Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

This probably needs a new thread of its own but how do yall feel about having one's SO living with your parents as well?

nah that's a negative. 
Sponsored Links

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:53pm
This probably needs a new thread of its own but how do yall feel about having one's SO living with your parents as well?
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

LOLLOLLOL....oh i see. yeah, i've never had that problem. my parents are cool as hell; hell they tell me that i'm too pretty to be sitting in the house and always telling me about an event going on that i should attend. 

Heart
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:03pm
DeadDeadDead

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Im 22, still living at home and thankful...i aint goin nowhere LOL

honestly though if I was kicked out i would just shack up with some man probably end up pregnant and broke

Yep, I can't stand my parents but if they  kickked my ass out the house Id prolly be in downtown Atlanta prostitutin at nightime in Centennial Park
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:11pm
This is very believable.

If I had to choose between living with a roomie and living with either of my parents, I'd choose moving in with my parents any day.

Also, it's actually customary in many other counties to live @ home til you're married. I don't think there's anything wrong with living at home.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

If the house is big enough, and we're not in close quarters...why not?

I read somewhere Jaime Foxx lived in a house with both of his divorced parents, apparently his parents never see each other. If it was a setup like that, I wouldn't mind.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:46pm
Idk, where I live (D.C. area) there's a lot of pressure to be independent and leave the "roost". Everybody's an overachiever lol. I'm 24, living at home and am finally moving out this spring after boomerang-ing back home after college 2 years ago (I'm working FT and only getting older, so there's no more excuses)!

I do agree that if you get TOO comfortable and too afraid to take risks in life, you can end up staying at home longer than expected. Many Millenials are used to the lifestyle acquired by their parents, and "slumming" it on our own (not being able to shop at Whole Foods, take nice vacations, etc.) is not an option in a lot of people's minds, unfortunately. If you're really saving money for the future, staying at home can be useful--but I think there should be a plan/goal to eventually move out. But IMO, living in the suburbs def isn't an ideal location at all for young, single people.

To save money, I plan on living in a tinyyyy studio or share a place with a compatible roomie (but have my own private room and bathroom).

But taking risks and "spreading your wings" in your 20s is important if you're like me and love adventure and...change.

Edited by juicifruit89 - Feb 06 2014 at 5:48pm
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I had a friend whose mom told her at 15 , im kicking you out at 18 and would keep on reminding her. Thank god her dad let her move in.

Olthe one time i told my mom im moving out she stared me down till my bags were unpacked and my clothes were put back

Yeah my mother wouldn't shut the hell up when I told her I was moving.  So I didn'tErmm

lol LOL
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:48pm
i see a lot of 40+ something males living with there moms in south florida
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:49pm
I'm 28 and live at home. I'm planning to move once I find a full-time gig in my field. It's customary for the kids in my culture no matter the age to live at home until they move out (job, school, etc) or get married anyway. I was in grad school and working part time so I wasn't able to afford to live on my own anyway

Edited by IslandSuga - Feb 06 2014 at 5:59pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System