Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: monoi oil
    Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 7:07am
has anyone ever used or heard of this oil?

Monoi Oil:
The Polynesian Secret
To Beautiful Hair

By Jennifer Bahney

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>  

Tahitian Monoi Oil has been used by Polynesian women for more than 2,000 years as a beauty remedy for hair and skin. The name Monoi (pronounced mah-noy), means "sweet scented oil" in Mahoi, the traditional language of the French Polynesians.

Tahitian Monoi Oil is a blend of highly refined Nucifera coconut oil and Tiare extract.

Tiare is the Tahitian Gardenia used for its aromatherapy healing properties.

The Tiare is "macerated" into the coconut oil using an ancient Polynesian method. Tahitian Monoi Oil has been produced commercially since 1942 and the real stuff has the French Government's "Appellation of Origin" -- Guarantee of Origin.

Polynesian women are legendary for their beautiful skin and hair, and many credit Monoi oil as their secret. Many use it as a face and body moisturizer and for hot oil hair treatments. I decided to try it out for myself.

The first thing I noticed when I opened a bottle was the incredible aroma. It's hard to explain -- sort of like warm vanilla mixed with sweet flowers. I fell in love immediately! The scent was so incredible, actually, that my husband, who usually doesn't like strong perfumes, commented that I "smelled yummy"!

I poured a little of the oil into my hands and rubbed it in. It sank in almost immediately and didn't leave a greasy finish. The literature I read on Monoi called it a "rich, non-greasy emollient/moisturizer that penetrates quickly into the skin and acts as a natural barrier against dehydration." I found this to be absolutely true.

Since I didn't have time for a hot oil treatment the evening I received my Monoi, I decided to work a bit into my hair's ends before heading off to bed. According to the directions, Monoi is so rich that "less is definitely more".

I made sure not to soak my hair in the oil, but to apply about a dime-sized amount to my ends.

I was surprised that my hair didn't look greasy when I woke up in the morning, like it usually does when I use jojoba or shea butter the same way. Instead, it was very soft and shiny, and the oil washed out very easily. The bottle promised immediate results upon the first application, which I didn't believe at first. But I have to say that my hair looked and felt gorgeous after using the Monoi oil overnight.

I have since used it as a hot oil treatment, according to the instructions: "Warm your Monoi bottle under hot tap water until it is quite warm. Apply generously all over your hair, especially if it is dry, dull or chemically damaged. Cover your hair with a plastic cap and with a towel to create a warming effect which will help the deep-conditioning process. Leave on for 30 minutes. Then wash your hair thoroughly and see for yourself the difference."

In addition to using it as a hair conditioner, I've been using the Monoi Oil as a moisturizer on my face and body. My skin has never felt greasy with the Monoi; only soft and velvety.

Sponsored Links

mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 7:09am
My source keeps being sold out...
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 7:12am
hihihihhiih so its sold out cus its good mstoya?
ive never heard of this oil before but i guess there are many oils ive never noticed were so good....im gld you jumped on the coconut oil wagon for hair..its great right?
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 7:21am
OMG yes...my son's scalp was kind of flaky because DH washed it and didn't put anything on it...So I took some coconut oil and rubbed it all over his scalp, and then I had him put a shower cap on for a few minutes...When I re-pooed his hair it was so soft, detangled, and not a flake in site....He has curly 4A hair that's thick like mine.....I've been using it for oil washes because I've been working out so I have to wash more than normal...And I've notice my skin isn't nearly as dry as it was, I've been ingesting it as well. 
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 7:45am
mstoya i think your gonna get some serious growth if your doing all these things. excercising, hennaing, fingercombing..girl i bet they gonna be your hair is just fake hihihihihhi
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 8:35am
  The excercising is the dangerous one..I'm gonna have to be locked in the house by this summer...Maybe I'll have learned some of your eyeshadow techniques by then...I have a few more things I wanna add to my "beauty" mix, but I don't wanna get too fine....j/k before somebody says how ugly I am...

emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 8:37am
ahahahaahaa lol...if you got it why not...girl i better move over to give you your space
wisconsin-mami View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 10:44am
omg i love monoi oil! i have used monoi tahiti tiare, there are different scents of monoi also like vanilla, tiare, jasmine, coconut and there is one with spf 15 they work for dry skin and hair! i havent used it since i ran out but reading this has just reminded me how well it works. i also want to try the monoi soaps, they are natural.
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 10:54am

well bumping this up to tell other ladies dont sleep on this oil

samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 11:24am
This oil is on my list....
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21