BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:58pm
Oh, Ok. Smile I was going to make another mix and use hair grease, sulfur powder, and mn. Also, do you let the mix sit for 24 hours? Thanks. Sorry for all of the questions.Big smile
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 5:38pm
I personally think you'd be better off with oil and scurl instead of grease for the scalp and hair alike. Grease may clog your pores Just my opinion. That being said, a few people did get great results w/ sulfur 8 grease w/ MN so that's up to you too Smile 

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 09 2014 at 5:41pm
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:13pm
I guess I'll stick with the concoction I have. Thanks again for your help. :)
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:14pm
A wonderful 4c hair journey. Many lessons learned

Along her journey she learned that:
  • apple cider vinegar  rinses and aloe dry her 4c hair and made it break off 
  • She learned that she was not happy with wash and goes on 4c hair and that 
  • regular twist outs etc on natural hair thinned it out due to friction damage. 
  • She learned her 4c hair retains length best cornrowed under wigs and generally put away and left alone. 
  • She learned that she had the most pleasant memories of her hair when it was relaxed and she enjoyed roller sets at the salon.

She learned to ignore Natural Nazis and just do her. She returned to relaxer again and is now in transition AGAIN.
I have always said I NEVER did acv rinses bc I am certain they dry the hair. Aloe vera is far less damaging than acv but it does help oilies to "control" oily scalp so it is true it is not the best for dry hair when used alone. I would only use it WITH oils. I agree that tight styles slow length retention due to constant breakage. I also agree that many 4s will get the best growth in cornrows under wigs and in general  with NO manipulation protective styles.  Twist outs, braid outs etc are not no manipulation. It took her so many years and many tears to learn these things but at least she has learned some lessons. It appears it is still a work in progress but I wish her all the best luck on her journey.

The next lessons she must address are how to successfully style 4c hair with low manipulation. Let's say you grow it out in cornrows under a wig... How do you eventually style it once it has grown out and not have it thin out again? Please subscribe to her channel and support her to see what  lessons she learns in the next few years! (I suspect that keeping the hair as smooth as possible with products like  the CWK Straight plates may step up as part of the solution to the last problem Wink ... along with judicious use of low heat products like hot rollers, heat protection,  nightly wrapping or roller setting.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 10 2014 at 1:05pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2014 at 7:27am

I would add to that loose, afro puff balls that are not smoothed into braids to keep the ends protected are also a recipe for disaster. The hair will matt inside of them and cause set backs when you do go to try to make order of it.

Along with this I found a wonderful new tool to stretch freshly washed hair by banding
1" wide  elastic strips 

Usually people use skinny bands but the wide ones can cover the entire hair strand  continuously from root to tip leaving no open gaps between bands. The wider 1 inch bands can even overlap each other as you wrap down leaving NO GAPS whatsoever kind of like a mummy wrap and thereby create a much smoother effect than these skinny bands below.

1"x24' elastic band  $2.29

I will definitely buy a roll of this 1" elastic from walmart to band my pony tails from root to tip when I air dry my hair in pony tails Thumbs Up

Someone is selling them on etsy but I will just buy a roll of 1 inch wide elastic from Walmart and make my own LOL

PS Unfortunately I did not get to pre order my CWK plates although I love the idea. So I will just buy a  roll of  1 " wide elastic from walmart to make bands to stretch my hair in ponytails instead for now. Here is a tutorial to make them http://leafytreetopspot.blogspot.com/2013/07/tutorial-diy-fold-over-elastic-hair-ties.html but basically you cut a strip and tie a knot LOL Then you put your hair in about 10 or so ponytails and band your hair with them leaving no hair uncovered. Leave hair banded until bone dry. Also may do round two for further stretching.
PS Some common sense tips for banding. 
detangle, use LOC method to oil hair first then band your 10 or so sections. Do NOT use a product with glycerine if trying to do any set or banding because it keeps the hair wet not allowing it to dry in a new shape. Your hair will continue to draw up with glycerine so use oils and creams instead when trying to stretch the hair. I have to share because some times common sense is not so common.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 11 2014 at 8:02am
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:15pm
added a squirt of megatek to my mix... I hope it's not expired lol. It's the old formula, and I found it when cleaning out my closet. I've sprayed my scalp with my mix. Let it soak in, and then covered my twist with plastic wrap and my scarf... I like to ghe atleast 3 times a week. My new growth is so soft. I might just do a "soft" texturizer when I take down my twist... Just to break up the curls a bit. But right now it feels super manageable 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:38am
I did not apply for the last week.  But I will try to get some 4% this weekend and get back at it!
Desichan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desichan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:10am
I definitely will try this, but much later than you guys. I'm already on a challenge, so I'll have to start in September when the current change I'm on is over.

Good luck on this challenge you guys!   
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:09am
You don't have to wait! I am now doing coconut challenge, no heat challenge, kitchen challenge, inversion, massage, vitamins, you name it! Like my mama used to say... that's right sister Mary, do them all! Why have a slightly healthy regimen when you can have a REALLY SUPER regimen! Also you want to adapt healthy practices for the rest of your life, not just for a few days ! Do you want to grow hair for a few days or for the rest of your life?

Challenges help you get your feet wet so hopefully you can learn to swim for a lifetime with the big boys. Challenges are not so you can look back and brag about just putting your toes in the water for a few days back then!

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 27 2014 at 9:59am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 2:17pm
Well, I broke down and bought two boxes of Rite Aid Brand 3 day 4% . I am now mixing it straight with MTG. Usually I dilute it in water and spray it. I am bringing out the big guns and putting it straight on my scalp this time Wink
Will cover the stinking MTG with a shower cap tonight so I can stand to be in the same room with myselfLOL
HHG ladiesClap 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>