BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 7:15pm
Wow Damia, I know that must have been funny that your mum thought you had relaxed your hair LOL
I am using the last of the hairdrenalin with sulfur mix.  I poured some of my MTG in the same bottle and am transitioning into MTG  with MN for next month. I really did not see all that much growth this month. 

I am puttering along on a regular nightly scalp oiling routine with daily vitamins and water.

What kind of flat irons do you ladies use? I need one that is super cheap but with a thermostat. 
Sponsored Links

aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 11:14pm
Thanks LadyAradia, I found the one I want on Ebay.  I will purchase it and apply in a few weeks.  I'll give the treatment time to wear off a little.

Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

What kind of flat irons do you ladies use? I need one that is super cheap but with a thermostat.

I had an expensive, ceramic pair, but found RED by Kiss silicone styler better than the expensive one as far as protecting the hair and they retain moisture.  They reach 450 degrees.  The lowest setting is 250 degrees.  I paid $29 for mine, but you can find them cheaper on Amazon and Ebay.
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Where did you get the Bragg's Amino Acids? It is one of the  main ingredient in both the Cherry Lola and this Shiitake Knox treatment.

I purchased mine from the health food store.  Vitamin Shoppe also carries it too.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 8:08am
Thanks  SO much for the sources a Goddess!!  
I am thinking since the Bragg is also a soy sauce substitute and the shiitake mushrooms don't go into the haircipe, just the water off of them I may as well marinate some chicken pieces, onions and those musrooms in some of the Bragg Amino Acids and roast it in the oven!! (No chicken for vegetarians though, mushrooms are a meat substitute) Kill 2 birds with one stone. 
Besides, we need protein to grew long hair LOL

But seriously, I do hope to go out tomorrow and look for the Braggs, shiitake mushrooms and gelatin.  I just discovered that shiitake mushrooms are also sources of kojic acid which clears up spots on the skin. So if you want  get some more juice from them by boiling them, you can mix that in your favorite skin cream to help with discoloration!  So maybe we will kill 3 birds with these mushrooms Wink Apparently shiitake mushrooms are one of the world's healthiest foods!

Here is an interesting video on a pony tail rollerset I thought I  would share. Helps to straighten roots for those who are stretching.

The way I air dry is even easier than that! I put it in one ponytail in the back to let the front dry a while. After that I brush the hair forward  and put a ponytail on the top of my head so the back will dry but with a bantu bun up there on top (not even a roller)  I leave that until it is totally dry then when I go out I comb it down and voila! Carefree loose waves from just `1 scrunchy and 1 bantu knot on top my head.
Mine is airdried like this 

And the top bun she showed at the end is how my hair is while in the house ... all the time.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 12 2013 at 8:51pm
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 3:19am
Hey ladies, back from Italy, hair's been fine, trip was amazing, back on the bandwagon from today at the moment I'm deep conditioning with TRESemme keratin smooth. Hope you have all been well. Smile
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 6:45am
Welcome back Kiki!!
Good Gosh! These shiitake mushrooms are $30/ounce at walmart?
I think I will NOT include them in my keratin mix as a source of formaldehyde from food. I will get the knox gelatin and the Bragg Amino Acids. This along with the propylene glycol from ebay that i s on the way.

I KNOW another source for the formalin instead of shiitake mushrooms  but I am not sure how folks will feel about trying it.  It is Fishvets Formalin MS fish medicine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/fishvet-Formalin-MS-Fish-Medicine-1-25-oz-/141002628470?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d4695d76   It is $3.00 on ebay.
They are drops to add to water for a sick fish. It is nothing more than 37% formaledhyde. One could add less than 1 part to 10 parts knox gelatin and Braggs Aminos BUT you would need to flat iron in a ventilated area if you do that.   I am sure a lot of people will have real issues with doing that.  

SO...the formalin/formaldehyde/aldehyde free formula is just to add propylene glycol to the knox gelatin/Braggs Aminos instead. And again you can get 8 oz of that on ebay for $8.00.

I am off to the market to get my Knox Gelatin. I already ordered 32 ounces of Bragg Liquid Amino for $6.00 plus shipping  online. and I ordered 8 ounces of propylene glycol for $8.00 on ebay. Both should be here later this week. I have olive oil and coconut oils here already. Silicone also helps the keratin to seal in the hair so if you have one of those antifriz serums that is mainly silicone you can add a bit to the formula.(like silicon mix gotas de brilla)

Found a video on youtube to show you how amino acids work to soften curls when baked in the hair with heat.

This stylist just used amino acids on hair without oil, without propylene glycol which is a moisturizer that allows them to actually penetrate the shaft some and prevent the drying, and without the keratin in the form of knox gelatin that our formula include! ALSO SHE DID NOT ALLOW THE AMINO ACIDS TO set in the hair for 3 days with the hair straight for better penetration. 
So I am certain that the formula above will produce even FAR better results than this video... But this was a little teaser.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 13 2013 at 9:19am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 11:59am
I am SO GLAD I ordered 32 ounces of Bragg Liquid Amino Acids for $6.99 plus shipping online. There are many vendors of this online and 32 ounces is a good amount! We are really on to something very important here for length retention, health of the hair as well as making the texture more manageable with Amino Acids here. I am convinced that this is going to be extremely helpful in allowing us to have easy to deal with hair that we can retain and thereby attain our length goals.

I plan to add these Bragg Liquid Amino Acids to my conditioners, my leave ins, to my yougurt and honey I use each week, as well as to this treatment. So I have learned more to refine the technique. 
I will apply the aminos FIRST, after shampooing, then I will add the thin knox gelatin mixture with oil and propylene glycol to go on top of the cuticle.  Cover for an hour with conditioning cap  then flat iron.

Information:

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:

16 Amino Acids
  • Alanine
  • Arginine
  • Aspartic Acid
  • Glutamic Acid
  • Glycine
  • Histidine
  • Isoleucine
  • Leucine
  • Methionine
  • Phenylalanine
  • Proline
  • Serine
  • Threonine
  • Tyrosine
  • Valine
  • Lysine 
Lotion Crafters has another Amino Acid product called Silk Amino Acids which is more expensive. I will use the  Bragg for now. Maybe later I will try lotion crafter's
So although loosening my curl up one level to the 2 /wave category was my initial goal...  Now, I want to do this also to return my hair to a healthy strong state with healthy cuticles and structure.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 13 2013 at 3:25pm
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 1:37am
Thanks for posting that video, LadyAradia.  Her hair is fierce!  I want a Milstan iron, but I am so afraid of that much heat.  Those irons touch the scalp and don't burn the client, which is amazing! Now I see what you are saying about leaving the hair straight for 3 days, and then washing it out.  I almost fell out my chair when she flat ironed her hair and then washed all that work out.  Okay, I've got you now.  I can't wait to do this treatment.  I bought the big bottle of Bragg's too.  Guess I'll be trying the formaldehyde free formula.  Thank you for sharing your recipe. Hug

Were the mushrooms you priced at Walmart the Roland brand or the Polar brand or another brand?  $30 is pretty steep.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 1:51am
Very interesting info LadyA. I know that if all else fails me your info will be of great importance to me in the last leg of my journey.

I've decided to concentrate more of my mix on my crown area, that part seems to just sit there and get knotted most of the time. This time I'll be very diligent about it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 2:07am
Thanks ladies. YES AGoddess!!! I could not believe she washed the aminos right out of her hair as soon as she   ironed them in! But I guess she just wanted to show for the video how it works on the texture while she had the client there.  It would have been better for the hair to leave it in a few days so it could seal in the hair and enjoy the flat iron for a few days at least.

You mean the irons you put in the stove? I think the one with a thermostat is safer personally. You can easily burn off a whole section of hair with the irons that go in the stove. LOL

I will have to check walmart's site again to see which brand shiitake I saw. But I will try the completely formaldehyde free formula too myself. I have to get another tube of mn from family dollar too.  I am hoping for a good growth spurt over the next month.

Well good luck ladies and keep me updated on your progress!

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 14 2013 at 2:16am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 61>