Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 54>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 9:13am
sure Welcome AGoddess!
Quanna I am not sure how it will work with tracks. Do you normally oil your scalp with tracks?
Sponsored Links

aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 8:33am
Okay, I'm back. I started my application after getting all ingredients mixed on July 4, 2013.  I did the oil mixture with:
  • Miconazole Nitrate 2%
  • 6 oz. Organic Coconut Oil
  • 1 tsp. Sulfur
  • 2 tbsp. MTG
  • 2 tbsp. T-Tree Growth Creme
I did a BIG chop, 1 inch above APL.  I want to see how much growth I can get with this new mixture, plus I had heat damage. I straightened my hair so you can see my true length, but will not straighten while on this challenge, as I am going natural again.  Pictures are below, 1 straightened and 3 natural from each angle.  The front is almost as long as the back now. I added the MTG for thickness and to help strengthen the hair around my edges/nape. My regimen is 6 days apply mixture once daily at night, cover with satin cap, and leave on scalp until wash day. On the 7th day, co-wash hair. Apply conditioner of choice, MTG, and olive oil to scalp and full length of hair. Leave mixture on, and continue applying daily mixture until next wash day. My hair thrives with moisture packed on, and the MTG is really oily, but in this mix you can't tell for some reason. This is my first time using MTG, so it will be interesting to watch what happens with this mixture. If I see anything wrong, I will be removing the MTG.  Let's go 3 inches!

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/SHOPPINGDAZE/slideshow/ - http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/SHOPPINGDAZE/slideshow/
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 9:48am
good luck agoddess! How is the smell on that MTG for you? I had to add a lot of essential oils to mine
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 2:43am
I was a little nervous from all of the reviews on it.  But I'm use to sulfur, so it didn't bother me at all.  It's strong, but once I put it on at night the smell is gone when I wake up.  Did you add any to your mix?  I see you add conditioner to your water mixture.  Does any get on the length of your hair, and if so does it remain soft?  I may have to try out the water mixture.  It sounds light on the hair for the summer months.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 8:18am
It does  get on the hair a little in my case because my hair is so absorbent and I do have to co wash it out every few days.  the oil does stiffen the hair a bit, the water mixture not so much. The odor bothers me a lot. It almost makes me sick on the stomach. I have put a lot of fragrance oils in it too but it is still bad. When my husband uses the oil in the bathroom that I mixed up, it bothers me but he cant seem to notice it much.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 9:20am

my hair looks a little darker due to me using cassia /neutral "henna" to strengthen it. I read henna is GREAT for length retention! (along with nightly oils and sulfur)
So looks like it went from line#6 to about line #8 in 2 1/2 months. Still thin. 
Please post photo updates everyone. good luck & hhg

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 10 2013 at 9:07am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 3:03pm
I notice my hair seems to be growing twice as fast in the back than in the front of my head.
It seems to be growing almost an inch each month in the back! But  I am getting 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month on the hair in the front.

• The Cassia Obovata ( blonde henna) really darkened it a little.
  • The Desert Essence Coconut Hair Defrizzer gave my dry frizzy hair some moisture and a slightly healthier look.

• The Sulfur oil and Monistat cream ointment I apply to my scalp nightly is helping it to grow nicely.
  • The coconut oil I use is helping the health of the hair too.
I gave it a better flat ironing later and it looked a little better. 
Happy hair growing everyone.... Please post your own pictures too  or add you new length check measurements.  We will do another photo update in September 2013

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 09 2013 at 3:07pm
aGoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aGoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 2:32am
Wow, LadyAradia, that's some good growth!  Looks like it is on line 9 to me.  Your hair looks alot thicker after 2 months also.  Keep it up and you will be at waist length in no time. Clap
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 6:47am
Thank you very much. I want us all to reach our hair goals together.  
The last 3 weeks I did not buy any monistat, I just used sulfur oil on the scalp. But I will get some more MN in a few days to add to everything. The 4% from Rite Aid is supposed to be really good but most of the time I just got the 2% for $5 from Walmart or Family Dollar.

Please update everyone! And stay diligent. I usually do mine every night. Anoint your scalp daily with your MN/ Sulfur elixirs and GHE as often as you can! I just tie my hair up in a scruncie bun on top of my head most of the time now. And I always comb with one of those big bone extra wide tooth combs and tie up with a satin  cloth of some sort every night.

Since my hair is thin, I will try to pick up some Shea Moisture Organic Thickening Growth Milk mentioned in the 2nd video on page 1 and Shea Moisture - Organic Yucca & Boabab w/ Biotin & Bamboo Extract for Thin, Fine Hair from Walgreens  to add to my elixir for the next few months.
Happy Hair Growing everyone!!!

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 10 2013 at 7:26am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 9:00am
this is the longest my hair has ever been in my whole life.
I added some:
  •  red pepper flakes
  • garlic powder (maybe some MSM powder)
  • sulfur powder (1 tsp  per 8 ounce mix)
  • oil
  • and a tube of Miconizole nitrate
to my mix usually. Oil scalp nightly. Massage hair with head upside down for close to 15 minutes. Apply conditioner cap for Green House Effect and go to sleep with it covered.

PS I also use 2 Maxi Hair pills and 2 biotin 5000 pills daily with close to a gallon of water/daily when possible.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 10 2013 at 9:15am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System