Mynx Hair

Author
vibrantthang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Insensitive. Insensitive. wrote:

Originally posted by ninga ninga wrote:

hair growth cannot be that important can it?women please..... FTW tell me hair growth is not that serious.
Shutup.

LMFAO
Sponsored Links

Night_jasmine View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 10:06pm
yeast infection cream is just a antifungal cream.  If you have growth problems due to a fungal infection, then it can help you, other than that, it does nothing.
puchi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 10:11pm
Ive always heard the rumor about Monistat, but didnt know it was true!

Personally, I wouldnt do it, growth is not that serious for me.

*goes to peak at the craziness of the growth section*
CollegeChick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 10:13pm
I heard that stuff gives people headaches. 
Julian2Cool View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 10:14pm
I tried it before and it did work for me, I grew some inches and it is not 'all in my head' it actually worked. I am using another growth aid and won't go back to the monistat because i don't wanna deal wit the cream on my hair. But it's not as bad as it sounds.If you don't like the way that sounds then don't try, simple. Don't knock it 'till you try it, it may not work for all as well as it worked for me, but don't bash it just because.

Edited by Julian2Cool - Aug 04 2008 at 10:16pm
COTTONDRAWLS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 10:16pm
My hubby found the tube in the bathroom...I had a lot of 'splainin to do! I got it to clear up a fungal infection on my scalp.  My hair DID grow ridiculously fast!
morning_glory View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

as long as women on hair boards have been doing it, i'll say it's safe

it's just an antifungal. same stuff used for skin.

I agree. I have used it. But I didn't use it long enough to notice a diff I only used it two or three times I think. It made my scalp kinda greasy and I didn't like having to apply stuff to my scalp.

I use apple cider vinegar rinses after my shampoo. That stuff makes my hair grow like crazy. PLUS it really helps with my itchy scalp. I usually have to wash every 2 days cuz of the itchies but when I use the ACV I can go 4-5 days between washes. It's great! I think that's also due to it's antifungal properties. SO if youre concerned with Monistat then definitly try the ACV.

It's the only thing that keeps my scalp in check.

AisaK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 8:41pm
I have been on here most of the day trying to find out how to apply monistat. I had a little bit of sulphur 8 which I haven't used since I was a child. I have tons of monistat type products. For the forum members that think it works wonders for them but it is too expensive then you can just pick some up at the 99cents store. It will say if you like monistat try this. You can also opt for 99cent athletes foot cream. They all have the 2% miconazole nitrate. Also having a yeast infection is not some horrible disease. The bacteria exists in your body all over. It can overgrow and has to be put in check. Thats it. I squirted some into my sulfur 8 and stirred it up and put it on my scalp when I just braided it. It doesn't even seem that goopy or creamy like some people said. It was just like putting carrot oil cream or any other creamy substance on your hair/scalp. I wasn't sure about putting on hair or scalp so I did mostly just scalp with a little on the hair in some areas. I can't tell you how it goes until I have my miraculous growth spurt but I am hopeful and excited. I hope I was able to help the more cost conscious members. I use the cheap stuff and if it works on the cooch surely it can work elsewhere i.e. feet, scalp. Also, for the more natural ingredient members you may want to just take some acidophillus pills and eat yogurt. They fend off bad bacteria to keep balance. Maybe they can go through the system and help in that way. Not sure though but it can be worth a try.
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 8:52pm
It works for me :]
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2008 at 1:43am
To sum up what some other people have said:

Jock Itch
Athlete's Foot Itch
Yeast Infection
Ringworm
Some forms of stunted hair growth
Certain skin rashes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are all caused by various forms of fungus.

Miconazole Nitrate is an active ingredent in the products that are used to treat for most of these ailments. Look at the tubes the next time that you are in the drug store. None of the tubes that I have viewed have listed warnings about adverse reaction from extended exposure to MN.

If you have an itchy scalp with stunted growthand suspect fungal issues on the scalp, and you dont want to try MN as a home remedy, sulfur based products (also common in prescriptions for treating certain skin conditions and rashes) or apple cider vinegar can help to reduce fungus.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic