Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 61>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VelvetOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VelvetOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 10:28pm
CryCry I made a batch and the smell is bothering me. I am giving that to my daughter and going to try to make an unscented batch for me.  Its the lavender   but I thought lavender was sweet smell sweet like that hawaiian breeze glade air freshner.  My scalp was tingling for a while so it may be working but the smell has got to go.Thumbs Down

I have a pound of sulfur  3 packs of mn and I will go back to gnc tomorrow for more oils, jojoba that did not have a smell.
I can't believe after all of this the smell is going to stop me in this challenge. Smh.Unhappy
I will check in tomorrow after I get more oil my almond oil smell spoiled also. Confused
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 7:42am
check the smell of the essential oils before you add it to your mixture... At least your daughter will get some good growth too though! 
I add the rosemary, lavender and peppermint but the first time I added some Cherry Almond fragrance oil to soften the smell. Another batch I put Fresia fragrance oil in along with Cherry almond fragrance. Fresia and Cherry fragrances are heavenly and will disguise any essential oils.The next time I used only tea tree oil, with peppermint and rosemary which is strong smelling but it didnt bother me. So the smell can definitely be adjusted depending on what you use.

Good luck getting a fragrance that agrees with you.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 8:17pm
Here is some reading material some of you ladies may enjoy about MN  and hair growth.

It seems you can realistically expect between 3/4" - 1 1/2" per month with this.  So about 1 inch per month is a realistic goal....much better than my natural 1/4" inch per month. The key then is to do this consistently over MANY months to get some real results. 

So in 7 months by the end of 2013, I hope to have almost 5 1/2" - 7" more hair instead of  just 1 3/4 inch more hair at my natural rate... Do the math.

Please set your own goals. I think expecting 0.6 inches for each month is a  good conservative estimate.  I am going with 0.7 for my goal each month... less conservative. So I am apl now, I hope to be mbl by December and wl by May 2014.Wink We will see if I make it Smile
Doctors currently can make no comment regarding hair growth from MN because they may only recite results from previous studies. Since the scientific community has not yet chosen to study the effects of MN on hair growth... guess what... We're it! So the results of those before us on youtube. lhcf and those currently using MN on their hair are the only  evidence regarding MN and hair growth so far. I personally will feel quite comfy growing hip length hair ultimately with this despite the fact that we and our fellow long hair journey peers are pioneering this.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 17 2013 at 2:11pm
VelvetOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VelvetOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 11:16pm
Ok, I now will mix my new oils without any essentials oils tomorrow. I did not like any other  of those smells.I know I need it to get that tingle effect therefore I will only put the essentials oils on my hair on wash day Unhappy for a couple of hours. I am hoping I will get used to the smell.
Do you ladies know of an essential oil  or something that would tingle the scalp but not smell. Do I really need it?

I am going to work with my grapeseed , jojoba and apricot to see what results I get.
Just know my daughter is a happy camper with her mixture  she said she can't wait to use it Smile
lucky girl.
I will post her results also.
Thanks and wishing us all again good resultsBig smile

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 6:05am
I do not think you must use an essential oil. Tea tree oil is an alternative that tingles and some ladies obtained from Family Dollar. It smells medicinal and has astringent properties. Peppermint is one I like. I put the rosemary in because it is reputed to help with hair growth. But if you just can't stand the smell of them at all you don't have  to use any. 

I was like you at first about the fragrances but I always put a majority of peppermint and it masks all the others. I personally do like peppermint. You know they have perfume scented fragrance oils at some beauty supply stores....Like white diamond oil, anais anais oil, channel #5 oil etc. you could try to mask the essentials with something like that in the same way I sometimes mask it with cherry almond or fresia fragrance oils.

PS I plan to ONLY use MN 3 or 7 during this journey. This will leave the option of Monistat 1 (TIOconazole a different chemical) in the event I need it for downstairs. Again my plan is to use MN for 4 months prior to the 1 or2 month break during which I will switch to just sulfur oil. This is to provide a little break from the MN to avoid developing immunity to the treatment. Then I will resume MN w/ sulfur.  Nonetheless, I plan to reserve Monistat1 ONLY in case I need a treatment downstairs at some point and never for use in this challenge.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 17 2013 at 4:07pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 12:04am
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 12:18am
About to get my app in tonight!
I'm thinking I'll drop the Avocado oil and instead use Africa's best herbal oil...
I love that stuff!
I'll let you all know when I get it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 10:48am
I got a really good head massage in last night. I made my scalp really tingle by massaging it so well.
Then I took my time and really took the time to see myself in my mind's eye with my hair hanging below waist length in the back and my bangs hanging to below chin. I saw it really full, fluffy and big in my mind's eye too while I was laying there rubbing it and hanging upside down.. It was GREAT!!! And I was really relaxed and kind of tired when I got finished. A really good session of applying it last night.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 2:11pm
Hair Inspiration
I LOVE how she just ignored her sister telling her to cut it off in bangs. LOL

Edited by LadyAradia - May 19 2013 at 1:37am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 2:10pm
I did an apHogee 2 step conditioner today to try to help with length retention.
Length Retention Inspirations

Long Hair Inspiration

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 61>
  Share Topic