Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

Author
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:11pm
This is very believable.

If I had to choose between living with a roomie and living with either of my parents, I'd choose moving in with my parents any day.

Also, it's actually customary in many other counties to live @ home til you're married. I don't think there's anything wrong with living at home.
Sponsored Links

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

This probably needs a new thread of its own but how do yall feel about having one's SO living with your parents as well?

If the house is big enough, and we're not in close quarters...why not?

I read somewhere Jaime Foxx lived in a house with both of his divorced parents, apparently his parents never see each other. If it was a setup like that, I wouldn't mind.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:46pm
Idk, where I live (D.C. area) there's a lot of pressure to be independent and leave the "roost". Everybody's an overachiever lol. I'm 24, living at home and am finally moving out this spring after boomerang-ing back home after college 2 years ago (I'm working FT and only getting older, so there's no more excuses)!

I do agree that if you get TOO comfortable and too afraid to take risks in life, you can end up staying at home longer than expected. Many Millenials are used to the lifestyle acquired by their parents, and "slumming" it on our own (not being able to shop at Whole Foods, take nice vacations, etc.) is not an option in a lot of people's minds, unfortunately. If you're really saving money for the future, staying at home can be useful--but I think there should be a plan/goal to eventually move out. But IMO, living in the suburbs def isn't an ideal location at all for young, single people.

To save money, I plan on living in a tinyyyy studio or share a place with a compatible roomie (but have my own private room and bathroom).

But taking risks and "spreading your wings" in your 20s is important if you're like me and love adventure and...change.

Edited by juicifruit89 - Feb 06 2014 at 5:48pm
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I had a friend whose mom told her at 15 , im kicking you out at 18 and would keep on reminding her. Thank god her dad let her move in.

Olthe one time i told my mom im moving out she stared me down till my bags were unpacked and my clothes were put back

Yeah my mother wouldn't shut the hell up when I told her I was moving.  So I didn'tErmm

lol LOL
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:48pm
i see a lot of 40+ something males living with there moms in south florida
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:49pm
I'm 28 and live at home. I'm planning to move once I find a full-time gig in my field. It's customary for the kids in my culture no matter the age to live at home until they move out (job, school, etc) or get married anyway. I was in grad school and working part time so I wasn't able to afford to live on my own anyway

Edited by IslandSuga - Feb 06 2014 at 5:59pm
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Yeah, I want to live alone so bad. I need some freedom ya'll. I'm freakin 21 and my parents are still telling me what to wear. Can't leave the house wearing a crop top unless I want to get beat upside the head with a wooden spoon.... can't even sip wine coolers w/out daddy mean muggin me

All I can think about is your overalls.
AngryAngryAngryFUCCCCCCCC YOU SANG!!!!!!

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:28pm
i did kinda feel like i was 'slumming' it when i had my apartment… 
i didnt have a job.. my money wasnt like before with a rent addition. also cus one of my parents got sick so less income from all them extra bills. 
back then i wasnt about the working life.. 

Edited by coconess - Feb 06 2014 at 6:36pm
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:48pm
Aint no having sex in my mom's house.... 
dazed& View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dazed& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:54pm
Meh. My parents havent supported me financially since I got my first job when I was 18. I live at home now but that would not have been the case if I wasn't in school. But I pay for EVERY other aspect of my life- only free thing is rent and utility bills. They always instilled in me the importance of saving your money and having a job lined up before I graduate, and I do ( though I know this isnt the case for the majorit of college grads because the economy is *&%^$#@Eed). I see nothing wrong with making your kid leave at 18 if they aren't doing anything with themselves. I wouldn't let my grown ass kid chill in the house all day everyday either. I wouldn't mind my kid staying home with me while they look for a job, but once they get one then it's time for them to start their own life under their own roof. I have no resentment towards my parents for making me be financially responsible for myself when I turned 18. I actually appreciate the fact that my parents weren't as giving when it came to money. Because of that, I am more financially responsible than almost everyone I know, especially those my age. That responsibility never hindered my from enjoying my youth and I'be never had to stress about money because they taught me the importance of saving at a young age, plus I'be always loved just having money even if I'm not saving it for anything in particular. I plan to do the same thing to my kids if I have them. I know too many people who have been coddled their whole life's and now their grown as sh*t, not doing anything because they've never been pushed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic