Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 61>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 2:21pm
KiKi I looked up the Kimmaytube Leave In that you mentioned! I like that a lot. Maybe some will like to use that formulation as their base cream leave in to mix with the MN & Sulfur

Just remember total 4 oz with 1 box of MN and 1 tsp of sulfur powder

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 30 2013 at 2:23pm
Sponsored Links

NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

GREAT Natty! You and I use about the same formula. About how many ounces of water and oil did you use.?... I updated it to 4oz per box of MN instead of 8 oz listed on first page... This after seeing that most people didnt  dilute their MN that much in those videos.

I'm not sure. I know I accidentally put too much (and this is going off of your first post), but I think it'll still be fine. That just means it'll last longer. :'D Also, I JUST realized I DO have a spray bottle lying around, so my mix will spray better this way anyway.
DamiaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamiaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

It cost about ten dollars at Target. How much was it at CVS?

I went to 1 CVS who didn't have anything higher than 2% so I didn't even bother looking at the price then I went to 2 different Walgreens and found them in 1 but figured my other local Walgreens would have it cheaper... They didn't and they weren't; the 2% generic version was about $16!!!! 

I'm going back to the other Walgreens tomorrow to buy the 4% boxes listed at about $13. 

And I just saw the KimmyPoo mixture video and I think I overdid my mix (I went off on another YouTube girl who did the Sulfur & MN Challenge). I didn't take any measurements per se but I just added a whole tube of MN, half a bottle off Sulfur, Megatek with Rosemary Oil, EVCO, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil and water to dilute it.

In another bottle I have Castor Oil, EVCO, few drops of Rosemary & Jojoba Oil mixed with water.

I use both Confused I may be overdoing it especially under a full sew in but I guess I'll be extra attentive when washing my hair with my diluted shampoo & conditioner mixes. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 6:06pm
Sounds great everyone! Just try to not add more than 1/2 a tea cup of other ingredients to your tube of MN so it wont be too diluted. 
Im about to do mine now and massage with my head inverted for a while...
HHG all!
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 6:25pm

I want in on this challenge. I have read every post and I am excited. I purchased my sulfur and mn from amazon on Saturday. I also bought some biotin 10,000 mcg (was bogo 13.99).

What is your starting length? 8 months Post chemotherapy, so about 1/4 to 1/2 inch

What length is my goal for next year this time? (May 2014) Hoping for neck length

How many more  inches to grow:  __"  to goal LMAO, I have a long way to go

I have some MTG, a tube of monistat, and a bottle of Megatek (old formula).

I will post pics soon.

So can I join?

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 8:15pm
Yes Welcome LWhite!!!
Welcome Shoefreakbaby!
DamiaRose you are using sulfur8? great! Please post your starting length and goal length for 5/2014.

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 30 2013 at 8:34pm
naomiluv21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naomiluv21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 6:17am
I have to be in this challenge!
Question: I have a bottle of sublimed flower sulfur that I brought last year on amazon
that I haven't used yet....
is this still ok to use? Does sulfur expire? Or I would have to order another batch???

STARTING LENGTH: APL (#15)
FINAL GOAL FOR NEXT YEAR: WL (#23)

Lady Aradia.... we have the exact same numbers for our starting point & goal!!!
So this should deff motivate me

Pics are coming soon! I want to make one of those measured ruler shirt first
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 7:22am
@Damia, your mix sounds really good.
I wanna try megatek sometime.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 7:34am
Naomiluv21 I think the sulfur should be fine. Welcome  I will search for an answer to make sure, but go on and use what you've got!  There is supposed to be an expiration date on the bottom of the jar though if it has one. I tend to think natural sulfur should last a long time

TODAY IS THE FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF OUR CHALLENGE..... Let's get started all and post your starting lengths and goal lengths for next May!  

PS Since my roots are going natural, I got up at 4 am and put yogurt in my  hair, brushed it into a tight ponytail, put the conditioner cap back on and went back to bed.  I will co wash it out later today.  I plan to try this once a week stepping up to the 6  oz greek yogurt, 4 tbsp. coconut oil, 5tbsp coconut cream  formula of conditioner overnight to stretch the curls a tiny bit.  I plan to do mine once a week with tension.. ie with the hair stretched into a straight configuration and overnight. I think the origin is from India. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/coconut-cream-relaxer.html .. I will keep you updated on my progress... if any 

GOOD LUCK ALL WITH THE MN SULFUR CHALLENGE...
Let the challenge begin!!

Edited by LadyAradia - May 01 2013 at 8:10am
naomiluv21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naomiluv21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:48am
thanks! I see that my sulfur Exp 01 17 so that's great I don't have to go out & buy another batch.

Anyway I'm natural & I wear my hair straight 90% of the time. I'll use my oil based.
African Best Herbal Oil ( which has everything in it!) + sulfur+ 10 drops of grapefruit oil( smells amazing?!)
and the 4% MN that I just brought!

Sooo excited I'll apply it tonite b4 bed

I read that it actually stays on ur scalp for three days.

Are u guys applying this everyday or every other day???
I can't decide lol.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 61>
  Share Topic