Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

More 27 Year Olds Live With Parents Than Roommates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

Author
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:25pm
In most societies you stay home til you marry....and even after you marry.
Sponsored Links

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:27pm
Most of the people I know who are over 25 and still live with their parents don't work, go to school, or try to do anything for themselves though so the whole student debt and not making enough money thing isn't an excuse. Atleast not for them anyway. But to each their own.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:30pm
Also the govt is fronting like we're doing well, but the Canadian dollar keeps dropping and the increased unemployment rate says otherwise.
There aren't that many jobs out there, and the white graduates get first dibs on positions. Of course if the company is Chinese then your black ass can forget it. If it is Middle Eastern and Muslim your black ass don't need to forget it, just don't think about it at all. And since black people don't own anything just take your ass to college and be a nurse otherwise get used to that $11 forever.

I don't know why blacks stay here. It's not a country for a black person with big financial goals.

Damn..end rant, i guess.

Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:34pm
hmmm im from a different way of thinking / i was out by18 moved that was my choice i never moved back with parents/ that's how my children are VERY self-sufficient VERY seldom except for the spoiled one do they even asks me for a dimeLOL   ( now that spoiled rotten bratty one that looks like i spit her out? oooooweeeee that gal there is jUST now gettin weened off hittin up my pocketsLOL)

sidenote: i do usually send money just me being me @ different times to them cause they my babiesHeart but aint nobody was stayin with me after 18yrs no more than 20yrs oldLOL

Edited by Bonjour baby ooowee - Feb 06 2014 at 2:38pm
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:42pm
I have friends whose parent put them out at 18--and they struggle to this very day.  Everyone isn't ready to move out just because the law says that they are an adult.  I was 28 when I moved out of my parents home--and at the time I had a masters degree, and a full time job.  If a parent is in the position to have their child continue to live with them, and the child is actually attempting to make something of themselves, I don't see the problem. 
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:50pm
Im 22, still living at home and thankful...i aint goin nowhere LOL

honestly though if I was kicked out i would just shack up with some man probably end up pregnant and broke
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 3:28pm
Good for them,

I don't want to.

Ppl use this ideal scenario but all of them grown folk living with their parents aren't doing that.
But that's the go to

Edited by jonesable - Feb 06 2014 at 3:29pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 3:32pm
i had an apartment when i was 18.. i made the choice to move back home after a few years to help them.  

i can think of a few ppl my age living at home.. and i can think of a few people my age or younger with their own places.. 

one actually lets her mom and step dad stay with her.. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by bigsexylisa bigsexylisa wrote:

I have friends whose parent put them out at 18--and they struggle to this very day.  Everyone isn't ready to move out just because the law says that they are an adult.  I was 28 when I moved out of my parents home--and at the time I had a masters degree, and a full time job.  If a parent is in the position to have their child continue to live with them, and the child is actually attempting to make something of themselves, I don't see the problem. 
Gimme another year to join you.Cry
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 3:40pm
I think that it is the most asinine thing to kick a child out once the reach 18 y/o.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic