Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 54>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 2:56pm
LadyA, I have been using Organic Hair Mayonnaise which my hair loves, and then I seal with coconut oil or wheat germ oil.  I will put olive oil on my ends occasionally.  That one is very light for my hair.  Wheat germ, I use sparingly, only because it is heavier but it gives my hair alot of shine.  This section of hair is right at the crown.  If I were to part it, it would cover the top of my head only (about a 1/8-1/4 inch section, but it bothers me).  Maybe I should take a picture.  You see how the back of my hair on the right looks all uneven and crazy in my pictures when it is loose? It is just like that, but dry like it's starving for moisture.

Now what can I use if my hair hates castor oil?  My hair also doesn't like shea butter or eggs, and will break off immediately.  I will go out and look for ORS today.  There are so many types.  Is it the Elastic-i-TEA, Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, or another kind?  They all look pretty good.  I will try the LOC formula only in that area, since the other areas are not effected.

Kiki, what are you spritzing with? 

Edited by aGoddess - Aug 18 2013 at 4:17am
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 9:44am
I see  you got the ORS moisturizer in the other thread. 
My aminos still arent here yet  so Im sitll waiting.
Oh and my bottle of mn fell off the nightstand and I thought nothing of it. When I looked on the floor the cap was off AH!! So I will buy another tube  Embarrassed

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 18 2013 at 9:45am
carlamarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlamarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:23am
Hi I have been lurking for some time now Embarrassed. I also did this challenge for a while then missed 2 days and decided to stop and start over. I have been natural my whole life and didn't think anyone else was  until i got older lol. Anyway I think what stops me from using my mn/sulfur mix consistently is the fact that when I oil and massage it tangles my hair...I would love to massage everyday but my hair gets all tangled and I don't feel like spending extra time detangling the next day.( this wasn't a prob when my hair was flatironed). Does this happen to anyone else? any tips on how to reduce tangling while massaging? also I massage during inversion. Are you supposed to massage for 1 min then do the inversion without massaging? My last question is can my oil mixture with sulfur in it be heated prior to adding it to my scalp?

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by carlamarie carlamarie wrote:

Hi I have been lurking for some time now Embarrassed. I also did this challenge for a while then missed 2 days and decided to stop and start over. I have been natural my whole life and didn't think anyone else was  until i got older lol. Anyway I think what stops me from using my mn/sulfur mix consistently is the fact that when I oil and massage it tangles my hair...I would love to massage everyday but my hair gets all tangled and I don't feel like spending extra time detangling the next day.( this wasn't a prob when my hair was flatironed). Does this happen to anyone else? any tips on how to reduce tangling while massaging? also I massage during inversion. Are you supposed to massage for 1 min then do the inversion without massaging? My last question is can my oil mixture with sulfur in it be heated prior to adding it to my scalp?

Hi CarlaMarie. I do notice my hair tangles ever so slightly when I massage my scalp. One tip I might offer is to keep the balls of the fingers stationary on the scalp and move the scalp. In other words, I do not slide the fingers across hair as I fear friction damage. I keep the tips glued to the head in each spot and rotate the scalp itself. Then I move fingers to another spot and move that scalp around. Again no sliding of fingers over hair.
With regard to massage and inversion you can do whatever combination feels right to you.
I have never heated the oil but I am sure you could heat just the portion you are using. I would not want to reheat my whole bottle over and over every night. I personally have never heated it.
Good luck! and hope that helps!

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 18 2013 at 12:21pm
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 3:15pm
LadyA, you're back, yeah!  Yes, I have my ORS.  I will begin my regimen tonight with it.  I shampooed yesterday with the Creme of Nature shampoo, and boy was it heavenly.  My hair has grown by leaps and bounds.  Can't wait for the big reveal.

I'm sorry to hear about your MN accident.  Funny, I spilled mine last week on my keyboard and fried it.  I had to go get a new one.  That MN is like liquid gold, LOL.

Carlamarie, welcome!  Try not to get the MN/Sulfur mixture on your hair.  Like LadyA said, keep your fingers glued to your scalp and make your scalp wiggle when you massage (It will automatically do it if you're massaging correctly).  I read on another board where a lady heated her sulfur and oil mixture, and once it cooled down, she added the MN to it.  I don't know what happened as far as her hair growth.  I will look for the link when I get a chance. HHG
carlamarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlamarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 3:25pm
thanks for the welcome and advise LadyA and aGoddess! I will try that technique. I prob wont heat my sulfur mix anynore. But massaging with warm oil sure did feel good lol
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 4:04pm
This lady heated hers with the MN in it.  I would be afraid it would lose its effectiveness, but I don't know.  I'm still looking for the other thread.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=187087 - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=187087

Originally Posted by Lakshmi S  http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?s=34d63caab1962ac3dbaec21bd460eeb2&p=3480365#post3480365 - View Post
I heat up the oil with the MN in it and shake so it won't seperate. it stays together even after it cools.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:18pm
Sorry, slow reply to aGoddess, (my phone has been sent for repair) I use just plain old water and any oil on hand for my spritz could be sunflower, argan, olive or jojoba and occasionally I add a conditioner. Sorry to hear you hair doesn't like castor or shea butter but Lady A seems to have got you covered now. Smile
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 6:20am
please post a picture of the hair that youre talking about. Maybe some others have ideas of how to make that section look more hydrated and more manageable.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 6:23am
MODERATORS PLEASE HELP. POSTS TO THIS THREAD ARE GOING TO THE MIDDLE OF THIS PAGE INSTEAD OF TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AS THEY SHOULD.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 54>