BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carlamarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlamarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 9:28pm
I wanted to ask a quick question. I took out my sew in ( I did myself, my first one ever) that I had for a week today lol... I just missed feeling my scalp, and cowashing as I pleased. I am about to make a new sulfur/monistat batch I wanted to know

1. Does sulfur powder expire?
2. When I mix in my oils, sulfur and monistat can I infuse by letting the mix sit in boiling water? Or should I infuse AND THEN add the MN?
3. Do you think heating my mixture before applying it will make the MN ineffective?

Thank You
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 1:43am
Originally posted by carlamarie carlamarie wrote:

1. Does sulfur powder expire?
2. When I mix in my oils, sulfur and monistat can I infuse by letting the mix sit in boiling water? Or should I infuse AND THEN add the MN?
3. Do you think heating my mixture before applying it will make the MN ineffective?

1) If there is an expiration date on the sulfur powder it will be some where on the jar. Generally lasts for many years.
2)I personally have never heat activated my mixture but you are welcome to attempt that. I just shake it up before each use. The powder is not going to fully dissolve in the mixture no matter what you do.
3)Heating the mixture every night may cause it to break down some.  
Is there any reason you want to heat up your mixture? If you want heat, why not put on a conditioner cap after applying it to your scalp and then a head wrap over that to trap in body heat and sleep that way. This is called a greenhouse effect. (GHE) I personally do this at night. If I dont use the conditioner cap each night, I at least cover my hair with a satin scarf/bonnet at night and that also will generate some heat.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 1:56am
Originally posted by mommyof7 mommyof7 wrote:

thank you.I think I will just use the sulfur first.What is GHEing?Also my hair is thin in the front mainly from wearing ponytail for work.I am biracial and my hair is thin and curly like.I want to get it thicker and stronger.Any suggestions?I just started taking nature's bounty hair and nails pills.I really do have 7 kids so I stress alot lol.Thanks for any advice.

I tried taking Black Currant Seed Oil capsules for one month. I took 3 daily.  It is supposed to help with thickening the hair. I am not sure if it helped much. You might want to take MSM powder too either alone or in Maxi Hair Vitamins or something like that. I used to consume 3 tbspns of MSM powder daily.  Now I just take the Maxi Hair Vitamins daily. The silica in hair vitamins is good too.
I have a similar hair type and I realize it just may not get but so thick ever due to genetics. Protein in the form of Aphogee 2 minute treatment is good to strengthen the hair. I enjoy using yogurt with amino acids personally as a 2 hour conditioner. I always add olive oil and honey to it so it wont be too drying.
Another treatment that is good to thicken the hair is henna or cassia. These can coat the hair with a protective layer which will strengthen it. I have found that many women of color who have reached tail bone length hair have used hennas at some times to help to strengthen the hair.
You will really enjoy those nightly scalp massages and hanging your head off the bed to let go some of the stress of the day. I hope that helps some and happy hair growing. 

PS Some say castor oil thickens the hair. I do not find that to be the case at all personally. Quite the contrary, on thin fine hair castor oil can make your hair look way too weighed down and look much thinner. You be the judge of that, whether your hair is too fine for that product or not. You need not pay attention to the hair ingredients the girl is using in the video.  For example I also dislike the idea of using the soap she talks about in my hair. It would be WAY too harsh for the hair in my opinion. The only thing you need to take from the video is to get shower caps/ conditioner caps to trap in the heat and moisture and a satin scarf/ bonnet.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 08 2013 at 2:35am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:15am
I added some things to my  Hairlista page that some might enjoy

PS I just had to add that after the yogurt, Bragg Liquid Amino, honey, olive oil treatment yesterday, I woke up to HUGE  hair today!! I mean it looked HUGE and Thick. So Mommyof7 you may want to really give that a try if you are trying to thicken up your hair! Last time I did this, I also used an egg yolk for protein in the mixture.  This is a combination of many things. 1) the women in India believe in using yogurt in the hair to defriz it 2) the Coconut cream natural  texturizer uses yogurt with coconut oil to tame the curls and 3) The Cherry Lola treatment also uses yogurt, Bragg Liquid Aminos,w/ baking soda to elongate the curls. I never tried the baking soda bc I think my hair is porous enough and I don't want to do anything that might dry it more.

But, I LOVE the Bragg liquid Aminos and I love using yogurt in my hair too. Last time I did some variation of this my hair got super thick also! So somehow even though it's supposed to elongate natural curls, the main thing I notice about any of these treatments is my hair gets BIG.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 08 2013 at 11:03am
carlamarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlamarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 2:49pm
Thanks Lady Aradia, I think I will just not heat. I just hate seeing the sulfur sitting there at the bottom of my applicator bottle. I'll just shake to mix.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 4:33pm
when you buy Shapley's MTG it is the same way, yellow powder settles at the bottom of the bottle. So don't worry.

Dont worry about trying to make it dissolve or stay in solution with heat. You will more likely weaken the sulfur.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 08 2013 at 5:19pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 7:06am
How is everyone doing with daily application of growth aids, daily massages, daily inversions, and frequent greenhouse effect treatments?
We will have a photo update at the end of the month!
Good luck everyone and Happy Hair Growing!

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 8:36am
Hey LadyA , yes I may not update as often but I have been sticking to my spritzing daily except on Sundays as I wash my hair next morning after deep conditioning over night. I've been feeling to cut my hair short again but I might be feeling some way since I've looked back on old snaps of my short hair, I would defo update you ladies if that were the case.

I'M truly excepting my split ends now as I hardly look at my ends now , that's just down to my constant bunning though , I cut her and there when they are over noticeable.
I can't wait till end of the month for photo updates haven't looked in good time since July.
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 11:14am
Just checking in.  My hair is in dreads now, so updates will be in a week.  That gives me enough time to prepare.  Just got a new bottle of sulfur powder for 2 bucks!  Can't beat that.  I'll make my batch of sulfur powder and just oil next week.  Looking forward to everyone's progress.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:00pm
Can you take hair out of dreads once they get in or is it matted for good? How did it happen? Was it an accident or did you do that intentionally?
A friend of mine lost all her hair to matting once because she was sick for a week and could not take care of her hair. She was so upset. I think I would really be upset if my hair matted and I lost it all...especially after working this hard to try to grow it!!!

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 22 2013 at 4:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 61>