have no resentment towards my parents for making me be financially responsible for myself when I turned 18. I actually appreciate the fact that my parents weren't as giving when it came to money. Because of that, I am more financially responsible than almost everyone I know, especially those my age. That responsibility never hindered my from enjoying my youth and I'be never had to stress about money because they taught me the importance of saving at a young age, plus I'be always loved just having money even if I'm not saving it for anything in particular. I plan to do the same thing to my kids if I have them. I know too many people who have been coddled their whole life's and now their grown as sh*t, not doing anything because they've never been pushed.
Back to Top
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 03 2006
Location: venus
Status: Offline
Points: 98173
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:49pm
sometimes i get sentimental and i want a family compound. like we are all on the same property with separate living quarters. i think i'd love it.. lol
probably cheaper to buy a plot of land to build it than buiyng individual houses too.
Back to Top
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 26 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 13267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:56pm
I know a lot of people in their late twenties with good jobs, living at home. Makes perfect sense to me. If that's an option, your parents are cool and let you be grown, AND you are doing something meaningful with your life, then great.

I do think its a good idea to pay rent though. It will likely be well below market anyway, you'll have plenty left to save. May as well help out some, show a little love back. Shoot that good cable/DVR with those good home cooked meals ain't free!
Back to Top
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 26 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 13267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by dazed& dazed& wrote:

Meh. My parents havent supported me financially since I got my first job when I was 18. I live at home now but that would not have been the case if I wasn't in school. But I pay for EVERY other aspect of my life- only free thing is rent and utility bills. They always instilled in me the importance of saving your money and having a job lined up before I graduate, and I do ( though I know this isnt the case for the majorit of college grads because the economy is *&%^$#@Eed). I see nothing wrong with making your kid leave at 18 if they aren't doing anything with themselves. I wouldn't let my grown ass kid chill in the house all day everyday either. I wouldn't mind my kid staying home with me while they look for a job, but once they get one then it's time for them to start their own life under their own roof. I have no resentment towards my parents for making me be financially responsible for myself when I turned 18. I actually appreciate the fact that my parents weren't as giving when it came to money. Because of that, I am more financially responsible than almost everyone I know, especially those my age. That responsibility never hindered my from enjoying my youth and I'be never had to stress about money because they taught me the importance of saving at a young age, plus I'be always loved just having money even if I'm not saving it for anything in particular. I plan to do the same thing to my kids if I have them. I know too many people who have been coddled their whole life's and now their grown as sh*t, not doing anything because they've never been pushed.


Only? Girl that's a lot!! Rent and utility bills can make up between 1/3 and 1/2 of someone's income.


Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 184582
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

sometimes i get sentimental and i want a family compound. like we are all on the same property with separate living quarters. i think i'd love it.. lol
probably cheaper to buy a plot of land to build it than buiyng individual houses too.


my sis used to say she wanted the whole fam (spouses, kids) to live together like the Ewings on Dallas lol
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 184582
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:30pm
^^except bigger bedrooms; and their own wing.

Never understood with all the money the Ewings had, why they had those tiny bedrooms. lol
Back to Top
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 03 2006
Location: venus
Status: Offline
Points: 98173
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

^^except bigger bedrooms; and their own wing.

Never understood with all the money the Ewings had, why they had those tiny bedrooms. lol

yes, most definitely. we need separate kitchens too. LOL
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down