Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 56>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 12:54pm
A little vote of confidence found online:
"

External Applications of Gelatin

• Some conditioners contain gelatin.

There are many shampoos and conditioners on the market that contain keratin in the form of gelatin.

A less expensive option is to apply plain gelatin dissolved in warm water to your hair after shampooing. This will help keep your hair moisturized, which will prevent breakage. Synchronized swimmers use gelatin to keep their hair-dos intact, because it won't dissolve in cold water.

Internal Applications of Gelatin

• Flavored gelatin is a good snack.

There are many different kinds of gelatin capsules on the market, advertised to help foster longer, stronger hair and nails. Capsules are very inexpensive--in August of 2009 it was possible to purchase one hundred capsules for less than $4.00 US--and are usually taken one to three times a day.

In the 1950's and 1960's it was fashionable to dissolve packets of plain gelatin in water, tea or juice and drink it to promote nail and hair health.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_5373315_gelatin-promote-hair-growth.html#ixzz2by1olfUx

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 14 2013 at 3:57pm
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:59am
well guys.... I told you I tried Hairdrenalin the POTION just last time.  and my roots clearly show how much my hair grew from the hair color .... Anyways... UNFORTUNATELY I had very little new growth from my color this month. So I ran out and got another tube of Miconizole Nitrate yesterday and used it straight.
I need to pick my growth rate back up and I feel like th hairdrenalin the potion SLOWED ME DOWN!

PS A Goddess, I really like the looks of that flat iron you told me about so I think I will get it next month. For this month I will do my amino acid gelatin treatment with my current flat iron that only gets up  to like 300 degrees Embarrassed. It is the only flat iron I ever had and I rarely ever  used it.  (At least I know I don't have any heat damage using something that luke warm)

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 15 2013 at 8:26am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 9:16am
My Propylene glycol and knox are already here. The Aminos are not scheduled to arrive until Monday. So, if all goes well, I will do my Amino Keratin treatment on Monday night Tongue

I will update. Im back on my MN/sulfur thank goodness!
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 11:23am
Is it weird that I just read through all of our old posts in this challenge and felt excited all over again but sad also as not everyone is around as often. ConfusedCryLOL

I'm so ready to reach full APL now and get to grazing BSL by the end of the year with this.. but I'm hoping this challenge can carry on till I reach my main MBL goal!

Glad your back with us Lady A on the MN/Sulfur tip. Smile

Can't wait to hear about your Keratin treatment btw!
blackandfearless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackandfearless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:00pm
i remember using this..it works, but the headaches are unbearable.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:48pm
sorry to hear that. Ive been using for a few months now and I havent had any headaches. Then again I dilute it. Maybe its related to your own blood pressure levels.

Thanks, Kiki, I hope to hang in there with this until I reach tail bone length LOL

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 16 2013 at 12:57pm
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 1:25pm
Like Kiki, I can't wait for everyone to come back and post progress pictures for September.

I have a question, and I hope somebody can help me.  I have 3 different textures of hair right now.  I have one strip on the side of my head that looks like it was flat ironed when wet, and now reaches APL!  I'm super excited about that.  Then I have a huge, elongated, easy to detangle section.  At the crown of my head I have a dry patch of hair, and no matter how much I moisturize and seal it is dry again when I wake up, like it is starving for moisture.  I know the Amino will fix this, but in the meantime what can I do to combat the dryness in that area?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to have another setback from breakage. Dead
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 3:37pm
Even though the aminos are supposed to patch up damage to the shaft and the cuticles, I plan to only use it with something moisturizing... like honey, olive oil, castor oil, glycerin, propylene glycol etc so you have a balance. I think one reason some have problems with proteins is that they do them alone. I only do them with an intense moisturizer together.

But about the dryness, what are you using to moisturize and seal? Maybe something better for that?

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 16 2013 at 3:40pm
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 2:24am
I was going to ask the same questions as LadyA. I have similar issues with my front edges but since I spritz daily and seal with castor oil just in that area alone it has gotten much better.
Is it a dense area of hair??
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 5:15am
Using the L-O-C formula I would suggest  
L =  Water and glycerine in a spray bottle first then
O=  Castor oil if you have  fairly  coarse dry hair and then
C=  Some cream like ORS leave in Moisturizer or Pink oil Moisturizer

Apply this trinity nightly for regular moisturizing and sealing regimen.

Do this ONLY when you are using ZERO HEAT because otherwise the hair will boil and fry w/ heat and all that moisture.

This would be EXCELLENT after an amino keratin treatment because you can not stretch the kink with all that moisture. It will revert constantly. So it would be best if the curl pattern has already been elongated with an amino keratin treatment so that it requires no manual stretching imo

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 17 2013 at 5:22am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System