Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 61>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 10:24am
finally the aminos came and Im soaked my hair with them with gelatin, propylene glycol and olive oil. Then I blow dried it in and flat ironed it. House smells like a Chinese restaurant (soy sauce smell) Ive got to keep it straight for 3 days.. we'll see 

PS My hair feels stiff and coated. I cant wait to wash this ish out saturday. I doubt it did anything to the texture bc it is already reverting from the flat ironing in the moist air.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 22 2013 at 2:22pm
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 8:47am
my hair did not stay straight over night. I woke up to curly hair. So I am going to wash this stuff out instead of waiting 72 hrs. I will update as to any curl pattern changes once I co wash it.

PS Just co washed it and my curls are still there Ermm They are very nicely defined  and the hair feels conditioned perhaps repaired/reconstructed on a cuticle level. But the curls are still 3b
I might try a real bkt next month.
Anyways, back to growing hair

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 23 2013 at 10:04am
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 2:23pm
Sorry to hear it wasn't exactly the results you want LadyA , maybe it's one of those things you need to do more regularly to see a serious difference. At least you can say you tried. Wink

On a good point your hair feels conditioned. On to the growing..Big smile
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 10:25pm
Thanks for the tip Kiki.  I have found a new spritz I'm going to use as a staple now.

LadyA, glad to hear your hair is conditioned.  I bet the curls look nice on you.

I could give both of you big cyber hugs.  I found something that works to keep the moisture in.  I used a Tblspn Epsom Salt dissolved in 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup V05 clarifying conditioner and 1/4 cup Mustard Oil.  I left it on my hair for 30 minutes under a hot cap, shampooed with Cream Of Nature Moisturizing shampoo, and did a final rinse with Rosewater.  When my hair was almost dry, I applied the ORS moisturizing conditioner and sealed with Coconut Oil.  My hair is still moisturized!  It is bouncy with volume and my curls are defined, but still elongated.  Thanks again!  I am off to apply my MN treatment. Clap
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:48am
Gosh AGoddess, I am so glad you found yourself a moisture solution for the time being Clap. Regarding the curls, by the time I twist it up in a bun knot on top of my head they end up loose waves anyhow so it's all good Embarrassed

I don't expect as much growth results this time because 1) I didnt use mn for a while when I was trying hairdrenalin. That did not produce a lot of growth for me and  2) I did a new moon trim which took a little off. 
So maybe by like mid September or so we can do our next updates?
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 8:26am
Sorry for the delay in posting pics

From 3/5/13

To 8/24/13

Woohoo I can braid it, now for the "thickening" to begin.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 2:39pm
Congratulations LWHITE!!!   Have you blown it out and rolled it yet?
Keep it oiled and moisturized everyday Thumbs Up

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 24 2013 at 2:41pm
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 6:31am
So glad I could help aGoddess. Smile

Lwhite that growth is awesome, so happy for you girly , wishing you more success!! Tongue

Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 11:14am
Durn BHM would not let me log in last night.

LadyAradia, I do not have enough hair coverage to "blow out". LMAO
Yes I do oil it every evening when I come in from the office with the mixture.

Thank you for the well wishes  Kiki. I am so glad my hair is growing back, chemo was no joke and it is taking a long time recovering from it.
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 12:21pm
Go Lwhite!  Your hair is really filling in in the front and on the sides.  People say hair is dead.  Hair is alive, because it is energy just like you.  All hair can grow back.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but I hope you will look into "Neem".  It is a natural alternative that can help you naturally recover faster.  HHG!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 61>
  Share Topic