Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Monsanto Protection Act!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:25pm
Obama always signing away at some shyt while people distracted with other sh*t.
It never fails..
this was signed like 2 months ago i thought.
The whole gay marriage Supreme Court thing was taking place....

Sponsored Links

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

^^Currently in NC

Check out this site.  A few cities in NC are participating:

Oooh, thanks!
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:42pm
Mini rant...

I can officially say that I hate this country...I hate the government...I hate the FDA

I go into Whole Foods to buy some colloidal silver, I've been buying and using this stuff for YEARS...

Anytime I get a cold, when my allergies start acting up, when I had a scratched cornea...you name the ailment, I've used this stuff for it and it works (for me) faster than OTC meds, antibiotics, etc....

Before purchasing my first bottle of CS, I thoroughly researched this stuff including the side-effects etc...and here was a claim about a man who turned blue from using this.

This stuff can take the place of any antibiotic out there, like, dead ass...

Anywho, I go to whole foods and suddenly there's a f*cking disclaimer basically the FDA trying to dissuade ppl from buying this...

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:50pm
Thanks for that info^

And don't be surprised when in five yeats you're paying triple the price through prescription
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 9:50pm
^The FDA profits from pharmaceuticals so the try their best to supress natural remedies.
ETA:  I read that Monsanto doesn't allow GMO products in their employees' cafeteriaDead

Edited by Naturalchick30 - May 23 2013 at 10:00pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 10:59pm
GMO Labeling Bill Voted Down In Senate

WASHINGTON -- The United States Senate decided again Thursday that it simply does not want to let states tell people whether or not they are eating genetically modified food.

The Senate voted overwhelmingly -- 71 to 27 -- against an amendment to the sweeping farm bill, squashing a measure that would not have required labeling of genetically modified organisms, but merely would have let states decide if they wanted to require such labeling.

"The concept we're talking about today is a fairly commonsense and non-radical idea," Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), the sponsor of the amendment, said shortly before the vote. "All over the world, in the European Union, in many other countries around the world, dozens and dozens of countries, people are able to look at the food that they are buying and determine through labeling whether or not that product contains genetically modified organisms."

Sanders has noted that more than 3,000 ingredients are required to be labeled, but genetically modified ingredients are not part of that list. His state and Connecticut have passed laws to require such labeling, but Sanders said local leaders fear that large biotech corporations such as Monsanto could sue the states on the grounds that they are preempting federal authority. He said his bill would make clear that states can do what they want on the issue.

But Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), the chair of the Agriculture Committee, argued that the measure "is not germane to the farm bill" in the first place. She also said the labels run counter to science and the public interest in healthy food.

"This particular amendment would interfere with the FDA's science-based process to determine what food labeling is necessary for consumers," Stabenow said.

"It's also important to note that around the world now we are seeing genetically modified crops that have the ability to resist crop diseases and improve nutritional content and survive drought conditions in many developing countries," she added. "We see wonderful work being done by foundations like the Gates Foundation and others, that are using new techniques to be able to feed hungry people," she said, although it was not clear how labeling would affect such efforts.

Sanders' office pointed out that 64 countries around the world require GMO labeling.

"I believe we must rely on the FDA's science-based examination before we make conclusions about food ingredients derived from genetically modified foods," Stabenow said. "They currently do not require special labeling because they've determined that food content of these ingredients does not materially differ from their conventional counterparts."

While Stabenow seemed assured of the safety of genetically modified food, there is in fact significant debate about whether or not it will prove safe in the long run. There are also growing concerns about the environmental impacts.

The lack of labeling also makes it much harder for consumers who oppose GMOs -- whether they think they are healthy or not -- from voting against them in the marketplace. Most of the processed food on U.S. store shelves contains genetically modified ingredients, including corn and soybeans.

Sanders put forth a similar amendment last year, but it was voted down as well. He promised on Thursday to keep trying. "The people of Vermont and the people of America have a right to know what's in the food that they eat,” he said in a statement after the vote.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 7:15am
< style=": ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=aswift_0 height=60 marginHeight=0 Border=0 width=468 allowTransparency name=aswift_0 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no>
bee1

The Illinois Ag Dept. illegally seized privately owned bees from renowned naturalist, Terrence Ingram, without providing him with a search warrant and before the court hearing on the matter, reports Prairie Advocate News.

Behind the obvious violations of his Constitutional rights is Monsanto. Ingram was researching Roundup’s effects on bees, which he’s raised for 58 years. “They ruined 15 years of my research,” he told Prairie Advocate, by stealing most of his stock.

A certified letter from the Ag Dept.’s Apiary Inspection Supervisor, Steven D. Chard, stated:

“During a routine inspection of your honeybee colonies by … Inspectors Susan Kivikko and Eleanor Balson on October 23, 2011, the bacterial disease ‘American Foulbrood’ was detected in a number of colonies located behind your house…. Presence of the disease in some of your colonies was confirmed via test results from the USDA Bee Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland that analyzed samples collected from your apiary….”

rope test for foulbroodIngram can prove his bees did not have foulbrood, and planned to do so at a hearing set in April, but the state seized his bees at the end of March. They have not returned them and no one at the Ag Dept. seems to know where his bees are.

The bees could have been destroyed, or they could have been turned over to Monsanto to ascertain why some of his bees are resistant to Roundup. Without the bees as evidence, Ingram simply cannot defend against the phony charges of foulbrood.

Worse, all his queens died after Kivikko and Balson “inspected” his property, outside of his presence and without a warrant.

Of note, Illinois beekeepers are going underground after Ingram’s experience and refuse to register their hives, in case the state tries to steal their private property on phony claims.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic