Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 59606162>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:00pm

As promised, here is my length check. I went on and did a heat training session in order to get this photo

I still have a lot of shorter layers all through  the top, the  front and sides of my hair. I need all of  those shorter lengths to  to catch up and grow out to realize the full thickness of my hair.

So now I will soak my hair in coconut oil and put it back up in a top knot bun under a bonnet.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 02 2014 at 8:39pm
Sponsored Links

materialistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

As promised, here is my length check. I went on and did a heat training session in order to get this photo

I still have a lot of shorter layers all through  the top, the  front and sides of my hair. I need all of  those shorter lengths to  to catch up and grow out to realize the full thickness of my hair.

So now I will soak my hair in coconut oil and put it back up in a top knot bun under a bonnet.

What is your regimen?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:28am
I apply generic Monistat to my scalp a couple times per week. I may also use mtg Shapleys sulfur oil every now and then. I take maxi hair vitamins and I'm starting back on MSM powder as an oral supplement as well. I invert my head for four minutes, massage my scalp,comb my hair up into a top knot bun and apply a conditioner cap for Greenhouse Effect or a satin bonnet and go to sleep. I generally keep a bun as a daily protective style.
I do not use shampoo, rather I use white rain coconut cream rinse from the dollar store to co wash the hair. It makes the hair smell wonderfully fragrant but does not dry it at all. I use a lot of natural conditioners like yogurt, mayonnaise, eggs, olive oil, etc to condition the hair. Aphogee 2 min is a staple conditioner along w Hello Hydration conditioner. I apply coconut oil a few times per week to the dry hair as a leave in oil. I also make sure to apply it the night before I cowash to lessen hygral fatigue from the hair getting wet and drying. I add natural coconut oil to my co wash conditioner and my other conditioners. So generally, coconut oil is always in my hair. Now I am experimenting lightly with heat training,
Thats about it.I hope that helps some.
Happy hair growing !

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 07 2014 at 4:44am
krooklynkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krooklynkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 5:58pm
I think im going to try this , im getting pretty desperate my hair hasnt grown in over 8 years maybe more
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by krooklynkid krooklynkid wrote:

I think im going to try this , im getting pretty desperate my hair hasnt grown in over 8 years maybe more
I  am sure your hair has been growing in  years.  It is just breaking off as fast as it is growing. 
In addition to trying this, you might want to focus on  protecting the ends of your hair.  I have seen friends of mine literally rip their hair out off  by raking through the hair to detangle it and snatching off the tangles instead of easing them out. Heat styling daily, not deep conditioning weekly; Not moisturizing and sealing the hair with oil every night and  then wrapping it up in a satin scarf or bonnet; Using  shampoo instead of cowashing are all some things  that can cause he hair to break as fast as it grows.  So take a look at what you might be able to change in order to protect the ends of the hair more. 

The things that I do to try to protect my ends  are keeping them lubricated and as straight as possible to minimize tangles. I also keep it loosely in a bun and wrapped up very well lubricated or soaking in oil and moisturizers most of the time.  (Do not take that to mean pulled tight  in a bun) I never sleep with my hair loose all over my head because I would wake up to dried out tangled hair. I would rip it out trying to detangle in the morning. So instead, I oil it and cover it up in a satinish scarf at night so I wake up to lubed up and detangled hair instead of a matted dry bird's nest. I do not use gels which dry out the hair and make it harder to comb through. Drying gels would be the opposite of keeping it lubricated and detangled. I only use lubricants like coconut oil, vegetable glycerine with water, olive oil, leave in conditioners. I also use protein treatments periodically to strengthen hair but I alway do a moisturizing deep conditioner the same day that I use protein so it is always strengthened AND moisturized the  same day. I take my precious time detangling and treat my hair as if it is the most delicate and most expensive lace on earth. That way I do not rip it off my head like I see some of my friends doing.

I try to keep heat at a minimum now unless I am doing a BKT.  I had thought about heat training but decided to just do a Brazilian Keratin Treatment instead of using regular heat on my hair. So yes the MN may help you but what I am hearing is that you may also need to focus on babying the hair that is on your head more to keep it up there. For many. that may mean keeping it lubricated well and cornrowed under a wig. Co wash, deep condition it, oil it and corn row (or plait) it back up. Take an hour to detangle it if necessary so that you do not even lose one strand if possible.
Best wishes.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 18 2014 at 9:50pm
krooklynkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krooklynkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 8:22pm
wow thank you, i think your right
im going to have to start a whole new routine....
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 9:35am
Ps I also do not use gels because for me I have noticed that gel is like glue. And when I comb through the glued together hair, invariably many hairs are torn off of my head as I try to unglue my hair. So NO GLUE in my hair for me. (Only on my baby hairs) I use lubricating oils. NO CLAYS in my hair for me either. Clay goes on oily pimples skin to dry all the oils out of the skin. I never want my hair dried out of all the few natural oils it has and feeling dry like the Sahara desert. So clay has no place on MY head. NO baking soda. That is another item that I personally feel is far too abrasive for my hair. I also do not use vinegar. I know from gardening that if you wipe a bit of vinegar on a plant, it will be dead in a few days. That does not feel like something I want to subject my hairs to. Your mileage may vary. But for me, NO GELS,NO CLAY,NO BAKING SODA, NO VINEGAR. Basically, nothing hash, drying , or abrasive for me. Only oils, moisturizers like vegetable glycerine and water, and deep conditioners for my hair. (Baking soda and hair color have about the same pH. Either one will increase porosity of the hair. Since I color, I can not afford unnecessary damage from any thing else.)

And lastly, I've made the decision to keep MY HAIR as stretched or straight as possible always because for me, MY hair tears when I comb through highly textured hair. Highly textured hair is more prone to tangles, single strand knots, tearing, all of which reduce length on a daily basis. You may stretch the hair with threading, extra wide curlformers, jumbo flexi rods, and even roller saran wraps on wash day. Once the hair is stretched each wash day, your styling options also increase exponentially as well as ease of management and even doing simple things like oiling and bunning. Stretched hair should be restretched each night for maintenance by a routine as simple as nightly oiling, perhaps a few simple braids or a bun and then a satin scarf to sleep.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 22 2014 at 12:22pm
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 11:12pm
Can I combine this with my monoxidil that I apply to my scalp twice a day?  I'm at the end of my rope since my high blood pressure medication has thinned out my hair and stress has removed my edges.  Monoxidil just isn't working fast enough.  Four months and no change.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2014 at 8:52am
I am not sure. Best luck with that
DamiaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamiaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2014 at 2:56pm
I had great growth and texture when doing this challenge so I'm stepping back in tomorrow. 
I've been weaved up since October 2012 with about a 6 week break from then and now. I have also been relaxer free since October 18-20th, 2012. I'm excited and very nervous about taking care of my natural hair for the first time since I was about 5 years old (which is when I had my first relaxer). 

Can't wait to share the updates :) 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 59606162>